• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Score thread(FRIDAY & THURSDAY)

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2016, 10:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

riccoar

RedWolf275

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Congratulations to the Bay YellowJackets for advancing to the State Finals!

riccoar

Bay 82
Guy 69  Final

Don't think anybody would have believed a score that high would have Guy on the losing end.  Will be interested to hear the breakdown of this game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on March 05, 2016, 09:02:11 pm
Bay 82
Guy 69  Final

Don't think anybody would have believed a score that high would have Guy on the losing end.  Will be interested to hear the breakdown of this game.

What little I could find on twitter, sounds like it was back and forth most of the game, with Bay pulling away at the very end...

21-4-3

Someone needs to ask that kid from GP how good they are now.

BeastieBoy13

Guys street ball didn't work when the game got close.. Bay was just too fundamental and I think Bay only turned it over once or twice. Bay was just too good for Guys street ball.

StateChamps09

Anyone who was at the game know it was 5-8... it was pretty obvious

PuddlePirate12

Thechosen1

Wow what a game! Hats off to GP on a great year. Bay was just too much and like I said fundamentally better and that's what won the game. No disrespect to GP but 39-1 sounds a lot better than 40-0. Coach Brannen had a great gameplan and we executed it very well. Both teams played their butts off.

ErnestTBass

5-8 what do you mean??  Guy played 5 players most of the game and Bay played 8. Oh wait I get it now! Guy needs a deeper bench and we all know that is very likely to happen over the summer and into next fall

Thechosen1

March 05, 2016, 09:34:10 pm #217 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:36:53 pm by Thechosen1
The final score didn't show justice on how close the game really was.

PuddlePirate12

Bay out played GP. GP has more talent I would say. But Bay simply out worked them.

Thechosen1

I'll take more heart over more talent any day.

RazorbackFan33

Bay played a great game tonight. GP didn't know what to do other than shoot 3's. Great season for them tho. So proud of how Bay played and can't wait to watch them play in Hot Springs.

Thechosen1

Man fearless is dead again... Come on guys I know y'all are shocked but dang lol

Basketball4life10

As mentioned above, it was back and forth all day. A lot of bad shots and missed opportunities or Guy. This is actually the first time I've watched them live all year, but they were a good team. However, Bay looked SOLID tonight. Finished the game out very well and deserved the win

BeastieBoy13

Best part of the game was when both the big boys flopped.. I think the gym floor almost caved in

Thechosen1

Quote from: Basketball4life10 on March 05, 2016, 10:01:46 pm
As mentioned above, it was back and forth all day. A lot of bad shots and missed opportunities or Guy. This is actually the first time I've watched them live all year, but they were a good team. However, Bay looked SOLID tonight. Finished the game out very well and deserved the win
Don't think guy has ever been put in that position and they were rattled and took a lot of bad shots. Bay played solid defensively. The way guy plays is very affective and also very deadly at times. Tonight it was deadly

PuddlePirate12

GP will be the team to beat next year I think. They'll miss 23 but they still got some players.

WhatsUrRingSize

March 05, 2016, 10:52:34 pm #226 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:54:34 pm by WhatsUrRingSize
Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 05, 2016, 09:12:14 pm
[/quote/ R u kidding me. That cupcake schedule cost yall a state championship bc yall havnt been tested and Bay played a brutal schedule and was prepared. Now saying that Guy is the real deal Bay played really good and found a way to win at the end.

Thechosen1

The calls were pretty even and if anything guy got better calls. Lol anyways tell your little bro #23 he's a good player, but not as good as he thinks he is. But best of luck to the kid wherever he goes

StateChamps09

The calls weren't anywhere near even.. but ok. And hes good. Haha but thanks for the compliment I guess. See you all next year, and good luck to everyone playing next week. Would love to see nemo pull of the 3 peat. Good luck to bay and emerson!

Thechosen1

Man calls were pretty fair. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but it's life bay was the better team tonight

NEArkie

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 05, 2016, 09:12:14 pm
Seriously..lol ..you are going to use that excuse for your loss...... Oh yeah that's right, this is the first time you used it this year... ::) I guess I'll let you.. ;D ;D

@CurryLegion

I thought it was a well called game. Guy Perkins got very physical towards the end of the game, and Bay did a good job of drawing a lot of fouls. Bay is a great team, and Guy is a great team. Congratulations to both, and good luck to Bay in the finals. Well coached, and very talented.

J.D.

Silky Johnson

Lol Brannen is now to be referred to as a basketball God. Hutchcraft is 0-2 against him in the semis, I promise you they would trade the one win they got in October over Bay for the W tonight. Same court, different game bay just stuck to their game plan and guns. It wasn't perfect but it's about the final result. Also statechamps09 I couldn't really understand what you said for your foot in your mouth. Are you trying to say 39-1?

Boomer1

March 06, 2016, 02:15:02 am #234 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:31:02 am by Boomer1
Bay shocked the world tonight.(Just like what Diaz did tonight against McGregor lol) Everyone counted them out of this game due to their loss to Guy earlier in the year. Bay obviously had this game on their minds the whole season and when they got the opportunity they attacked. Overall they're just the better team. Excited to see what they will have in store in the finals at Hot Springs!

Silky Johnson

Boomer you made a good point. It was Nate Diaz choking out Mcgregor though lol

PuddlePirate12

I personally didn't count Bay out lol I expected them to play with revenge on their minds and get it done.

BasketballFan8680

Does anyone have any information on the county line vs emerson game ? I really want to know what happened...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on March 06, 2016, 09:17:14 am
Does anyone have any information on the county line vs emerson game ? I really want to know what happened...
Early fould trouble in a what seemed to me from the girls game before, were just "hustle, let them play ball" type plays but really touchy calls and that limited Emersons first half. Seemed to just play ball in the second half and got it done. County line is a hard playing team and Emerson just kept pushing

@CurryLegion

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on March 06, 2016, 09:17:14 am
what do you want to know?

BasketballFan8680

Who had the best game ? & was it a good game all the way ?

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 05, 2016, 04:52:06 pm
The refs have not been very good this tournament IMO. Tons of fouls called that were not necessary and hard fouls and walks that aren't called. Then one ref misses a call and another feels like he needs to make up for it. The two games today were bad. And one of the girls games yesterday they were in the double bonus half way through the 2nd quarter. There's nothing that can be done about it but it has played a large factor in the tournament

Was it that bad? The reason I am asking is because of reports that I have on my plate regarding the County Line vs Emmerson game. THREE neutral parties stated that Emmerson greatly benefited from the officiating in the third and fourth quarters when it appeared that their streak might be ended by County Line. [Not a direct quote] Also, fraternizing between players and officials was a concern that has been mentioned.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on March 07, 2016, 08:51:06 am
Was it that bad? The reason I am asking is because of reports that I have on my plate regarding the County Line vs Emmerson game. THREE neutral parties stated that Emmerson greatly benefited from the officiating in the third and fourth quarters when it appeared that their streak might be ended by County Line. [Not a direct quote] Also, fraternizing between players and officials was a concern that has been mentioned.
Emersons second best player and point gaurd, had 3 fouls in 1 minutes 26 seconds
A touch call was maybe a foul. But the next two were horrendous, the kid from county line loses the ball, and he grabs it and they called a foul on him saying he shoved. Yet he was a foot from the kid with his arms extended. Then a charge call which was about the worst charge call of the state tourney, he slid from the block, to the other block, and the other player had ahold of his arm and even ripped it down, he made the shot. A very easy and 1 and it becomes an offensive foul. The second half had the same mistakes. Just didn't benifit county line like it did in the first half.

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 07, 2016, 09:56:52 am
Emersons second best player and point gaurd, had 3 fouls in 1 minutes 26 seconds
A touch call was maybe a foul. But the next two were horrendous, the kid from county line loses the ball, and he grabs it and they called a foul on him saying he shoved. Yet he was a foot from the kid with his arms extended. Then a charge call which was about the worst charge call of the state tourney, he slid from the block, to the other block, and the other player had ahold of his arm and even ripped it down, he made the shot. A very easy and 1 and it becomes an offensive foul. The second half had the same mistakes. Just didn't benifit county line like it did in the first half.
So it was touchy and possibly atrocious both ways? Well, that's better to hear than just one-sided. Thanks for your feedback. +1 for your reply. :)

BannerChaser95

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on March 07, 2016, 10:00:54 am
So it was touchy and possibly atrocious both ways? Well, that's better to hear than just one-sided. Thanks for your feedback. +1 for your reply. :)
yeah, if county line sent in stuff for the referees. I'd personally do one to say it was the other way in the first half. Because to me it was!

PuddlePirate12

As far as fraternizing between players and refs.. The bald guy spoke/laughed with players from both teams. And yeah I guess you can say Emerson benefited from the calling in the 3rd and 4th quarters. The refs had a change of heart and didn't try to give jeff his 4th and 5th fouls 2 minutes into the half. 3 CL players fouled out. But 21 should've been in the same situation as Jeff in the first quarter with over the backs. And ever charge CL tries to take they're falling back before the contact. Any half decent ref is gonna call that a block. The refs were horrendous the entire tournament IMO. I know supposedly down south they let teams get away with a lot more but idk how many times teams were in the double bonus both halves. I mean if they really wan to call fouls there is some sort of foul on 75% of the plays

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 07, 2016, 12:39:36 pm
As far as fraternizing between players and refs.. The bald guy spoke/laughed with players from both teams. And yeah I guess you can say Emerson benefited from the calling in the 3rd and 4th quarters. The refs had a change of heart and didn't try to give jeff his 4th and 5th fouls 2 minutes into the half. 3 CL players fouled out. But 21 should've been in the same situation as Jeff in the first quarter with over the backs. And ever charge CL tries to take they're falling back before the contact. Any half decent ref is gonna call that a block. The refs were horrendous the entire tournament IMO. I know supposedly down south they let teams get away with a lot more but idk how many times teams were in the double bonus both halves. I mean if they really wan to call fouls there is some sort of foul on 75% of the plays

Id say that half of charge calls involve a flop...probably half of shots from outside the lane area probably do to

PuddlePirate12

When 6'5 Tyrus Grayson from JC gets "slammed" to the floor when 5'10 Jeff Jefferson posts him up.. Yeah that's a flop. Lol I'd personally rather have the refs let them play. Nobody pays $5-8 to watch a FT shooting contest

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas