• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redwolf143

had pea to nickle sized hail for about an last night.

True Believer

Storms!!

Means rain.  Thank goodness!

DogsWin7

My garden just went ahhhhhhhhh :) 

True Believer

Lord.   I asked for rain.  Not straight line winds.

Trees and buildings blown down between Jonesboro and Paragould.   

True Believer

Well I have to say for today being the 13th of June, it was absolutely perfect temp wise!   Really nice outside tonight until the city mosquito truck decided to come by and spray.  That just stirred the little buggers up.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on June 13, 2012, 09:45:33 pm
Well I have to say for today being the 13th of June, it was absolutely perfect temp wise!   Really nice outside tonight until the city mosquito truck decided to come by and spray.  That just stirred the little buggers up.

Hasn't this been a weird year weather wise, TB?

Hot in March, temperate in April.
Hot in May, temperate in June.

All in all, not too bad weather wise this year to date. 

True Believer

It's been pretty fine so far!   I think it's suppose to hit 90 here today!    Still better than last year.  2011 was a doozy for weather!

DogsWin7

sevenof400

One aspect that has made this year a little more tolerable has been the (almost continuous) presence of a breezy - even on the hottest days. 

Has anyone read or heard of an explanation on why we are getting more breeze this year?

El Niño?  La Niña? or some other explanation?

Whatever it is, I for one am happy to have the breeze and hope it continues..it is making things much more tolerable.

True Believer

The mosquitoes are out in full force! 

Rice Pig must have flooded his fields!

DogsWin7

June 23, 2012, 06:18:37 pm #110 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:00:34 pm by DiehardFBfan
....not sure on rice pig TB but Tropical Storm Debby on the move off the gulf. Some of Louisiana also in warned areas.  It's just way to hot to early imho!
Debby makes four named Atlantic storms before July 1 -- the first time that's happened since record-keeping began in 1851.

True Believer

Well I'm watering my lawn.  Which ticks me off.  It needs to rain here!!!  Just a little.

Indiana Jones

Not the kind of crazy weather I like, 103
Even with the AC running it's still 81 in the house

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on June 22, 2012, 07:34:12 pm
The mosquitoes are out in full force! 

Rice Pig must have flooded his fields!

These aren't my mosquitos, they affect another county. Well, a few could survive the 66° temp in the vehicle on the drive back.

Billyo62

Quote from: Indiana Jones on June 25, 2012, 05:32:21 pm

Quit griping, mine went down today  and it's 89 in the house...  Wife is mad at me...what did I do..  GEEZ!

ricepig

Quote from: Billyo62 on June 25, 2012, 06:05:03 pm

Quit griping, mine went down today  and it's 89 in the house...  Wife is mad at me...what did I do..  GEEZ!

How's the wifi at the ALoft?

Billyo62

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2012, 06:09:51 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on June 25, 2012, 06:05:03 pm

How's the wifi at the ALoft?

Im sure it's good I may go swimming and head that way in a little while, and that's no joke.

Texarkana_Piggie

Hurricane turned and is heading away  from us.  turned out to be a beautiful sunny day.  Got a tad burnt down there today. 

True Believer

Texarkana_Piggie

According to the paper, Texarkana set a record Monday at 107 degrees.  The record was 104 set in 1933.  High in Santa rosa today was about 85.

Brian G

June 29, 2012, 12:43:24 pm #120 Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:10:25 pm by B.G.
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 28, 2012, 11:42:45 pm
According to the paper, Texarkana set a record Monday at 107 degrees.  The record was 104 set in 1933.  High in Santa rosa today was about 85.
Were you teaching then?

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: B.G. on June 29, 2012, 12:43:24 pm
Were you teaching then?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.  No.

Brian G

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 29, 2012, 07:02:12 pm
Were you teaching then?

I was going to suggest a triple "T drop".

Busman

It makes us do stupid stuff:

"A woman who allegedly left the scene of a minor traffic crash in Van Buren told police she did it because she didn't want her ice cream to melt.

Van Buren police say a vehicle was stopped in the westbound lane of Arkansas Highway 59 at about 6 p.m. Sunday when it was reportedly rear-ended by a vehicle driven by (female).

Police say (she) kept going, so the other driver called police and followed her home.

Fort Smith television station KHBS reports (she) told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping. She also said she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
(She) was cited for following too closely and leaving the scene of an accident.

No listed number for (her) could be located."

DogsWin7

nothing comes between a woman and her ice cream!  ;D jk.

Everyone have a safe and fun 4th of July!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: B.G. on June 29, 2012, 07:07:48 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 29, 2012, 07:02:12 pm
Were you teaching then?

I was going to suggest a triple "T drop".

3 more years and i can retire.  just finished my 25th.  this was the hardest group of kids i've dealt with in all 25 of those years.

True Believer

I heard thunder this morning.  But it rained north of here.

If one person lights a firework in this neighborhood, I'm turning the water hose on them. 

Go watch the professionals do it this year.  Don't be stupid.

Brian G

One side bar to the drought:  fewer fingers lost due to fools and their firework immaturity.

Breitontime

Yes B.G., but more houses burned due to their stupidity.

sevenof400

For mid-July day, that was pretty nice!

DogsWin7

Thank you for the rain!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

spent the past two days at friends' pools.  and surprisingly it was very nice out.  breezy, cool, even when not in the water.  unusual for this time of year!  going to colorado next week.  hopefully it will be cooler out there too.

True Believer

Still hot here.  Had hardly any rain. 

Lake is still there though.  And the Spring River when the crazy college kids aren't there.  Which is seldom.  But it's a constant 58 degrees and is a great way to cool off.

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on July 19, 2012, 06:58:27 am
Still hot here.  Had hardly any rain. 

Lake is still there though.  And the Spring River when the crazy college kids aren't there.  Which is seldom.  But it's a constant 58 degrees and is a great way to cool off.

Hot here too, all the pond's and creeks are either all completely dryed up or almost.  Poor livestock.  Got some rain last wk, but it didn't seem to be enough.

Texarkana_Piggie

It's been pleasant so far in Colorado.  I am just out of Denver so not up in the mountains.  It been mid 80s so far but the humidity is down around 15% so you don't automatically sweat when you step outside like back home.

True Believer

Stayed at the pool all day today.  Nice breeze.  Still hot but the water wasn't too bad. 

Came home and opened up the Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie ice cream.

Need rain badly. 

DogsWin7

Anybody got any GRASS-HOPPERS!!!!!  ???  They are everywhere!

50% chance of rain tommorrow!  Please  :'(

Texarkana_Piggie

On the way back to Arkansas from Colorado.  Stopped in salina Kansas for the night.  It is 110 here.  15 mph winds and 15% humidity.  No sweat just takes your breath.

True Believer

I guess I'm getting use to the heat.  It feels good outside right now.  There a hot breeze blowing. 

The dogs and I went for a short walk.  Very short. 

True Believer

Rain, Rain!!!   Sweet beautiful RAIN!   I turned my face towards the heavens and gave thanks!

It felt so sweet.  :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on July 26, 2012, 09:20:15 pm
Rain, Rain!!!   Sweet beautiful RAIN!   I turned my face towards the heavens and gave thanks!

It felt so sweet.  :)

+1  me too.

sevenof400

I...am...sick...of...the...heat.

Bring me some winter!

Texarkana_Piggie

Rain was wonderful today!  Slept like a baby!

OldScrap

100.8º today is not wonderful, that one inch of rain we got west of Nashville will be dried up very quickly.

True Believer

Pool time again today.  Too hot not to be in some water.

DogsWin7

It's so hot i can spit fire and save the matches! 

OldScrap

Even hotter tomorrow.

DogsWin7

August will have 2 full moons.  one on August 1, the second on August 31.  The second full moon is called the "blue moon".  just a little info in case some didn't know.   8)

Singing the blue's in august?  not sure, singing about the moon.  The weather has been a whopper! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OldScrap on July 28, 2012, 03:32:50 pm
100.8º today is not wonderful, that one inch of rain we got west of Nashville will be dried up very quickly.

It's been 5-10 degrees over that in Actual temperatures everyday in Pope county...108 predicted today..was 102 bout an hour ago. 106 tomorrow and 104 wednesday...tired of it.

Headed out to west texas this weekend, and the predicted highs are in the mid-90s...might have to take a jacket after the last couple of weeks of 100+ lol

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2012, 08:15:02 am
August will have 2 full moons.  one on August 1, the second on August 31.  The second full moon is called the "blue moon".  just a little info in case some didn't know.   8)

Singing the blue's in august?  not sure, singing about the moon.  The weather has been a whopper! 

My fil once had a girlfriend he called two moons because she she thought that meant there were literally going to be two moons in the sky at the same time.  Smh. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas