• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

I am sunburned and I Love It!!!!   

I hope it doesn't Snow!!!!   Please stay away! 

HorseFeathers

...upper 80's yesterday, upper 70's today...Tomorrow night...a slim chance of snow...Mother Nature needs to take her medication....

Valleysports

I'm going fishing, 30 mins from now, rain or not!  :D

Lions84

A large section of North Central TX are under a Frezze warning tonite.

True Believer

I'm going to need a boat.

Ridge Rat

Got a buddy at outside Bentonville sending me pics of snow. I remember 8" in April back when I was a kid but dang!

True Believer

Get out the snow skis NWA.

We have our water skis out over here!

Craziness!!!

Brian G

5 inches of snow in Decatur.  I only had a full covering of my yard in Fayetteville.  Supposed to get more around midnight.  All of mine is gone, but it was quite a site to see fully leaved trees loaded with snowflakes.

HorseFeathers

True Believer

^^^So true!   

I am now back under the electric blanket!

Uncle Ivan

Alien in the shower.

My reaction to the third straight day of rain.

Texarkana_Piggie

Flat out hot here today.  Got field day tomorrow and the kindergarten picnic Friday.   Gonna sweat to death.

True Believer

It was nice here today.

Gonna rain again soon.  Sick of the rain. 

True Believer

Prayers for Oklahoma.  They are getting hard right now.

Brian G

Next 48 hours going to be brutal on the 4 corner(AR,MZ,KS,OK) area.

True Believer

Yep.  Prayers for all. 

Indiana Jones

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow

Brian G

bleudog

May 20, 2013, 04:31:19 pm #868 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:37:10 pm by bleudog
Shawnee, Oklahoma (CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 4:58 p.m. (EST) Monday]

Areas of metropolitan Oklahoma City appeared to be in shreds Monday afternoon after a massive tornado moved through the region. "The houses are destroyed. ... Completely leveled," a helicopter pilot for CNN affiliate KFOR said. A school was apparently among the structures leveled by the twister.........

The tornado was estimated to be at least two miles wide at one point as it moved through Moore, Oklahoma, in the southern part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, CNN affiliate KFOR reported.

Meteorologists warned residents to go underground to survive a direct hit from the tornado.

"It's just destroying everything. There's so many homes in the air right now. The motion on this storm is sickening," said storm chaser Spencer Basoco.

More than 171,000 people could have been in the path of the storm.

Texarkana_Piggie

wow.  praying for those in the twister's path.

Indiana Jones

the Weather Channel is saying the damage is 3 times worse than the May  1999 tornado that hit Moore, OK :(

True Believer

Dear Lord Almighty.

Devastation beyond words. 

Prayers for all.

ricepig

My brother lives on the north side of OKC, he said the tornado was about 25 miles south of him, that the one yesterday was a lot closer. I told him I would move.

Brian G

Good friend of mine lived in Moore in 1999 when that one occurred.  I just heard the NBH he lived in was two blocks from that elementary school.  He moved back from there ten years ago.

The deal with these kids at the schools has to be nightmarish on many fronts.  It has to be hard to know what kids were where and trying to account for whomever might have already been picked up.  You can't forget that the teachers who might know that info might not be in a position to speak.

Best thing at this point is that area is seemingly safe for the night and they have lots of daylight.

True Believer

Uhhhh.....Tornado Warning for Washington and Benton counties. 

Take care friends!!!

True Believer

Ft. Smith.  Look out. 

Go Postal

Wind is now starting to pick up at Harrison (Boone Co).  Thunder and lightning too.  A precursor of things to come?

Valleysports

Ozark - Clarksville - I just moved the cars around, eerily quite & still, could see lighting in distance.  Better sleep in clean underwear tonight!

Indiana Jones

whew, we certainly  dodged a bullet with this one

sevenof400

TB!!!  WHERE ARE YOU????

I think we can agree - this has been a wonderful weather day! 

True Believer

OMGosh!!  Seven, it has been beautiful!!   Full moon, rolled the windows down, listening to the Rolling Stones, just got back from a fish fry, really want a tent RIGHT NOW. 

I swear I would camp out in my yard tonight!

Lovely.  Just lovely!!!

sevenof400

Two for two wouldn't you say TB?

Maybe we can keep this weather for a bit...

True Believer

Has anyone seen the moon tonight?

Yep. Another great day!

What happen to Diehard??  I never see her on here.  I hope she is OK.  Nice person. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on May 25, 2013, 10:32:00 pm
Has anyone seen the moon tonight?

Yep. Another great day!

What happen to Diehard??  I never see her on here.  I hope she is OK.  Nice person.

Thanks for asking about me TB.   I'm fine.  Just have been trying to take a little break:)

Continually praying for all the families in Oklahoma. 

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Memorial Day!

Love the Sunshine! 

True Believer

Well FF is just the good ole boy club.

Don't let them run you off. 

I'm not.  They can kiss my butooty.  :)

sevenof400

What kind of club do we have around here??   ;D

Valleysports

Aren't we on the extreme for a nice summer this year?  Nearly June and not over 90 yet, rain coming every few days, ponds are flush.  Wonder where we are on official drought now?  One thing I'm watching is mosquitoes, I just remember how E Tex had drought for 2 yrs and the next time they had a wet year (last yr), their West Nile went Wild...  I've picked up a lot of ticks and seen a lot more snakes than usual the last few days.  Teal season 3 months out...

Texarkana_Piggie

oh my gosh it's hot out there today!  what the heck is august going to be like?  can't stand all this humidity!

Valleysports

Talked to my old men friends at the Fitness Center, this morning, they said we ain't near caught up on the drought.  We're getting little shower in Russellville now.  Those old guys are such a source of information. 

Today's discussion was barbecuing.  Among many things, I learned, was to wrap the wood chips in tin foil like Hershey Kisses.  I have a dozen wrapped and ready now.  I molded the tin foil around a salt shaker, put the wood chips in, a straw, gave it the final twist, and pulled the straw out.  Place these little smoking tepee's right on those HOT coals.

Indiana Jones

tornadic storms all over the Ouachitas

Valleysports

Thunder is rolling tonight...... Went down to Atkins to work on a dove field this evening.  Kept thinking a tornado was going to pop over Petit Jean mtn at any moment, windy and dark..  Swamp was flush with water, wildlife is thriving this year.  Snakes everywhere.  I've also found several tiny fawns...  Mosquito Repellent necessary.

Go Postal

May 31, 2013, 12:28:50 am #891 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:31:46 am by Go Postal
Thunder/Lightning/Rain.  Weather channel says strong winds hitting Huntsville area.  Moving East toward Harrison area.  Shiskess, power just blinked as I was typing this.

Breitontime

Lightning looks like a strobe light tonight. All that's missing; EDM, Molly, and glow sticks for light shows.

bleudog

Tornado warning in St. Louis.

Moore, OK may have taken another hit.

DogsWin7

June 01, 2013, 03:17:36 am #894 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:27:24 am by DiehardFBfan
Everyone please keep a eye on the weather and be safe.   Life can have such unexpected and tragic events.   Thoughts and Prayers for all the families in Scott and Polk Co. And out in Oklahoma.    I pray God continues to provide strength to those who so desperately need it. 

sevenof400

.....build it 300 cubits long by 50 cubits by 30 cubits.....

Brian G

June 01, 2013, 09:24:05 am #896 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:49:27 am by B.G.
I found out my father is good friends with the Sheriff that died in Scott Co.  He was trying to rescue two women.

Flooding is going to ge graphic today and tomorrow all along the River Valley and other areas.

Everyone have a good thought for the cattle farmers as they can't just pick the herd up and go to a hotel.

Indiana Jones

my sister in the OKC area has a flooded house

Texarkana_Piggie

been a nice rainy quiet afternoon here.  trying hard not to nap!  ha!

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas