• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

So all the rain spread the ducks out and my hunting isn't so great right now.  But I sat there this morning, in possibly the neatest duck blind ever built, I'm told, just watching the snow coming down.  I'm having to canoe in and out now.  I feel like Travis Crabtree, canoeing around in those Cypress Bottoms.  Remember Travis?

True Believer

This is ALL I can think about right now.

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on January 15, 2013, 06:54:33 pm

Amen!  When's Duck season over?  :)

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on January 15, 2013, 06:54:33 pm

Tb, booked our house last week.  We are staying in seagrove this year.  Can't wait!  But I am loving this cold, snowy weather! 

True Believer

I have ours booked too.  I am just counting the days.

I hate this weather.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  :)

bleudog

True Believer

Haha....that's funny BD because today I was talking to a lady in Tupelo and she said to heck with the bread and the milk if an ice storm came.  She was heading to the liquor store!!!    I busted out laughing!!!!

But of couse young people reading this, she is of legal buying age. 

Lions84

We have below to freezing temps all week but we will have highs in the 60's Sat and Sun so I will be grilling this weekend.

Texarkana_Piggie

well, it's sunny and warm again today.  well, it will be warm by this afternoon.  tired of this jeckyll and hyde weather.  i want it to stay cold for a couple of months.  kill all the skeeters

Billyo62

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 18, 2013, 09:50:17 am
well, it's sunny and warm again today.  well, it will be warm by this afternoon.  tired of this jeckyll and hyde weather.  i want it to stay cold for a couple of months.  kill all the skeeters

You know you folks down there love the skeeters!  ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Billyo62 on January 18, 2013, 11:01:39 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 18, 2013, 09:50:17 am

You know you folks down there love the skeeters!  ;)

they certainly love me!  we can be sitting on the back porch and i will get bitten 100 times and my family none.  i have animal magnatism or something!  ha!  i hate skeeters/

True Believer

Doing the happy  happy happy dance today and headed outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARM!!!

Valleysports

I'm in agreement - keep drying up those fields by day, drop to high 20's at night.  Hunt in the morning, take nap with my sweet sweet grandbaby in afternoon.  8)  Could do this cycle forever.

DogsWin7

I loved the weather and beautiful sunshine yesterday!

Hopefully today will be equally as nice!

Have a Great Day Everyone!!:)

Valleysports

24 degs now, warms up next two days, then one more cold weekend run to wrap up season.  I've got to go back to work, so I can rest up.  Noticed the Spring Tulips coming up pretty good already.

DogsWin7

I love tulips, means spring is nearing...Hurry! :)

Breitontime

Ah, I can't wait to finish up this bike I'm building, and get out on her. Should be wrapped up in two, maybe three weeks.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Breitontime on January 23, 2013, 09:36:51 am
Ah, I can't wait to finish up this bike I'm building, and get out on her. Should be wrapped up in two, maybe three weeks.

You really know how to rub it in don't ya?........must be nice all that warm weather! 8)

Breitontime

Na.

This would be rubbing it in;

DogsWin7

Nice!

Makes me want to go on vacation!

Texarkana_Piggie

freakin 71 degrees.  ugh!  i want my cold winter weather!!!!!  i hate sweating in january!

Ridge Rat

44 here in Kentucky and it feels like a heat wave after the last couple of days!! Lots better now. One more hour and I get to head back to Arkansas for a few days. No place like home!

HorseFeathers

30 something degrees in Russellville yesterday...seemed kinda ironic that wal mart had the short shorts and the swimsuits on display already....

True Believer

I  just keep looking at beach houses.   sigh

fastdrop

and plenty of hot air.....  ;D

Valleysports

Bre, I was going over the Weir Bridge (I-40) this morning bout 5:30.  A motorcycle passed me in the dark, my mirror showed 32 degs...  65 is about my lower limit.

MHSPANTHERS

January 24, 2013, 12:11:14 am #576 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:17:18 am by MHSPANTHERS
Valley, you're not going "soft" on us are you? ;)  You're a rough and tumble man who has experience from your days in "The Last Frontier" state.

The temp here is currently right at 0 with a negative wind chill of -10 to -15.  Some of the ski resorts in the higher elevations were closed down because of more dangerous temps and wind chills.  That rarely happens here in the Granite State. 

DogsWin7

Only 6 more days left Valley......you promised!  ;) ;D

Breitontime

January 24, 2013, 09:12:32 am #578 Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:18:34 am by Breitontime
It never gets cold with the right gear, Valley. I have an armored textile jacket for warm weather. It gets cool, I break out the Vanson leathers. It's never cold in those.

Some of my biker buddies up North (PA, Upstate NY) ride year round. They wire an AC plug in, and buy heated suits. It's like a personal heater.

Valleysports

As a matter of fact MHSPanther, I've got to have some very good reason to be out in the cold.  I prefer 100 degs.. I ride my bike for enjoyment, not in to bundling up to risk my life.

Got three more days of duck season left, Diehard, then I'll be out of the way...  ;)

HorseFeathers

Freezing Rain on the way for russellville tonight...oh goody

Valleysports

January 24, 2013, 04:23:49 pm #581 Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:32:11 am by Valleysports
I'm fixing to build the biggest fire I can build (inside the fireplace).  That's a big fire - fireplace opening is probably 3ft x 3ft.  The neighbors say they know when I'm home, cause the fireplace is putting out smoke constantly - wait till they see this!  :D

Added more wood 0300

DogsWin7

January 25, 2013, 10:59:57 am #582 Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:03:37 am by DiehardFBfan
It's your Morning Wake Up Call with Diehard! ;D

It's currently 37 degrees and it Sux!!!  Where I am anyway...Drizzle rain, high today to be toward 55!  Yeah right!

Texarkana_Piggie

cold and rainy again finally!  love this kind of weather!  quack!

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on January 24, 2013, 04:23:49 pm
I'm fixing to build the biggest fire I can build (inside the fireplace).  That's a big fire - fireplace opening is probably 3ft x 3ft.  The neighbors say they know when I'm home, cause the fireplace is putting out smoke constantly - wait till they see this!  :D

Added more wood 0300

Added more wood 1 pm (someone must've added while I was duck hunting).

Breitontime

I got a little saddle time in on one of the motobikes today. Good time.

True Believer

It didn't ice here and it warmed up.  YEA!!!!!

Breitontime

January 26, 2013, 04:02:50 am #587 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:17:53 am by Breitontime
It's Gasparilla!

Expecting between 200,000-250,000 boats and well over half a million people for the invasion/parade.

Breitontime

OmyJesus. Gasparilla was awesome. Beautiful weather.

Now, my house is full of people, that I don't really know.

Breitontime

Ugh. Empty, and clean, thanks to a few close friends.

Valleysports

Looks nice Bre, my wife would love that range.

Texarkana_Piggie

love that painting riz.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Breitontime on January 27, 2013, 03:50:41 am
Ugh. Empty, and clean, thanks to a few close friends.

You like Modern Art?  Cool...nice place.

Do you collect art?

Nice and warm today!!!!! Yippie!!!

Thunderstorms tomorrow for where I live... Be careful

Lions84

We had frezzing temps last week and we got 70 degress and the threat of Thunderstorms in Jan today

sevenof400

Quote from: Lions84 on January 28, 2013, 11:44:33 am
We had frezzing temps last week and we got 70 degress and the threat of Thunderstorms in Jan today

While it should go without saying, I suspect TB is behind this.....

Breitontime

DogsWin7

Me too!  Do you like abstract, representational, non-objective etc. or contemporary fine arts?

I love oil paintings. 

Breitontime

I'd have to say my favorite is surrealism.
I spend a decent amount of time at the Salvador Dali museum.

I have a friend who does amazing paintings, for very reasonable prices, $150-$300. She's the one who got me into art a few years back.

Breitontime

I'd have to say my favorite is surrealism.
I spend a decent amount of time at the Salvador Dali museum.

I have a friend who does amazing paintings, for very reasonable prices, $150-$300. She's the one who got me into art a few years back.

Texarkana_Piggie

it is flat out nasty out there today.  overcast, 72 degrees, humidity 63%.  just nasty.  tomorrow supposed to be in mid 70s again and sever thunderstorms.  wish i was in denver with my sister.  it is snowing there. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas