• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky @ Arkansas

Started by Pokey03, January 21, 2016, 11:09:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokey03

Been playing well as of late, BWA will be packed and loud. I like are chances Kentucky hasn't looked as great the last few weeks. "Depending on which hog team shows up".

Jacketman65

With the game being played in BW, I'm sure Kentucky will play their best game of the year!  However, I hope not.

BrianfromCarlisle

If Bell and Hannahs are both on, then Hogs may very well win this going away.  Kingsley could have a huge game if those 2 are on.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea if they are on and we play good as a team we can win

Pokey03

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 21, 2016, 11:29:35 am
If Bell and Hannahs are both on, then Hogs may very well win this going away.  Kingsley could have a huge game if those 2 are on.
True, but we can't live on the three point line the whole game, it's gonna take total team effort

BrianfromCarlisle

I agree. But if they are hitting shots, then that means Kingsley will have better looks inside. And Beard has to drive and get fouled. But he has to MAKE his free throws.

Pokey03

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 21, 2016, 03:34:49 pm
I agree. But if they are hitting shots, then that means Kingsley will have better looks inside. And Beard has to drive and get fouled. But he has to MAKE his free throws.
+1

WPWells

Pokey03

Pokey03

Too many second chances for KEntucky

Lumberjackfan1978

Hogs got to regroup at halftime

Pokey03

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 21, 2016, 06:55:38 pm
Hogs got to regroup at halftime
Poor performance tonight, just glad Kentucky playing bad also or this could be worse

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea it's starting to get worse now

Coach Venny Slocombe

We don't have a player on the floor as good as their #10 player...hard to beat a team with that kinda talent...

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea it is,their talent is showing tonight

AirWarren

Romeo

Overall, just not very good effort tonight. Kentucky didn't play excellent, but had more effort and a sense of urgency. I expected a lot of high energy and a great crowd atmosphere tonight. I didn't get neither.

AirWarren

Poor effort. Lack of talent.

Just look at #1 for Arkansas. Then look who he is guarding wearing #35 for Kentucky.

#1 wouldn't for Arkansas wouldn't even be starting on any other team.

There lies your mediocre record.

AirWarren

Nothing else you can say regarding this game other than....absolute garbage play as a team.

Pokey03

Final

Kentucky-80
Arkansas-66

I thought we were turning the corner, kinda had a relapse tonight.

zebradynasty

I think the officiating hurt the hogs more than KY. Not saying the hogs were cheated just that if a game is called where touch fouls 25 ft from the basket are called regularly but mugging and over the back fouls inside are not....very difficult for a team like Arkansas to win. Personally...I was not that impressed with KY.

WPWells

Kentucky played well. We didn't. It happens

BrianfromCarlisle

Dusty Hannahs was the only one that seemed to give any effort.

Jacketman65

Simply put - We Need Better Players!  MA  better get busy or be gone.

mack

Effort and hustle was there.  I don't know what game some of you all were watching.  That's something they give us give every night.  Too many times the on ball defender let his man penetrate , drawing help and getting no 3 and 4 help/ box out  rotation.  You don't block out effectively when that happens.  I have to agree with you guys on the fact not one of our players would crack their starting rotation.

mack

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 21, 2016, 11:51:30 pm

He gets players,  some just left early. Had Portis and Qualls stayed, you wouldn't be saying that.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 22, 2016, 07:49:33 am
Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 21, 2016, 11:51:30 pm

He gets players,  some just left early. Had Portis and Qualls stayed, you wouldn't be saying that.

And we have some coming in next year, or their *'s say they are potentially good. I have no doubt that MA didn't expect both Qualls and Portis to leave, I do blame him for not keeping on recruiting and signing guys. We had to take reaches late, and put Manny on scholarship, we never put Kiko on scholarship to my knowledge.

WPWells

Kikko wasn't eligible for an athletic scholarship because he received a full academic scholarship

bdubyab60

Didnt shoot well at all last night. Hit 3 of whatever from the 3 point line and thats the way we had been winning games. To many second chance points as well.

AirWarren

Portis did the right thing. He is actually contributing. And he had bulked up.

That qualls situation. Bad move.

ricepig

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 22, 2016, 09:44:14 am
Kikko wasn't eligible for an athletic scholarship because he received a full academic scholarship

Sure he was, he could have turned down the academic scholarship and be put on an athletic scholarship. The point is his Manny's Dad makes in excess of $350,000 a year, I think for the good of the program he could shell out the cash if it had meant to keep recruiting in 2014.

WPWells

So you would turn down getting your school paid for (including a stipend) just to get your school paid for in a different way (with no stipend)?

ricepig

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 22, 2016, 10:32:39 am
So you would turn down getting your school paid for (including a stipend) just to get your school paid for in a different way (with no stipend)?

Of course not, the point is they had scholarships available to keep recruiting this past year, you do agree with that?

WPWells

WPWells

However, I don't believe that the two situations are a direct comparison since Kikko was on a full academic scholarship and Manny wasn't

Ctucker

Took awhile but it looks like Razorbacks figured out how to lose to Georgia.

BrianfromCarlisle

Hogs are going to be a great team next year once the jucos get there. That bench is just not good. Free throws killed them. I'm amazed Kingsley was at 74% going into tonight. He seems to want to get it over with. And leans back shooting.

bdubyab60

We always play terrible against Georgia. It's always fairly close and seems we usually blow it it some way in the end.

Lions84

Bad Zebras and poor shooting.

Ctucker

I agree with bad shooting but I don't see were refs had anything to do with us not even being to get ball inbounds.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2016, 11:12:19 am
Quote from: Fred Bird on January 22, 2016, 10:32:39 am

Of course not, the point is they had scholarships available to keep recruiting this past year, you do agree with that?

Yes, we could've signed another Doobie Jenkins...

Valleysports

See ya at the game tonight ricepig?   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 27, 2016, 06:25:35 am
See ya at the game tonight ricepig?   ;)

Nope, not tonight. I take it you're going?

Valleysports

Lions84

Quote from: Ctucker on January 25, 2016, 03:34:34 pm
I agree with bad shooting but I don't see were refs had anything to do with us not even being to get ball inbounds.

They got our Big man on the bench in foul trouble early.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 27, 2016, 10:17:51 am
Socializing  :)

I knew you were a closet Aggie........not that there's anything wrong with that.  ;D There's a group of 4-6 that flies up for just about every game, I go about 3-4 a year at most.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2016, 12:40:38 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on January 27, 2016, 10:17:51 am
Socializing  :)

I knew you were a closet Aggie........not that there's anything wrong with that.  ;D There's a group of 4-6 that flies up for just about every game, I go about 3-4 a year at most.

Haha just sat down and saw it's the Aggies. They said we were playing one of the better teams on the way up here - i had no idea. First time ever typing a post from phone. Okay I'm having fun.

Valleysports

I just got a free shirt - whoo pig sooeee

Valleysports

January 27, 2016, 07:49:24 pm #48 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:51:18 pm by Valleysports
I think I picked the right game to come too   :)  Two minutes everyone on their feet.

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas