• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roll call

Started by HorseFeathers, February 29, 2016, 11:46:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Alright who's making the terrible trip to ICC this week?

Moonshiner

Moonshiner will be there

J.D.

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 11:46:38 am
Alright who's making the terrible trip to ICC this week?

*raises hand

Batman44

PuddlePirate12

ballmember

Ballmember is making the wonderful/beautiful drive to the north side of Brockwell, Arkansas  !!!

HF ,   i know you will want to go everyday and not miss a game.    Everyone better take their chairbacks. 

eoutlaw

Have Dramamine, will travel!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on February 29, 2016, 01:02:42 pm
Ballmember is making the wonderful/beautiful drive to the north side of Brockwell, Arkansas  !!!

HF ,   i know you will want to go everyday and not miss a game.    Everyone better take their chairbacks. 

I would be there every day if I could, but sadly I'll only be making it up for friday, and maybe the night games saturday

BlackMamba

Chicky

Thursday and Friday.  Thanks for the heads up on bringing the stadium seats. 

Oxford Cat

Will be there all week.  It will be a great atmosphere for high school basketball.  The Cougar Den will be rocking!

ballmember

Happy for schools that have new gyms,  however  atmosphere is not in most of them. even with a big crowd in some you can nearly take a nap while game is going on.   No slam,  i just really miss the old gyms.  Will be atmosphere at ICC.     

HorseFeathers

Please tell me this isn't ICC's gym?

HorseFeathers

February 29, 2016, 08:51:12 pm #13 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:53:16 pm by HF

....I have no words to describe this. If this gym is as small as the pictures make it look, then there will be a lot of angry folks this week....

Thechosen1

Who's ready for no cell phone service and steep bleachers? Guess I am.

audiogirl

That would be their gym. There is another section of bleachers on the other short end.  If you go back to the intersection and stand close to the old store, you can sometimes get a text.  Sometimes.

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

I just want to ask...what will they do if a crowd like this one shows up?

Catfish

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 09:05:38 pm
I just want to ask...what will they do if a crowd like this one shows up?

This is why it should have been there. No one wants to drive to ICC. WSGF is much bigger

HorseFeathers

February 29, 2016, 09:13:38 pm #19 Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:19:14 pm by HF
Quote from: Catfish on February 29, 2016, 09:11:31 pm
This is why it should have been there. No one wants to drive to ICC. WSGF is much bigger

To me it's not about the drive now....it's about the fact that it's not large enough. People will end up making a drive and getting turned away at the door...

PuddlePirate12

The need to up the requirements or something. 1200 seats just aren't enough. May not be a 1a gym big enough but that's better than parents not seeing their kids play

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 29, 2016, 09:19:12 pm
The need to up the requirements or something. 1200 seats just aren't enough. May not be a 1a gym big enough but that's better than parents not seeing their kids play

There is a seat requirement.....

PuddlePirate12

Isn't it 1200? Nashville held like 2800 and was full.

pioneers

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 09:19:57 pm
There is a seat requirement.....
That's why he said Said to up the seat requirements.

Catfish

Well I do know that it's bigger than Bradley. When the state tournament was there 3 years ago it was awful.

Central Ark

Quote from: pioneers on February 29, 2016, 09:24:26 pm
That's why he said Said to up the seat requirements.
He was saying that ICC does not meet this seating requirement.

Oxford Cat

Seats about 1500. The addition is very similar to Mtn. Views, but there is more seating along the sidelines. Several regionals have been hosted there  without incident. Looking forward to some great basketball this week. Why all the hate HF?

Central Ark

That would be the most packed in 1500 people ever. They standing on the court with the players?

HorseFeathers

So....you're telling me that iccs gym holds more than wsgf?

Central Ark

When built, the school board claimed it would seat 1400+ according to their minutes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on February 29, 2016, 09:34:51 pm
When built, the school board claimed it would seat 1400+ according to their minutes.

Which one?

Central Ark

ICC. http://icc.k12.ar.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_3106717/File/Document%20Migration/October_102011.pdf

riccoar

Must have gotten scaled back because that don't hold 1400.  After this weekend is over the AAA will probably get a ton of unhappy responses.  Not to mention not enough lodging close enough to the venue.

yesteryearman

Quote from: ballmember on February 29, 2016, 01:02:42 pm

None of the seats have backs?

Mr. Basketball

FYI- Gym seats 1500+.  Addition in 2012 added an end zone area that seats 500.  If you have Verizon, cell service is not a problem from lobby area.  Hotels all around within 40 minute drive or less.  Melbourne, Horseshoe Bend, Salem and Calico Rock have hotels within 15 minutes of gym.  Travel distance to hotels no different than to Nashville last year.  Most of them are quality chain motels. Seeveral good hotels in Melbourne, Calico Rock, Horseshoe Bend, and Salem area. Several teams stayed in Hope and other places that were not close to Nashville. ICC gym seats more than Hillcrest, Calico Rock, and Westside who have all had state tournaments in recent year.  My feeling is that a Class 1A school meeting requirements deserves chance to host tournament when possible.  The atmosphere for games will be better than the ones in the very large gyms.     

playhard

If ICC holds more than Greers Ferry seating should not be a problem. But from those pictures it doesn't look near as big as GF

StateChamps09

ballmember

Very soon the AAA will have to guarantee fans recliners and a remote. !!!   If you dont like it dont go, i went one day to Bradley and did not return,  watched some other Classifications of basketball that year.  Glad to see a school in north central arkansas that can have the state tourney.   People do not like to get out of their comfort zone.     Good part of the state of Arkansas so enjoy !!     Good luck  to teams and fans!!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: ballmember on March 01, 2016, 09:17:38 am
Very soon the AAA will have to guarantee fans recliners and a remote. !!!   If you dont like it dont go, i went one day to Bradley and did not return,  watched some other Classifications of basketball that year.  Glad to see a school in north central arkansas that can have the state tourney.   People do not like to get out of their comfort zone.     Good part of the state of Arkansas so enjoy !!     Good luck  to teams and fans!!

I'm glad to be here. I just don't want to sit in anyone's lap lol

riccoar

March 01, 2016, 09:27:16 am #39 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:38:53 am by riccoar
Sorry, 40 minutes for lodging for a state tourney is not acceptable.

And looking at pictures alone, I highly doubt that gym seats more than WSGF.

Moonshiner

Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2016, 09:27:16 am
Sorry, 40 minutes for lodging for a state tourney is not acceptable.

And looking at pictures alone, I highly doubt that gym seats more than WSGF.

I stayed in Hope last year.  Only 30 minutes I think.  Gym was hard to find but nice.  If you don't like it, don't go.  It's a geographical oddity.  2 and a half hours from anywhere, but do appreciate them hosting.  It's no easy task.

StateChamps09

I've been in both gyms about a million and six times, and for anyone to say that icc's gym holds more people than wsgf's gym.... id say your hitting the bottle a little early man. It's 10 am on a tuesday.... calm down. Wsgf's gym is bigger than icc's by a landslide

BasketballNeverStops

Following my 12:30 class in Batesville, I'll be on my way to Brockwell!

ErnestTBass

People this goes back to the AAA and the board of directors. As long as politics with superintendents and administrators are involved this will continue to happen. I've been to ICC and no way it seats anywhere close to what GFWS has to offer. WS gym was packed to capacity every night and that includes the mezzanine level! This just re-emphasizes the fact that no one at AAA headquarters gives a rip about small school basketball.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 01, 2016, 10:40:02 am
Following my 12:30 class in Batesville, I'll be on my way to Brockwell!
Scratch that, I'm on my way now!

PuddlePirate12

Ice Water

"Bigger" and "seats more" do not mean the same thing. Based on the pictures I've seen, WSGF is definitely a bigger facility than ICC. But that doesn't mean it seats more. From what I can tell, its seating is strictly chair-backs. ICC is primarily bleacher seats. Going by the AAA rule that 18" of bleacher = one seat, it makes sense to me that ICC's "official" seating capacity is larger than the number of chairs in WSGF's arena.  All that said, my personal preference would rather have the tournament in a building like WSGF's arena.

riccoar

Quote from: Ice Water on March 01, 2016, 12:30:11 pm
"Bigger" and "seats more" do not mean the same thing. Based on the pictures I've seen, WSGF is definitely a bigger facility than ICC. But that doesn't mean it seats more. From what I can tell, its seating is strictly chair-backs. ICC is primarily bleacher seats. Going by the AAA rule that 18" of bleacher = one seat, it makes sense to me that ICC's "official" seating capacity is larger than the number of chairs in WSGF's arena.  All that said, my personal preference would rather have the tournament in a building like WSGF's arena.
I was going to say that earlier.  It's based on the design.  I can show you an auditorium that it suppose to seat 2,200 based on specs.  And you could if every patron consumed the same space as Barney Fife.  That being said, I'll still guarantee WSGF holds more than ICC.  But I'm glad that ICC did win their bid and I'm happy for them. 

HorseFeathers

I'm considering not wearing deodorant the day I make it up, to ensure that I have some elbow room

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 02:12:40 pm
I'm considering not wearing deodorant the day I make it up, to ensure that I have some elbow room

You're gonna be in Izard County.  Do you really think anyone will notice?  Joke.  Sorry.  Couldn't resist. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas