• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:38:06 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on August 28, 2012, 03:30:44 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:21:11 pm
Stupid Hurricane is trying to rain on my football games!!!!! >:(

I think folks are overeacting to the weather, maybe in south Arkansas it could be an issue but really!

I take it you are young, and if a game is rescheduled no big deal right?  Well, too us DiehardFBfans it is aggravating.  I have been counting down to kick off since last November!!!!!    ;D  I'm not to upset though ;) :) 

Hate the Hurricane really for all the people who have had to evacuate their homes and are worried about what can happen like a few years ago.   Football is Football.  It can be played anytime.  I keep it real.

Ha, I am way past young by any definition, and I have never heard of people having to evacuate their homes in Arkansas, just sayin..
The weather may be a problem on the coast but this is just gonna be some rain...

DogsWin7

August 28, 2012, 03:46:55 pm #201 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:48:28 pm by DiehardFBfan
Billyo62 count yourself lucky that you have yet to evacuate your home.  Cause trust me, in Arkansas it is flood plains!  You can't even buy flood insurance except through the Goverment in some areas.   I was more referring too Lousianna.

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:46:55 pm
Billyo62 count yourself lucky that you have yet to evacuate your home.  Cause trust me, in Arkansas it is flood plains!  You can't even buy flood insurance except through the Goverment in some areas.

My family got flooded one time in 1968 when I was little.  Learned a good lesson, don't live where the water can get you!

DogsWin7

Latest on Hurricane Isaac....                   Prayers to the people in New Orleans, Florida and to all the one's in the path of HurricaneIsaac.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/index.html

Sometimes you can take all the precautions in the world Billyo but acts of God has his own plans. ;)

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 28, 2012, 03:56:11 pm
Latest on Hurricane Isaac....                   Prayers to the people in New Orleans, Florida and to all the one's in the path of HurricaneIsaac.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/index.html

Sometimes you can take all the precautions in the world Billyo but acts of God has his own plans. ;)

Precaution is not living where hurricanes always hit, if it bothers you.
Yes I have compassion for the folks, but it's not like this is the first hurricane where they live ever!

Valleysports

We are in a drought, while borders states are in a catastrophic West Nile outbreak.
A Hurricane hitting New Orleans, means wonderful rain for us.
Never know what might turn out to be blessing.

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on August 28, 2012, 04:10:07 pm
We are in a drought, while borders states are in a catastrophic West Nile outbreak.
A Hurricane hitting New Orleans, means wonderful rain for us.
Never know what might turn out to be blessing.

I think it's going to kill our passing game on Friday!  ;)

Valleysports

That is something to be concerned about!  :)

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on August 28, 2012, 04:18:42 pm
That is something to be concerned about!  :)

For us here in Bentonville it sure is, we ain't boarding up our houses, just complaining about the potential wind and rain!

Valleysports

Everybody have your lawns mowed?  Let us know when it gets to South Arkansas?

LJ06

Quote from: Valleysports on August 30, 2012, 10:24:29 am

Its here.  Starting to hit Warren with 32 MPH winds and rain as we speak.

DogsWin7

Quote from: LJ06 on August 30, 2012, 10:39:56 am

Its here.  Starting to hit Warren with 32 MPH winds and rain as we speak.

I have no lawn to mow, it's dead!  Not where I am yet, but clouds are coming & breeze is starting...... To think I will be outside tonght!!! 

HorseFeathers

Your yard has grass??

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on August 30, 2012, 11:19:43 am

Your yard has grass??

he probably has astro turf! ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 30, 2012, 11:34:09 am
Quote from: HF on August 30, 2012, 11:19:43 am

Your yard has grass??

he probably has astro turf! ;D

Probably so..lol

DogsWin7

ENE wind gusts 39!!!!!  No rain yet, but looks like any minute.  Was without power for a little while, one way to get me to shut-up! :P

Billyo62

I'm old school, sunny here everything is perfect!  ;D

DogsWin7

I am so happy for you that I am farting Rainbows and Sunshine! ;D 

Texarkana_Piggie

started raining here about 11:15  been slow steady rain on and off since.  wind blowing like crazy.  nice.  it makes me want to nap, though.

Valleysports

Rain hit here about 3:00 pm - strong wind took quiet a few trees and limbs down - raining now.  Yes I have bermuda - earlier in the year I decided to keep it high so it wouldn't burn up.  I ended up running the 6' bushhog over it several times.  Even though it looks like the pasture, my wife really liked how easy it was.  Think we've started a new thing.  ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: Valleysports on August 30, 2012, 07:31:40 pm
Rain hit here about 3:00 pm - strong wind took quiet a few trees and limbs down - raining now.  Yes I have bermuda - earlier in the year I decided to keep it high so it wouldn't burn up.  I ended up running the 6' bushhog over it several times.  Even though it looks like the pasture, my wife really liked how easy it was.  Think we've started a new thing.  ;D

Valley: just a tad of advice, never use the word Bush Hog and wife in the same post!  ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 30, 2012, 07:40:29 pm

Valley: just a tad of advice, never use the word Bush Hog and wife in the same post!  ;)

lol.................... ;D   Just starting to rain, still windy.

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 30, 2012, 07:43:33 pm

When it starts raining here I'm going to UN-Rain dance the Gods...  we don't want Rain... until Saturday!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 30, 2012, 07:47:44 pm

When it starts raining here I'm going to UN-Rain dance the Gods...  we don't want Rain... until Saturday!

be sure and let me know how that works out for ya.......... ;)            Prayers to all the one's who are flooded.  Told ya' this was bad.

I really am not looking forward to this winter after what all has transpired this year. 

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 30, 2012, 07:52:08 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on August 30, 2012, 07:47:44 pm

be sure and let me know how that works out for ya.......... ;)            Prayers to all the one's who are flooded.  Told ya' this was bad.

I really am not looking forward to this winter after what all has transpired this year.

I tried it only one time.  It didn't do CHIT and poured down rain for three days... but I have reread the manual!  ::)

DogsWin7

Quit dancing up there!  It is starting to rain harder!   You are doing it on purpose aren't you? :P ;D

Have you seen all the poor people having to leave their homes, the levy's are breaking it's bad.  Think the ground will soak up all the rain so at least maybe the mosquitos won't have any where to go.  That west nile can just stay away too.

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 30, 2012, 08:17:54 pm
Quit dancing up there!  It is starting to rain harder!   You are doing it on purpose aren't you? :P ;D

Have you seen all the poor people having to leave their homes, the levy's are breaking it's bad.  Think the ground will soak up all the rain so at least maybe the mosquitos won't have any where to go.  That west nile can just stay away too.
I feel bad for the folks down south, but my waist size is so close to the size of the eye of this storm, I could just hold my arms out and spin against the wind and shut this puppy down!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 30, 2012, 08:22:59 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 30, 2012, 08:17:54 pm

I feel bad for the folks down south, but my waist size is so close to the size of the eye of this storm, I could just hold my arms out and spin against the wind and shut this puppy down!

Now that would be Crazy Weather!   ;D     It's past my bedtime, I need plenty of rest in order to stay up tomorrow night and see who wins all the football games!!!   Go Greenwood & Waldron, ok and Bentonville!

Texarkana_Piggie

I want a long cold winter.  As long as we don't miss too many days of school.

Billyo62

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 30, 2012, 08:39:27 pm

Picky, Picky teachers!  ;)

Valleysports

August 30, 2012, 09:32:30 pm #230 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:31:00 am by Valleysports

We're on top of that - I could tell you about it?  :)

Valleysports

Let rain, let it rain, let it rain!  Woo hoo  ;D

DogsWin7

August 31, 2012, 08:32:17 am #232 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:04:53 am by DiehardFBfan
yep!  but it really is a barley a rain here.  just a light gentle rain almost sprinkle.   Glad the wind has stopped.  It's just HUMID!!!

BLUE MOON!  IF YOU CAN SEE IT FOR THE RAIN TONIGHT!  NEXT ONE NOT TILL 2015.

DogsWin7

The Rain has STOPPED!  I repeat,  the RAIN HAS STOPPED!!!!   Good job Billyo!

Billyo62

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 31, 2012, 11:48:52 am

I must have misdirected the dance because it's raining here  >:(  Not heavy though

DogsWin7

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 31, 2012, 11:51:37 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 31, 2012, 11:48:52 am

I must have misdirected the dance because it's raining here  >:(  Not heavy though

;D that's what you get when you mess with a Diehardfbfan! lol......... ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

rain has stopped here too.  now it is just extremely humid and muggy outside.

True Believer

Ok.  So we had rain.  Lots of it today.  And now I am having the invasion of the little tree frogs.  They are all over my front door near the outside light.  My cats are going crazy....lol. 

DogsWin7

beautiful day today except for some wind!   

True Believer

Well goodness!!   Had a tornado warning right before the Arkansas game.  One touched down in Corning!   

Still had my wings though.  And watched the game. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 30, 2012, 08:41:23 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on August 30, 2012, 08:39:27 pm

Picky, Picky teachers!  ;)

yes i am picky!  and spoiled....my sister in law will tell you that!

Texarkana_Piggie

it is hot again now and so very humid.  the air is so thick you can feel it when you go outside.  just nasty out there.

AHM™

Our Hangar at the Corning airport got destroyed yesterday by a tornado. Our airplane is totaled and has an I-beam laying across it :(

HorseFeathers

....and now it's back to being 95 degrees here in russellville..ready for fall to get here..

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on September 02, 2012, 03:28:54 pm
....and now it's back to being 95 degrees here in russellville..ready for fall to get here..

......and how!  High for tomorrow is 104!!!!   :P 

True Believer

Quote from: AHM™ on September 02, 2012, 02:15:51 pm
Our Hangar at the Corning airport got destroyed yesterday by a tornado. Our airplane is totaled and has an I-beam laying across it :(

I saw that on facebook and the picture of the tornado too.   We had one warning.   I was like what the heck???   It was a nice day, cooking, getting ready to watch football and the next thing I know, we have a tornado coming at us. 

So sorry about Corning???   Hope everyone is OK!

AHM™

Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 04:32:53 pm

I saw that on facebook and the picture of the tornado too.   We had one warning.   I was like what the heck???   It was a nice day, cooking, getting ready to watch football and the next thing I know, we have a tornado coming at us. 

There were actually 2 tornadoes touch down in Corning with how the paths were that we saw. The  NWS say otherwise though...Everyone is OK in Corning It only hit the airport(thankfully no one was working in the hangars that day) and maybe 2-3 homes that were next to and across the highway from the airport..
The hardest part is waiting since it's a holiday weekend, we can't call insurance or workers to come out and start moving metal until Tuesday!!!
I also had a friends Auto Body and Used Car Lot in Paragould get hit by a touch n go tornado...

Valleysports

Real sorry to hear that AHM!  What size Hangar was it?  I'd like to know what plane you replace it with also.  Money goes a lot further buying planes right now. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: AHM™ on September 02, 2012, 09:40:50 pm
Quote from: True Believer on September 02, 2012, 04:32:53 pm

There were actually 2 tornadoes touch down in Corning with how the paths were that we saw. The  NWS say otherwise though...Everyone is OK in Corning It only hit the airport(thankfully no one was working in the hangars that day) and maybe 2-3 homes that were next to and across the highway from the airport..
The hardest part is waiting since it's a holiday weekend, we can't call insurance or workers to come out and start moving metal until Tuesday!!!
I also had a friends Auto Body and Used Car Lot in Paragould get hit by a touch n go tornado...

That's bad.  Sorry to hear that. I HATE TORNADOS!  It's frustrating when you are off work and could get things done and can't because everything is closed.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Weather now at 8:02 am is 76 degrees should warm-up nicely to 103 :P!!!!!!!!! To HOT!  Pool done shut down.... :'(

True Believer

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day.  Fall weather should be around the corner now!

I didn't get to go to the lake as much as we wanted to go.  I was working all the blessed time but hopefully this fall it will be good hiking weather.

It's going to be a HOT one here today too Diehard!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas