• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Region 4 @ Caddo Hills

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 05:27:36 pm
So Acorn gets to get pounded by Kirby on Sat.........guess they are used to it though, being in same district

Or Coach Jackson catches magic....ah who am I kidding, Kirby is playing for seeding to finally avoid Nemo Vista until the finals...lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 05:27:36 pm
So Acorn gets to get pounded by Kirby on Sat.........guess they are used to it though, being in same district
40 point loss at home in district finals makes you think they just didn't care.

yesteryearman

end of 1st qtr

Emerson  22
Bradley     8

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 05:49:30 pm
end of 1st qtr

Emerson  22
Bradley     8

Bradley has made seven 3's and pulled to within 2.  Emerson may be in trouble

HorseFeathers

HawgBall06

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 05:57:02 pm
Bradley has made seven 3's and pulled to within 2.  Emerson may be in trouble

If a team can hit 7 3s in a quarter and stillo trail by 2, then I think Bradley in the team in trouble. 

yesteryearman

February 26, 2016, 06:12:20 pm #56 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:50:44 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: HawgBall06 on February 26, 2016, 06:05:49 pm
If a team can hit 7 3s in a quarter and stillo trail by 2, then I think Bradley in the team in trouble.

32-30 Emerson early 3rd quarter......Bradley playing with a lot of confidence

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 06:12:20 pm
32-30 Emerson early 3rd quarter......Bradley playing with a lot of confidence, Emerson playing like a team  trying to push an undefeated season uphill.....the streak could end here, and worse, end up as a 4 seed.

Bradley makes another 3 but trails 39-33

yesteryearman

yesteryearman

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

sideliner

Halftime Kirby v Caddo girls, Kirby up 17 -10.
Refs are letting them play rough.

BannerChaser95

End of 3rd
Kirby girls 24
Caddo 18

BannerChaser95

4:56 in the fourth
Kirby 27
Caddo 18

BannerChaser95

48.4 to go
Kirby 29
Caddo 20

Kirbys in the bonus with a foul to give
Caddo only has 1 To left

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

End of 1st
Kirby boys 20
Nevada 12

Seeing double of kirbys defense. All over the place early

BannerChaser95

yesteryearman

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 09:08:56 pm
sounds like Kirby is playing lights out
Kirby looks to have one thing in sight with this game.

End of 3
Kirby 40
Nevada 28

BannerChaser95

Final
Kirby 52
Nevada 37

Kirby plays like this tomorrow night with good officiating and it will be the barn burner of the year!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2016, 09:39:30 pm
Final
Kirby 52
Nevada 37

Kirby plays like this tomorrow night with good officiating and it will be the barn burner of the year!

Good meaning fair or good for Kirby?

BannerChaser95

Fair, I think Kirby pointed out every flaw of Nevada tonight and they just couldn't hit shots. Fair refs and Kirby could very well hand Emerson their first loss. But I'm looking forward to  good boys game

BannerChaser95

I'm taking Emerson by 4 with all that being said. Don't know if Kirby can do it 2 nights in a row

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2016, 09:46:51 pm
Fair, I think Kirby pointed out every flaw of Nevada tonight and they just couldn't hit shots. Fair refs and Kirby could very well hand Emerson their first loss. But I'm looking forward to  good boys game

Emerson recently beat Nevada by 8 and Kirby beat them by 17, so Kirby over Emerson by 9........puts Emerson on bracket with Bay and Guy,  and Kirby has pretty clear shot to finals........maybe this is Kirby's year.

Kirby vs Bay II...they played Bay closer than anybody last year

PuddlePirate12

Kirby did play lights out tonight. So did Emerson if you take away the second quarter where Bradley caught fire. Should be a good game tomorrow. Can't see Kirby holding Emerson to 37 though. Should be a better game tomorrow than today. I think I over estimated Nevada. They must just get up big time to play Emerson. Not sure they even hit a 3 tonight where they hit 10 on Emerson. About 5 from 27 feet. The real question is will Nevada try to play for the 4 seed!

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 26, 2016, 10:09:59 pm
Kirby did play lights out tonight. So did Emerson if you take away the second quarter where Bradley caught fire. Should be a good game tomorrow. Can't see Kirby holding Emerson to 37 though. Should be a better game tomorrow than today. I think I over estimated Nevada. They must just get up big time to play Emerson. Not sure they even hit a 3 tonight where they hit 10 on Emerson. About 5 from 27 feet. The real question is will Nevada try to play for the 4 seed!

That's a tough call for a coach and team, to just mail one in.......however, would Nevada rather get another shot at Emerson/Kirby, or have to go thru Bay and Guy.......bottom of the bracket is nasty.

PuddlePirate12

Who wants to play the loser of tomorrow's championship in the first round? Tough 2 seed

Ice Water

Not sure that intentionally drawing County Line rather than Western Grove in the first round is what I would call a good idea.

PuddlePirate12

They'll be looking at games further into the tournament

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2016, 09:55:32 pm
Emerson recently beat Nevada by 8 and Kirby beat them by 17, so Kirby over Emerson by 9........puts Emerson on bracket with Bay and Guy,  and Kirby has pretty clear shot to finals........maybe this is Kirby's year.

Kirby vs Bay II...they played Bay closer than anybody last year
well if by that standard Kirby beat Blevins 2 weeks ago by 21
Emerson only beat Blevins by 1 a couple weeks ago. So Kirby by 20? Doubtful I just think Emerson gets it done but we will see I'm expecting the best game out of the series tomorrow night

PuddlePirate12

Emerson beat TC 18 Kirby beat them 15. Nobody wins 😮😮

Ice Water

I get that. But is County Line >ICC >Emerson/Kirby really that much of an easier route than Western Grove >Bay >Guy/Emerson/Kirby? Doesn't look like enough difference to purposely drop a game, but maybe that's just me.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 26, 2016, 10:26:08 pm
Emerson beat TC 18 Kirby beat them 15. Nobody wins 😮😮
exactly I don't look into who beat who by what unless it's 30+. teams match up differently

PuddlePirate12

Yes. It'll be a barn burner tomorrow. Come say hi bannerchaser lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 26, 2016, 10:32:37 pm
Yes. It'll be a barn burner tomorrow. Come say hi bannerchaser lol
If kirbys wins I will come over to you, if Emerson wins you come over to me ha. Either way this will be a good game I hope it's called fair so winner can have bragging rights haha

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2016, 10:38:03 pm
If kirbys wins I will come over to you, if Emerson wins you come over to me ha. Either way this will be a good game I hope it's called fair so winner can have bragging rights haha

Just make sure y'all don't have ALL Kirby refs  ;)

BannerChaser95

I think we left our refs at the house puddle but regardless From what I seen Emerson may get away with a few walks and Kirby may get away with hand checks of they let them play. Inside should be about the same. I personally think this game comes down to who plays better defense tonight.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 27, 2016, 05:31:51 am
I think we left our refs at the house puddle but regardless From what I seen Emerson may get away with a few walks and Kirby may get away with hand checks of they let them play. Inside should be about the same. I personally think this game comes down to who plays better defense tonight.

I think you throw records and head to head out the window.  Look at how teams are playing right now.  In last two weeks Kirby has blown out everyone, including Blevins, TC and Nevada, teams Emerson beat but did struggle at times with.  Kirby always gets great coaching, will play disciplined, likely get enough easy baskets against Emerson zone.  They will try to lock down Revels, possibly causing Jefferson to try and do too much.  Other guys from Emerson will have to step up.  Combine that with home crowd, atmosphere, burden of being undefeated and that Kirby seems to be playing better and I see Kirby by 4.  Likely gives winner easier path to finals, and loser goes to no mans land.

hawgfan15

Coaching plays a big role at this time of the year and we saw that last night. There will not be a coaching advantage for either team tonight. Both are as good as it gets.

yesteryearman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 27, 2016, 08:20:48 am
Coaching plays a big role at this time of the year and we saw that last night. There will not be a coaching advantage for either team tonight. Both are as good as it gets.

Just that Smith has been there more times, granted didn't make the difference last year, but due to experience Smith gets slight edge.

hawgfan15

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 27, 2016, 08:25:35 am
Just that Smith has been there more times, granted didn't make the difference last year, but due to experience Smith gets slight edge.

I would say making it through a state tournament field and playing for a state championship is plenty of experience. There will not be any "out coaching" tonight. Last night was a different story.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 27, 2016, 08:45:34 am
I would say making it through a state tournament field and playing for a state championship is plenty of experience. There will not be any "out coaching" tonight. Last night was a different story.
I think it's crazy for Nevada to hold on all 5 time outs (may be just 4 if high school uses the use it or lose it first half time out rule I can't remember) but nun the less, Nevadas coach doesn't call a time out during a 10-2 run by Kirby in the first quarter but calls his first with 1:42? To late in my opinion to try to coach them up but to each there own. I don't think coaching tonight will have an affect for either team. Kirbys playing hot right now like said above, if they keep it up they win but if Emersons half court trap stops the Kirby guards for lay ups then it's Emersons game.

PuddlePirate12

If experience is to be factored in for coaching it needs to be for the players as well. Kirby starts several sophomores and Emerson starts 3 juniors 2 seniors that have all been in the state tournament that last 4 years. Kirby was there last year but Emerson players have been there more times. And there won't be much of a home crowd advantage. Emerson travels well.. Bannerchaser why have the refs not called hardly any walks? Even obvious ones are being missed. Other than that I ive thought they've done well. Hope that continues tonight. I imagine one team will get up then the other come back. Back and forth like that the entire game. Whoever wins the 4th quarter wins the game

BannerChaser95

February 27, 2016, 10:14:12 am #95 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:16:48 am by BannerChaser95
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 27, 2016, 09:53:04 am
If experience is to be factored in for coaching it needs to be for the players as well. Kirby starts several sophomores and Emerson starts 3 juniors 2 seniors that have all been in the state tournament that last 4 years. Kirby was there last year but Emerson players have been there more times. And there won't be much of a home crowd advantage. Emerson travels well.. Bannerchaser why have the refs not called hardly any walks? Even obvious ones are being missed. Other than that I ive thought they've done well. Hope that continues tonight. I imagine one team will get up then the other come back. Back and forth like that the entire game. Whoever wins the 4th quarter wins the game
I know walks in the girls games I've felt like we're spot on but then last night one trip down the floor whisenhunt Walks on a spin move and then 2 trips later took switches pivot at free throw line I thought oh my gosh how obvious does it have to be. My problems is hand checks. The first 3 quarters of last nights game if you put your chest on the guy or hands when they went around. It was great officiating in my opinion. And then all of a sudden in the fourth quarter you could play a little more rough up on a guard which will usually always benefits the team that's losing because of the effort being given where as you saw 2-3 extra unforced turnovers by Kirby because of that. So that's my beef. Walks I can live for if they're missing both sides. But I can't stand when somethings a Foul one quarter and not another. Other than that I thought the game was called close. Had it not been for the 4 over the backs in the second half which were all pretty blatant and obvious then Nevada isn't even in foul trouble

Hookshooter

I predict Kirby girls by 25 in the finals and Kirby boys by two over Emerson in the finals of regional. Kirby boys playing  very solid basketball since Smith came back from injury. Kirby girls have been  blowing people out all year.

sideliner

25-20, Acorn girls up at half. Kirby playing bad.

BannerChaser95

End of 3
Acorn 35 4 fouls
Kirby 30 8 fouls

BannerChaser95

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas