• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson vs Nevada 3

Started by PuddlePirate12, February 19, 2016, 03:53:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PuddlePirate12

Boys Championship game tonight will be a good one! Emerson won the first meeting @ Nevada 64-60 and the second @ Emerson 56-54. It's tough to beat a good team 3 teams so my mind tells me Nevada wins this one. But I can't bet against Emerson even if it means I could be wrong. So Emerson 66-63. May be the best district finals game of the night/week! Go Pirates!

Sportzman12

Either way its going to be an exciting game! I'm taking Nevada!

Pirate1992

I'm taking Emerson10points+ if they hit half their free throws.. If they lose want be a bad thing to get their heads right for regional & state.. 65-55 Emerson

Sportzman12

Pirate1992

Sportzman12

It was close. They won by single digits though

hawgfan15

I heard Revels had 36 points. Can anyone confirm this?

Silky Johnson

Lol who knows. If we can't get the final score I doubt we get any stats.

Pirate1992

64-56.. .. I was almost dead on.. Lol

Pirate1992

PuddlePirate12

Coach Nixs stat book had Revels with 34. It was 12-12 after 1, 21-18 at half Emerson, 35-29 after 3 Nevada, 64-56 final. Emerson was 21-29 from FT. Nevada hit 10 3s. Any other stats you need?

Sportzman12

I really hope to see this matchup again in the Regional Championship in Caddo Hills!!!

hawgfan15

Jefferson had 21 points. So Revels and Jefferson combined for 55 of Emerson's 64 points.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 19, 2016, 11:59:36 pm
Jefferson had 21 points. So Revels and Jefferson combined for 55 of Emerson's 64 points.

Not saying you're wrong but Nixs stat book has Jeff with 16. May be incorrect. But I know more than 9 points were scored by other Emerson players

PuddlePirate12

Nevada is going to be a nightmare matchup for some teams. They are seriously about 11-12 deep and they can all play. Started 5 juniors both games in district. They can shoot the 3 and they can score inside. They have the tools to "upset" some teams. And that's if they don't win regionals. Either way assuming Guy and Bay win their region it'll be them 2 plus 2nd and 3rd from region 4 (out of Emerson, Nevada, Kirby) wouldn't be suprised to see both teams in that 3-4 game playing for 4th. Also, if TC can somehow upset Kirby in Regionals they could be a tough matchup to some. If they come to play. A bit lazy at times and make careless passes. But they got probably the best scoring/defending big man in 1a and if their guards can knock down some 3s and spread it out they could be trouble. Nevada is no joke. I haven't seen Guy or Bay so can't speak for them but Nevada and Emerson are very even. Emerson has just gotten the ball to bounce their way 3 times in a row. Nevada could've won all 3. So if Emerson is top 3 Nevada is 4th. Best team Emerson has faced all season. Should be a 4th Emerson vs Nevada in Caddo Hills next week

hawgfan15

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 20, 2016, 12:09:24 am
Not saying you're wrong but Nixs stat book has Jeff with 16. May be incorrect. But I know more than 9 points were scored by other Emerson players

Lol I shouldn't trust everything I read on social media. I say we go with the stat book. Impressive night regardless. This is the time of year that star players put the team on their back.

basketballmom

February 20, 2016, 12:34:56 am #16 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:38:07 am by basketballmom

Nevada is going to be a nightmare matchup for some teams. They are seriously about 11-12 deep and they can all play. Started 5 juniors both games in district. They can shoot the 3 and they can score inside. They have the tools to "upset" some teams. And that's if they don't win regionals. Either way assuming Guy and Bay win their region it'll be them 2 plus 2nd and 3rd from region 4 (out of Emerson, Nevada, Kirby) wouldn't be suprised to see both teams in that 3-4 game playing for 4th. Also, if TC can somehow upset Kirby in Regionals they could be a tough matchup to some. If they come to play. A bit lazy at times and make careless passes. But they got probably the best scoring/defending big man in 1a and if their guards can knock down some 3s and spread it out they could be trouble. Nevada is no joke. I haven't seen Guy or Bay so can't speak for them but Nevada and Emerson are very even. Emerson has just gotten the ball to bounce their way 3 times in a row. Nevada could've won all 3. So if Emerson is top 3 Nevada is 4th. Best team Emerson has faced all season. Should be a 4th Emerson vs Nevada in Caddo Hills next week
[/quote

Nevada started four juniors and one sophomore.  ;)

PuddlePirate12

Coach Nix literally told Revels "go win the game" at the start of the 4th and Revels responded by scoring 24 points in the 4th quarter. Revels is a absolute beast and hard worker. Some school is going to get heck of a player next season. Especially if he stays healthy. And I think he will when he's not playing 32 minutes of some rough basketball. He doesn't get to sit outside the 3 point line and collect points like some. He gets dirty for his points. So proud of all he's accomplished. Kid never played basketball until he moved to Emerson in 5th or 6th grade and began playing pee wee. And I'm not sure how much 1 on 1 coaching he has received. If this kid could stay healthy he could be very successful at the next level with some good coaching

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: basketballmom on February 20, 2016, 12:34:56 am
Nevada started four juniors and one sophomore. ;)

Ah even worse haha. They'll be tough next year. I'm gonna call them vs Guy now.. That's my way too early prediction lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas