• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on September 16, 2012, 10:24:12 am
Did I read that it could be 47 degrees here Tues or Wed morning?

Breaking out the electric blanket.

I kinda hope TB.

Well, It seems my hotness meter is running over today with a internal temp of 103! :-\  Gee, TP I didn't know you could send stuff over the internet? ;D  Since I am under the weather, and with all the rain, it seems it has brought lots of mosquito's to my house thus I have a few bites.  Valley do you think I should be worried ???  Yikes!!!  I don't feel so well..later.

Valleysports

I hear it's like flu syptoms, may take 2 weeks to mature.  On a positive note - it's 38 degs here right now.  My brain has switched over to Hot Chocolate, Burning Fireplace, & hunting.....  I scratched football off my list yesterday..  UA, ASU, ATU, Dallas, Patriots, even tried the Jets a few mins....   :'(

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 17, 2012, 08:27:19 am
I hear it's like flu syptoms, may take 2 weeks to mature.  On a positive note - it's 38 degs here right now.  My brain has switched over to Hot Chocolate, Burning Fireplace, & hunting.....  I scratched football off my list yesterday..  UA, ASU, ATU, Dallas, Patriots, even tried the Jets a few mins....   :'(

2 weeks!  Valley, I just got my fever to break about 30min ago!   I got my air cranked down cause I can't breathe 38 degs sounds good to me!

It's really humid here, drizzilng on and off all day.

Field goal kicker for the Patriots just missed it!   >:(

Texarkana_Piggie

it's 71 here.  overcast.  cool.  love love love this weather!

Valleysports

Good Lord - temps up to 63 here on the Bering Sea - fighting equipment temperatures.

hoghelmet14

There will be no more rain after this week on friday nights during football..... I ordered Paris Eagle Umbrellas to sell in my store.... it wont rain anymore!

DogsWin7

Good!

It's a little cooler this morning.  Feels great if I could just breathe.

True Believer

NEA Fair going on right now!  Perfect weather to eat that fried oreo.  :)

Texarkana_Piggie

four states fair and rodeo is going on right now.  the weather is perfect for it.  i hate going and usually don't, but the weather is perfect.  i hope it stays this nice for the ball games friday night.

True Believer

Lived down there for about 4 years and I never went to the four states fair and rodeo.

Been to the Mid South and the Arkansas State fair many times.  Been to the NEA's twice.

This weather always makes me think of fairs.  This weekend is suppose to be near perfect. 

Indiana Jones

it's in the 40s this morning
I love this weather.

HorseFeathers

47 degrees this morning....actually felt kinda cold when I walked outside this morning lol...

Valleysports

Pool Party at my house - weekend after next!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 19, 2012, 09:55:04 am
Pool Party at my house - weekend after next!

Yahoo!   Nothing like artic freeZe!  ;D  Unless it's heated ;)..........Love this FOOTBALL WEATHER!

Valleysports

September 19, 2012, 10:18:26 am #314 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:23:07 am by Valleysports
Just trying to get one more swim in before I close it up - my son likes it cold, probably way to cold already for me.  If you come to the party, I'll give you a truck load of Seasoned Firewood .  We really could have a NWA State Championship Party - both teams could stage at my house before heading on down to War Memorial OR I could grab a couple of the same refs and we could shoot it out on Techs New Field....

Besides I've designed something neat - heated Jock Strap.  I want to see how it works in cold water.  Pretty simple - I'm calling it the Shake and Bake.  I think you're going to want one of these..

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 19, 2012, 10:18:26 am
Just trying to get one more swim in before I close it up - my son likes it cold, probably way to cold already for me.  If you come to the party, I'll give you a truck load of Seasoned Firewood .  We really could have a NWA State Championship Party - both teams could stage at my house before heading on down to War Memorial OR I could grab a couple of the same refs and we could shoot it out on Techs New Field....

Sounds good!  I shut my pool down labor day. :'(  I love swimming, and anything outdoors.  Keep trying to teach my little one but he has a hard time being disabled.  I have locks everywhere!   Might hang on to that firewood Valley they say this Winter will be a record setter possibly.  But I understand wanting it out of the yard.   Donate it to Tech for a bonfire! ;D 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 19, 2012, 10:18:26 am

Besides I've designed something neat - heated Jock Strap.  I want to see how it works in cold water.  Pretty simple - I'm calling it the Shake and Bake.  I think you're going to want one of these..

You seriously giving away fire wood? Just wondering cause my parents would probably take it all of your hands if you are...lol

Valleysports

Kinda joking HF - but I do have plenty of wood.  Most is in 6 foot links, year old, I just cut up and split as the winter goes.  Some of it is huge Oak Logs.  Now I have a few more trees, laying out back, from the storm.  And on top of all that, I'm about to clear about an acre for a pond.  I'll holler at you, next thur, you can come take a look on the way home.  I know you could find a round bale in Hector.  Diehard, down trees around my yard are no big deal - I'll use them as deer hunting blinds.....  ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 19, 2012, 02:12:01 pm
Kinda joking HF - but I do have plenty of wood.  Most is in 6 foot links, year old, I just cut up and split as the winter goes.  Some of it is huge Oak Logs.  Now I have a few more trees, laying out back, from the storm.  And on top of all that, I'm about to clear about an acre for a pond.  I'll holler at you, next thur, you can come take a look on the way home.  I know you could find a round bale in Hector.  Diehard, down trees around my yard are no big deal - I'll use them as deer hunting blinds.....  ;)

did you get your feed plots done?  I know a little about that even as a girl! ;D  Love the clover.

Valleysports

Wife and son did!  Because it was so wet, Sunday they didn't even have to disk it up.  Just spread the seed and ran a roller over it.  My clover should be coming back perennial.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on September 19, 2012, 02:12:01 pm

Was figuring you was just joking, but I try to keep an eye for free/cheap firewood for my parents. My dad insists on having a wood stove and using it as his main heat source, even though he has gas and electric heat to. Not dissing would heat I have a wood stove in my house for back-up, it's kinda nice to just walk over and turn the thermostat up when I'm cold instead of messing with a wood stove lol

Round Bale? You meaning hay or am I just missing the point like I think I am..lol

And the deer hunting sounds like my parents back yard, if my mom would let dad shoot them......I've seen as many as eight at one time in their orchard, well within bow range of the back porch lol.

DogsWin7

This 90 degrees today seems HOT!   I am ready for easy 70's please.

Valley, What is it with little boys getting mad about not getting to spend the night with cousin's and go see greenwood play?  Man.......wonder where he get's that from?  ;D    At least he is feeling better! :)

Valleysports

HF - remind me after thurs....  cause I'll have sooo much going on - putting up Hay, working duck blinds (I'm going to need 4 feet of rain pretty soon), I need to stack firewood myself... I forget easily  ;)   Can't wait to see the fall weather - leaves turning color - roaring fire in my totally inefficient fire place.

DogsWin7

I'm ready to sit by the fireplace.     It's trying to rain here this morning.  Hope it doesn't rain FRIDAY!

DogsWin7

It's Raining surprise!!!!!    Just in time for Jr. high games tonight!    Maybe it will be over with---------today has been rough. :(

DogsWin7

October 01, 2012, 07:27:03 am #325 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:59:19 pm by DiehardFBfan

Valleysports

What direction are you in Diehard?  Oops that won't work will it?  What part of the state are you in?

DogsWin7

October 01, 2012, 12:46:54 pm #327 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:52:02 pm by DiehardFBfan

True Believer

I'm dragging out my long sleeves to wear under the scrubs.  My office is an icebox!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

i am loving this weather!  cool, rainy.  love it.  i think i'm part duck!

Valleysports

I'm gonna have to post a pic of my duck blind, it's so pretty you just want to cry.  Water is creeping back into the swamp, wet around the blind.  Decoys hanging trees walking in, boat leaning on Cypress Trees, it's a paradise.

DogsWin7

Rain in the forecast for FRIDAY AGAIN!!!!!!  :(   Seriously?   I hope it's light rainfall during the game. 

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on October 01, 2012, 06:40:50 pm
I'm gonna have to post a pic of my duck blind, it's so pretty you just want to cry.  Water is creeping back into the swamp, wet around the blind.  Decoys hanging trees walking in, boat leaning on Cypress Trees, it's a paradise.

Valley I can't believe you want to kill those poor little innocent ducks that just want to land in your area for a rest and a quick meal and a little Valley hospitality... that's not nice!

Valleysports

October 02, 2012, 09:51:16 pm #333 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:19:51 am by Valleysports
Valley Hospitality is right - I've have rice, millet, corn, a buffet layed out for these ducks. 

It's nice weather when you can drive, your truck, with your arm/elbow out the window..  Such a nice day!  :D

HF, have you noticed that blue Toyota Pick up, with canopy, at A-1 Tire? Keeps getting my attention - $14,000.

DogsWin7

October 03, 2012, 08:20:59 am #334 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:37:27 pm by DiehardFBfan

Temp is 57 here, I love it!   Can't wait to enjoy all the pretty fall colors.

Valleysports

It's turning winter tonight - I'm cold & wet from riding a tractor in the rain.  Unfortunately we're going to visit friends tonight, but I think tomorrow night deserves a fire in the fire place.  OH - I've got to get the wood in the dry!  ::)

Texarkana_Piggie

quack!  quack!  i love this weather!

Ridge Rat

Sleeting real light in Marshall right now.

Texarkana_Piggie

cold and cloudy today....high of 54.  love this!

True Believer

It's feels good outside right now.  Got my hoodie on. 

I didn't go to the Johnny Cash Remembrance last night but stayed home under the blanket and watched the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Braves.  It rained cats and dogs but there were tons of cars at the Convo last night.

Today I have been downtown to the Bar B Que festival.   Ran several errands.  I am now about to put on the stove some Irish Stew.  Popping some crusty french bread in the oven.  And probably settling down for the evening.  Unless someone convinces me to get back out to go see 38 Special tonight back at the Bar B Que Fest.  :)

We could smell the smoke from Main Street at our clinic yesterday and it smelled like heaven!!!!  Plus Blessed Sacrament was cooking bar b que too for their Fall Festival!

I had bar b que twice last week.  Can't get enough.  :)

OldScrap

Is it going to be a cold one?

True Believer

Freeze warning tonight for the northern part of Arkansaw.

Texarkana_Piggie

Sitting with my window open listening to the rain drizzle.  Cool air flowing in.  Love this.  Now if this stupid headache would go away. 

True Believer

Worried about you and those headaches!   Have you had your eyes checked?  Sinus infections?   

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on October 07, 2012, 08:23:46 pm
Worried about you and those headaches!   Have you had your eyes checked?  Sinus infections?   

Went to dr.  It is a muscle contraction headache. Can last up to 3 months.  Lovely.  I have fioricet, flexaril and directions.  Feels great as long as I am laying on a neck roll.  Hurts when I get up and move around. 

True Believer

Ouch!!   Well so about Christmas break???    Hope you get well very soon!!

DogsWin7

Get well soon TP!  That's bad.

It is currently 37 degrees, extremely foggy!!!!!  Can't see a thing outside.    Praying for Safe travel for all this morning.......

DogsWin7

Is rain predicted again for this Friday?

Had to move all my plants in :(. Too cold.

HorseFeathers

Was sprinkling here in the Hector area just a few minutes ago when I drove over to the parents....Weather man said earlier on the radio that the rain was supposed to leave and it be back up in the 80's this weekend, I'm personally hoping he's wrong, cause it's deer season and if it heats back up, dad probably won't kill any deer, and I won't get any deer meat lol...

Valleysports

HF, didn't work on the firewood, will next time. Plenty of deer in the yard - bring tag.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas