• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bordeaux et blanc

July 19, 2013, 02:23:44 pm #1000 Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:35:48 pm by bordeaux et blanc
Quote from: sevenof400 on July 19, 2013, 01:26:34 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 19, 2013, 01:06:33 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on July 19, 2013, 12:55:44 pm
the problem with the heat is it makes it miserable to be outside.  i don't like to sweat.  course if i had a pool, i'd be out there all day everyday.
I thought that too but I hardly ever use it now

L'eau de la piscine est comme l'eau du bain!
Sept, he can barely grasp English so I'm pretty sure He can't understand that.J'utilise une fontaine pour maintenir la fraîcheur dans ma piscine.

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 19, 2013, 06:35:37 am
I would cancel winter if possible.   :)  I know Piggies likes cooler temps so she could have fall....but no winter.

It doesn't seem has hot this year to me.   Not that many days of 100 yet :). Chance maybe next week

Well the reality is, you and summer, have some issues Diehard.  Unless you've been drinking too much coffee.  My grandmother always told me drinking too much coffee has the same effect.

Texarkana_Piggie

nice and rainy this morning.  then it quit.  nice and humid now

Valleysports

Just cooled down and started raining Russellville 4:00, coming at you HF.  Nice!

Ridge Rat

Finally getting a good rain, first time since May at my place that amounted to anything.

Valleysports

More rain Russellville - solid rain - 1:30 pm

HorseFeathers

Rain this morning....wouldn't hurt my feelings if it rained all day...all night and a couple more days haha

DogsWin7

July 22, 2013, 09:51:22 am #1007 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:57:03 am by DiehardFBfan
No rain here....at least not yet.  It rained here Friday night.    I have enjoyed this summer except for trying to get in shape!  :)

Moi, ma saison preferee, c'est l'ete. J'aime l'ete, j'aime le soleil, j'aime la chaleur.

Summer is my favorite season.  I love summer, love the sun, love the warmth.  I think... ;D

Valleysports

Alright Diehard, I realized I was going round n round with Xtreme too much, went out to the pool, laid out & swam.  Really the first time this year, going to have to do more of that...

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 22, 2013, 09:51:22 am
No rain here....at least not yet.  It rained here Friday night.    I have enjoyed this summer except for trying to get in shape!  :)

Moi, ma saison preferee, c'est l'ete. J'aime l'ete, j'aime le soleil, j'aime la chaleur.

Summer is my favorite season.  I love summer, love the sun, love the warmth.
  I think... ;D
Summer is my favorite season.  I love summer, love the sun, love the warmth.
translated to Klingon...
poH tuj bI'reS favorite maqtagh. poH tuj bI'reS, bang pemHov bang, warmth bang.
that translated back to English...
favorite summer solstice season. the summer solstice the Sun love, love, love warmth.

translated to English...
Me, my season favorite, it's summer. I love the summer, I love the Sun, I like the heat.
translated from that to Klingon...
jIHvaD, yo' qIj mangpu' favorite, poH tuj, bI'reS. poH tuj bI'reS vImuSHa' 'e', pemHov vImuSHa' 'e', bIrchoHmeH vIparHa'.
translated from that back to English...
to me, as time passes, the black fleet, hot favorite soldier Solstice. the summer solstice, and I love it, I love the Sun to the cold pie.

;D

cuckoobird

One flew over the cuckoos nest

Go Postal

DogsWin7

Glad to see all you boys are having fun! :)

Great running weather.   

Valley....glad that you were able to thaw out after being in Alaska ;)

Go Postal.....I love your imagination :)

sevenof400

Everyone owes it to their self to go sit outside for awhile....right now.

Wow - what kind of weather this is for July 25!

Valleysports

Traveled by VROD yesterday.  Was thinking I might try to get rid of this farmers tan today, but looks like it might be a better day to work.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on July 26, 2013, 06:37:46 am
Traveled by VROD yesterday.  Was thinking I might try to get rid of this farmers tan today, but looks like it might be a better day to work.

Might have had a better luck taking a shower outside than getting rid of tan lines...lol

sevenof400

For a July day to have a high temp less than 80......priceless.

Keep that rain coming!

DogsWin7

I have to agree that 70 degrees has felt pretty good today.   It rained all day...just what I needed to make myself rest. :)

Now enough of that......ready for sunshine!

True Believer

Even though I love the hot weather, I am not complaining.

It is lovely outside!!

sevenof400

This has been an incredible summer.  I've spent more time outside this summer than the past three summers combined.  May it please continue this way...

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on July 27, 2013, 09:13:52 am

It is lovely outside!!

The only bad thing about the rain and cooler weather are the mosquitos, it seems they have come on with a vengeance. I was talking with the crew installing the turf at JHS this morning, they were loving the 70° weather, said it was usually 100° plus on the turf.

ricepig

85° today, another CoC day, something tells me will pay for it some how.

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2013, 01:37:52 pm
Quote from: True Believer on July 27, 2013, 09:13:52 am

It is lovely outside!!

The only bad thing about the rain and cooler weather are the mosquitos, it seems they have come on with a vengeance. I was talking with the crew installing the turf at JHS this morning, they were loving the 70° weather, said it was usually 100° plus on the turf.

They have been bad.  I normally don't kill any inside the house and this year I have killed several.

I'm hoping by next week it will be at least in the 90's.  Headed to the lake for a few days.  Need it to be warmer than 84. 

Valleysports

I've found the mosquito situation to be good this year.  Last year hundreds of people were dying of West Nile, the worst outbreak in history.  Texarkana Piggie what kind of report do you have from down south?

cuckoobird

They arent too bad in the east this year. Nothing like normal anyway

sevenof400

And pretty much non-existent here in the central part of the state....perhaps the oil spill in Mayflower drove them away.....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 31, 2013, 10:05:04 am
And pretty much non-existent here in the central part of the state....perhaps the oil spill in Mayflower drove them away.....

Got them in Pope County...well at about Dark anyway. Not enough to be a bother though...

AHM™

Well up here in farm country, we have horrible mosquitoes!!! We do not go out after dark, and have to spray the inside of our house before bed!

cuckoobird

I kinda live in farm country too but they arent that bad this year. Arkansas county

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 31, 2013, 08:31:09 pm
I kinda live in farm country too but they arent that bad this year. Arkansas county

Yeah, but it's not real farm country like NEA.    ;D

Go Postal

July 31, 2013, 10:11:54 pm #1030 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:13:48 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2013, 08:47:56 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 31, 2013, 08:31:09 pm

Yeah, but it's not real farm country like NEA.    ;D
I agree.  Have you ever noticed on a geological map that Arkansas is split from North East to South West?  Highlands and Lowlands.  Nice diversity in this State.  You're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.  Where's Toto?

Texarkana_Piggie

Its freakin hot in Disney world.  Humidity is miserable. 

cuckoobird

Naw we are just the highest production county in the state. ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

August 01, 2013, 04:32:30 pm #1033 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:36:03 pm by Texarkana_Piggie
Quote from: Valleysports on July 30, 2013, 09:39:23 pm
I've found the mosquito situation to be good this year.  Last year hundreds of people were dying of West Nile, the worst outbreak in history.  Texarkana Piggie what kind of report do you have from down south?

I don't go outside in the summer.  I don't like sweating.  ;) skeeters are bout normal. Haven't heard of as many cases of west Nile as last two summers. 

True Believer

It is now getting just right to get on the pontoon and just drift away on the lake. 

Finally.

DogsWin7

Have Fun TB!!!

Hot and Humid today.    Mowing grass this time of year isn't fun!

School starts here soon.   I will miss having my little guy home :(

True Believer

Heat index over 100?? 

If it would just stop this raining for just a few days.   

Creek beds are full up here.  Too muddy to fish right now. 

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 05, 2013, 04:38:32 pm
Have Fun TB!!!

Do like me...
Let the grass grow as far as acceptable in your community and do the Planet Earth a favor by producing oxygen.  LOL

Shoot, some of my local buddies comment...
"He has a nice looking porch, until he mows his grass and then we find out that it is the upstairs balcony" ;D

Texarkana_Piggie

the temp today was 102 and heat index was 106.  humidity was about 41%.  last week in florida, temp was 88, heat index was 97.  i sweated more last week than i did today.  the humidity down there was 75%-85% every day.  that is just miserable.  i can take 102 if the humidity stays around 40%

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on August 06, 2013, 09:26:44 pm
Have Fun TB!!!

Do like me...
Let the grass grow as far as acceptable in your community and do the Planet Earth a favor by producing oxygen.  LOL

"He has a nice looking porch, until he mows his grass and then we find out that it is the upstairs balcony" ;D

I let mine grow until I just can't stand it anymore and go mow it. Mowed my Mom's yard tonight, in record time. Was still 90 degrees at 8:30..

Go Postal

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2013, 10:17:48 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on August 06, 2013, 09:26:44 pm
Have Fun TB!!!

Do like me...

I let mine grow until I just can't stand it anymore and go mow it. Mowed my Mom's yard tonight, in record time. Was still 90 degrees at 8:30..
That's what I'm talkin' about.  Breathing easier now.  Can't let those South American jungles Do all of the work. 8)

Breitontime

You can't get chin deep in the cool Gulf water here, Tex!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Breitontime on August 07, 2013, 09:04:15 am

oh believe me i miss the beach!  one of these days, i'm going to figure out how to spend the entire summer with my toes in the sand listening to the surf.

ricepig

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 07, 2013, 01:08:09 pm

oh believe me i miss the beach!  one of these days, i'm going to figure out how to spend the entire summer with my toes in the sand listening to the surf.

Build a sandbox and stick in your earbuds.   ;D

Valleysports

A big treat growing up, other than chasing the Wake Village ice cream truck, was when grandma would take us to Spring Lake?  Is that the name of it Piggie - seems like it was somewhere out to the SW side of Texarkana.  Fun times on hot days..

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on August 07, 2013, 01:42:10 pm

A big treat growing up, other than chasing the Wake Village ice cream truck, was when grandma would take us to Spring Lake?  Is that the name of it Piggie - seems like it was somewhere out to the SW side of Texarkana.  Fun times on hot days..

prob. talking about crystal springs.  it is closed down now i think.  several years ago, liberty eylau middle school took a group of kids out there at the end of the year and one of the kids drowned.  spring lake park is on texas side.  they had a pool but not a beach type area like crystal springs was.  they filled in the pool at spring lake park and put in a big splash pad.  they have also opened up a water park on arkansas side not far from my house. 

Valleysports

Yes - Crystal Springs!  My big challenge was to swim out to the concrete diving dock, wasn't big enough to ride the cable.  That place was happening.  Went to Spring Lake Park to feed the ducks.  We have a Spring Lake, up here, near Mt Nebo.  Wish I could go back in time.  :'(

Texarkana_Piggie

i'm ready for fall and winter.  my two favorite seasons.  ready for some coooooollllllddddd!

DogsWin7

Got some crazy thunderstorms going on!

Go Postal I am going to have to mow again,  I think I need a balcony:)

True Believer

I am blessed enough to have a lawn guy.  It's wonderful!!!

It's beautiful at the lake.  The temp is just perfect.  Except for the lighting storm that we had last night.  Geez Louise!!   Not much boat activity either so I love that.  I guess everyone is home getting ready for school to start. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas