• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

our forecast through friday is 100s.  crazy.  i'm ready for highs in the 30s.  guess i need to move far, far north for that!

HorseFeathers

105 according to one of the banks here in russellville

DogsWin7

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 03, 2012, 10:08:56 am
our forecast through friday is 100s.  crazy.  i'm ready for highs in the 30s.  guess i need to move far, far north for that!

Yep!  Calling for around 70 degrees by Saturday here but have to sweat it out till then!  I hate dry hot humid air!!!

OldScrap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 04, 2012, 12:43:58 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 03, 2012, 10:08:56 am

Yep!  Calling for around 70 degrees by Saturday here but have to sweat it out till then!  I hate dry hot humid air!!!

And you live in Arkansas.

That's OK, in a bit over 65 years I haven't learned to love hot humid weather neither.

I saw 99º on mine.

Valleysports

You people should move to Alaska for 20 yrs, and live at 0 to -40 F for 4 months.  I love it HOT & HUMID!  ;D  As long as I can go in and out of air condition..

OldScrap

Quote from: Valleysports on September 04, 2012, 09:57:28 pm
You people should move to Alaska for 20 yrs, and live at 0 to -40 F for 4 months.  I love it HOT & HUMID!  ;D  As long as I can go in and out of air condition..

Perhaps the reason we don't love it, is we are spoiled by the A/C.

Alaska? No thank you, I'll stay at home.

Valleysports

You know it, even I remember time before AC...  ;D

True Believer

I will take hot temps over cold temps any day.

Just the way I am. I just didn'tget to go to the lake as much as I normally do this.

Worked way too much this summer!   Next year, hopefully that won't happen. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 04, 2012, 11:16:58 pm
You know it, even I remember time before AC...  ;D

starting to tell on yourself huh ??? ;D   I know all to well.........  I agree, I'll take hot and humid anyday over sub zero temps!  That is just to hard on the ole' arthur! (arthritis)

Forgot------Head Advisory Today!  Be careful.

sevenof400

...  I love it HOT & HUMID!  ;D  As long as I can go in and out of air condition..

You sir / or madam, are demented.  I slap you on general principles.

You people should move to Alaska for 20 yrs, and live at 0 to -40 F for 4 months.

Isn't that what heaven is like?   

Texarkana_Piggie

i would go to alaska.  i love it when it is cold.  the colder the better.  there are lots of ways to warm up but only so many things to cool off.  being hot and sweaty makes me miserable and grouchy.  being cold makes me feel great!

and btw valley.....i grew up in a house with 1 window unit and an attic fan right outside my bedroom door. 

sevenof400

TP,

You're talking my kind of talk there.....

Valleysports

I would stop off at Grandma's, on Franklin St - Tex side, on my way home from Tech to Tyler.  Would just walked around to the spare bedroom, pop the screen, and go to sleep to the sound of the Attic Fan.  She'd find me or one my cousins the next morning.  Scared the heck out of me to sleep next to that open window, as a kid, after watching 'The Legend of Boggie Creek'.  :-[

We loved Alaska, especially the first 5 yrs of snow, but it got old and the awesome summers just weren't long enough.  My mother-n-law's first visit (from AR) was in Jan, when my first born was born.  She stepped out the front door of the Anchorage Airport and collapsed when her breathe sucked out by -50 deg F air....  ;D 

DogsWin7

Gonna' be another hot one today folks! ::)     Grass has greened up though due to the little bit of rain we got because of the hurricane.. :)

AHM™

Quote from: Valleysports on September 02, 2012, 09:52:31 pm
Real sorry to hear that AHM!  What size Hangar was it?  I'd like to know what plane you replace it with also.  Money goes a lot further buying planes right now. 

It was a HUGE hangar it was the one they keep showing on the news that has the Air Tractor in it..There were 2 Air Tractors, a Cesna and our Piper Cherokee 140 in the hangar along with 2 boats, and 3 wings for an Air Tractor. Plus other miscellaneous parts and tools.
We are Piper people so we know that our next plane will be a Piper but not sure what kind.. We are looking at Archers, Arrows, and Warriors...Budget will be around $45,000 but we want a fresh annual on whatever we get.

Valleysports

Gonna fly in the morning, will check KRUE and keep my ears open... 

DogsWin7

It has been a beautiful hot day so far(guess it means heated showers tonight in time for the games).......safe travel Valley.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 07, 2012, 01:38:51 pm
It has been a beautiful hot day so far(guess it means heated showers tonight in time for the games).......safe travel Valley.

Should be getting cooler by now this 100 degree stuff is for the birds lol..

Indiana Jones

DogsWin7

yes I like that!

I am beginning to think i need to cancel this stupid Crazy Weather Thread because it is starting to interfer with my Friday games!!!!!! >:(

Valleysports

I backed out on the trip and I'm glad I did - I don't think it was a tornado, but we just got hammered.  Tree's are flying, shingles, my neighborhood is torn up..  And it didn't hit 5 miles either side of me.  It had to be 60 mph wind.  I'm going for a look about - it was wild. 

Valleysports

Well there it is on the news - winds in excess of 60 mph hit Valley's house.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 07, 2012, 07:23:51 pm
I backed out on the trip and I'm glad I did - I don't think it was a tornado, but we just got hammered.  Tree's are flying, shingles, my neighborhood is torn up..  And it didn't hit 5 miles either side of me.  It had to be 60 mph wind.  I'm going for a look about - it was wild.

Thats Bad!  Glad you and your family are ok.

Valleysports

Seems to have hit a 1/4 mile stretch here - neighbors are all good, but some big Oak Trees ripped out of ground.  Bet Zebra had something to do with this!  >:(

HorseFeathers

heard there was a funnel cloud spotted around morgan road last night.

Valleysports

That would be the one - I spent the day cutting up and hauling trees out of neighbors yards.  I lost a chain link fence, which a tree crushed. My neighbor's son lives on Morgan, said his garage doors were sucked inward.  Makes me think about people who get hit by tornadoes and what the real thing would be like...

HorseFeathers

better not to think about things like that. on a better note 46 degrees this morning was nice!

True Believer

Took my dogs on a long stroll this morning.  Drank my coffee outside!   BEAUTIFUL!   

The Chaos Agency

DogsWin7

oooooooookk I thought this was crazy weather thread NOT crazy weatherman ??? ;D

85 sun is setting, super nice..............55 in the morn but RAIN PREDICTED FOR GUESS WHEN? FRIDAY! :P

DogsWin7

Rain chances keep increasing for FRIDAY imagine that! :o     

Today however is very nice.  It's 60 degrees right now and it is Wonderful. 

Valleysports

September 11, 2012, 05:31:05 pm #283 Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:27:45 am by Valleysports
I thought it was Christmas Lights in the shape of a Longhorn.  :o

40 degrees here - 2:27 pm -  light snow/rain mixed - I'm not complaining, in the least bit, yet!  :D   Had to de-ice plane before flying in.

36 degrees this morn - 4:30 (honestly it is refreshing). 

Barter:  Does anyone have any Hey they would trade for Firewood?

DogsWin7

It's raining hard at my house.   Oh wonderful just in time for the game!!!!! Here we go again, what 3rd thursday and friday with rain! :P

HorseFeathers

i wish it was raining here lol 

Valleysports

Wife said it's pouring at the Clarksville Court House - HF.  I've got my webcam up at the house watching for the first drops....  ;)

OldScrap

Been misting rain here for the last few minutes.

Texarkana_Piggie

sprinkled a little here earlier.  can't decide whether to go to the game or not.  don't want to go sit in the rain.  i've been sick and that wouldn't be good to go get wet too.

DogsWin7

It's coming a Monsoon!!!!  Raining, Raining, and RAINING!!!  I am thinking this is the craziest start to football fridays nights in awhile!

Valleysports

I see rain through my camera in Russellville - Go Go Go!!!!!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 14, 2012, 05:29:59 pm
sprinkled a little here earlier.  can't decide whether to go to the game or not.  don't want to go sit in the rain.  i've been sick and that wouldn't be good to go get wet too.

Hope you get to feeling better TP!  Probably wouldn't be good to get wet.  Listen to it on the radio if you can.  I made hot chocolate anyway! :D

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on September 14, 2012, 06:09:19 pm
I see rain through my camera in Russellville - Go Go Go!!!!!!

Why do you have a camera up for to witness more rain or for deer hunting season or security purposes or all 3 ;D

Valleysports

And it's getting dark!  Wow it's pouring!  ;D

Well if you haven't noticed, my job can get a bit boring over 12-18 hr shifts...  ;D
Yes, I can watch the deer walking through the back yard - time patterns.  There is a feeder out there also.  During season, I'll start hunting from here (AK) at day break.  When a buck comes in, my son gets a awake up call.  My family thinks there are some drawbacks as well, like I can see the yard needs mowing, the pool is turning green, horses need watering....etc..  Tomorrow my wife & son are going to put in a food plot - if it isn't too wet.  I'll be watching through the eye in the sky.  A lot of pool parties, but daughter usually remembers to unplug it.  However it is wireless, so you never know where it just might show up. :) Like if we go on vacation - camera is watching driveway.  Occasionally when there are get-to-gethers, they'll bring the camera into the kitchen, so I'm right there.  Yesterday, I watched her nephew swim, while she was cooking.  But the #1 reason - I'm trying to catch Big Foot sneaking through our woods - I know he's been out there, just can't catch him.  OK - it's a toy!  8)

Valleysports

Hey - we've have webcams at the Tech Football Field - want to watch Henderson stomp us tomorrow?   :'(

DogsWin7

Have faith Valley!  I would like to see the band, Nothing like half-time entertainment. ;D

Valleysports

Well it finally turned dark on the camera - I turned around and I'm in a snow storm ha ha..  Got skype?  34 degs.

Texarkana_Piggie

our game is in lightning delay.  thundering and a real light show but no rain so far.  and i didn't go.  glad i stayed home.

DogsWin7

Since Thursday night I have gotten 3 1/2 inches of rain and got the last 2 inches since yesterday afternoon an still counting!  Good Rain.

True Believer

Did I read that it could be 47 degrees here Tues or Wed morning?

Breaking out the electric blanket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas