• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

December 25, 2012, 07:45:20 am #450 Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:16:35 am by Valleysports
Whew Piggie looks like rain in the ArkLaTEx. 

Little Rock is forecast to be the stand off between low and high front - Rain turning to Snow, 20-30 mph wind, turning to freezing mess, temps dropping.  Looming Tornadoes as well..   Yes I'm ecstatic about the duck hunting tomorrow, but I still want y'all to all be safe.   ;D

0710 Freezing Rain has hit Russelllville!

True Believer

Valleysports

4:35 pm - been snowing heavy for two hours....  A White Christmas!  :)

Brian G

As of this moment, not a single drop of precipitation at my home.

True Believer

I'm about to go into some type of food coma.   When I wake up, I expect the blizzard of 2012 to be done.

Please someone take the banana pudding away from me!!!

HorseFeathers

Ice..snow...roads are bad, pope county road crew is probably sitting at home with their families...Blows my mind that they know this storm is coming for over a week, and still weren't prepared for it...oh well though..

True Believer

Well we have had snow, then sleet, then freezing rain and now a mix.

Great. 

Texarkana_Piggie

rain all morning.  bout 15 minutes of sleet then a couple of hours of snow.  prob have about and inch or two in my yard.  it is beautiful.  should be melted off tomorrow.  supposed to be sunny and warmer.  hope everyone stays warm and safe.

sevenof400

Similar story here.
A bit of rain/sleet mid afternoon followed by a lot of blowing, wet snow. 
Probably 4 - 6 inches on the ground here but unlikely to stay very long since our ground is still fairly warm.
Considerable wind gusts here to around 25 mph or so.

AirWarren

Quote from: Breitontime on December 23, 2012, 04:09:58 pm
I just rode my motorcycle in jeans and a T-shirt. People actually think snow is going to stick in two days?
I just rode my motorcycle in je

ans and a T-shirt. People actually think snow is going to stick in two days?
I just rode my motorcycle in jeans and a T-shirt. People actually think snow is going to stick in two days?

Congrats tough guy and there are 7 inches on the ground here and still coming down.

Breitontime

More a testament to the weather, tough guy. It was well into the 60's two days ago.

Valleysports

Ha ha it was a good day to ride...  I still haven't fixed that shifter pedal.  Have to get a new pedal.  First time visit to a Harley Shop, coming up.

0400 28 degs - snow has stopped - forecast mid 30's today, dropping to 18 degs tonight.

Breitontime

What'd you do to your pedal, Valley?

Valleysports

That is shifter in which the set screw broke.  So it was machined out an re-threaded.  When I went to put the new screw in, it was too big to go through the hole on the frame post.  I could drill the hole bigger (on frame) or just get a new shifter/ correct screw.

Breitontime

December 26, 2012, 01:22:49 pm #464 Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:38:53 pm by Breitontime
Or, you could have a screw made. Ask whoever machined and tapped you a new hole to turn you a screw on a lathe. The top of it can be the diameter of the lever, the bottom the diameter of the frame. Just have to make sure it's the proper pitch.

All you'd need is a bolt, and one of these to thread it.

True Believer

We got 8 inches.  I hate snow.  I hate ice.  I drove to work at the top speed of 25 and that was too fast.  Got stuck trying to get out of the drive way.  Rocked that baby until I got going again.  Got stuck turning off of a main street onto a side street.  Backed up and went a different way.  Got stuck trying to get back into my driveway.

Im exhausted.  Going to bed early tonight.

And yep.  It stuck.  It stuck real good.  My lab likes it though.  He ran and ran. 

Valleysports

Thanks Breitontime, I'll go see the machinist and get that done.

gatecrasher

13" at my place near Magic Springs. Up the road in Jessieville, they got 15".

I haven't seen that much fall that fast since I was in Chicago in the late 90s. We got most of that in about 4 hrs time.

Had we not gotten dry slotted, some of us in this part of the state would have flirted with 20".

SouthernerPride

16 inches fell just outside of Batesville. A buddy sent me a picture of 36 inch drifts on top of Hutchison Mnt.

True Believer

Its gonna be a long 12 weeks. 

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on December 28, 2012, 07:17:18 pm

Enjoy them TB - mosquitos will be back before you know it!

True Believer

That's ok.

It's snowing here again. 

In the heat at least I can get out and drive around.  I can drive on the snow but its much harder.  I have to go to work.  I don't get off when it snows. 

I hate the cold. 

At least its hotter more than its cold here.  Just a few more weeks. 

sevenof400

True Believer

LOL...Im trying.   But Im being grouchy about it.  :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on December 28, 2012, 07:17:18 pm

Unfortunately  :P  :).  It's just 17 degrees! :(

True Believer

I'm putting on snow gear and going out!   I have cabin fever so badly!!   

Going for a hike!

DogsWin7

Its Raining!  Its Cold!  Last weather for this year!  Kiss it Good-Bye!

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on December 30, 2012, 12:52:54 pm

Going for a hike!

Did you survive your expedition, TB?

fastdrop

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2012, 03:42:37 pm
Quote from: True Believer on December 30, 2012, 12:52:54 pm

Going for a hike!

Did you survive your expedition, TB?
Well to the mailbox and back is a long trek. I hope she is ok.

True Believer

Haha....yes I survivied the trip. 

It wasn't too cold but it's rainy and nasty outside right now.

True Believer

It's 19 degrees.  This is my cattitude.   Oh and did I mention my heater for some reason is not working in my car.

Great.

DogsWin7

Lol.......I love it!  Cattitude! ;D

At least the snow is almost gone!

DogsWin7

It's almost 44 degrees!  The sun is trying to shine.  Gotta get in the Christmas lights.

Thursday looks to be in the 60's I hope!!! :)

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 05, 2013, 08:47:57 am
It's almost 44 degrees!  The sun is trying to shine.  Gotta get in the Christmas lights.

I'll bet TB is down to just one coat today.....

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 05, 2013, 11:39:33 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 05, 2013, 08:47:57 am

I'll bet TB is down to just one coat today.....

I don't know but I just went outside a few minutes ago to try and take in my decorations and I have on a razorback thermal and a coat!  ;D.

Maybe she has snow gear ;D?

sevenof400

It's probably a pretty thick coat though...

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on January 03, 2013, 06:57:03 am

It's 19 degrees.  This is my cattitude.   Oh and did I mention my heater for some reason is not working in my car.

Great.
Try checking your anti freeze fluids. If they are low your heat will not work.

Breitontime

Got a nice round of golf in today.

Pair of slacks, and a short sleeve golf shirt did the trick. Hacker came off midway through the bucket on the range.

DogsWin7

I need to move or go on vacation.  I think I'm one of those people that has to have sunshine....Yea, that's me.   :)

Around 70 days till spring break, I hope its warm and sunny!

Valleysports

January 06, 2013, 07:31:13 am #489 Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:05:53 am by Valleysports
Should be taking at least 2000 iu of Vitamin D3 daily.  Edit: according to our medical people here in the Artic.  We're tested every 6 months to see where our levels of ________ (I forget) are at..  TB? 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on January 06, 2013, 07:31:13 am
Should be taking at least 2000 iu of Vitamin D daily.

Will that help?  I hope you are serious:).   I'll try it!

Valleysports

January 06, 2013, 07:55:07 am #491 Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:06:13 am by Valleysports
I'm very serious - it's the one vitamin I'm sold on.  I take fish oil & a multivitamin also, but that D doesn't just help mood and winter blues. 

Wife has a cousin who was using a walker and schedule for hip surgery on Monday.  On Thursday he ran into an old friend (Doc), at the Sizzler, who told Joe to come by the clinic in the morning and let me do some test.  After testing, he told him it does look bad - he prescribed like 6000 iu of Vit D3, twice a day.  Joe was very doubtful, but delaying surgery wasn't going to hurt.  3 weeks later he was back to walking normal.  3 months later he was back to his passion, water skiing, and you'd never know there had been a problem.  Joe is about 57.

DogsWin7

Thanks Valley!  I think I'm going to have my levels checked...seriously.  I don't take vitamins.

Just think,  if it helps my mood....all of you won't have to listen to me complain! ;D

Valleysports

D3 - Vitamin D3 - I forgot the 3, in the above post. 

http://www.pamelaegan.com/articles/vitamin-d3-2/

True Believer

Sitting here with a HOT bowl of tomato soup. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on January 06, 2013, 07:55:07 am
I'm very serious - it's the one vitamin I'm sold on.  I take fish oil & a multivitamin also, but that D doesn't just help mood and winter blues. 

Wife has a cousin who was using a walker and schedule for hip surgery on Monday.  On Thursday he ran into an old friend (Doc), at the Sizzler, who told Joe to come by the clinic in the morning and let me do some test.  After testing, he told him it does look bad - he prescribed like 6000 iu of Vit D3, twice a day.  Joe was very doubtful, but delaying surgery wasn't going to hurt.  3 weeks later he was back to walking normal.  3 months later he was back to his passion, water skiing, and you'd never know there had been a problem.  Joe is about 57.

Is that prescription only? I know next to nothing about Vitamins...but the way my knees bother me in this cold weather it's worth a shot lol

Valleysports

True Believer

January 08, 2013, 06:41:34 pm #497 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:43:51 pm by True Believer
Vitamins do not need a prescription unless you are trying very high doses.  B12 injections need a prescription.

Talk to a doctor.  That's the best way to find out IF you need the vitamins and how much.  IMO.   

DogsWin7

It's raining and 55 degrees where I am.....think I'll go back to bed.

Breitontime

This weather blows. I just want to play golf in the mornings before I get started working. Is that too much to ask?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas