• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Central Conference Tournament

Started by millsalum14, February 19, 2017, 05:15:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

millsalum14

Does anyone know the schedule and seeding for the 5A Central Conference Tournament at Maumelle? I would imagine Mills and Parkview are the top two seeds.

TNT_15

No I believe it goes like this
1.Beebe
2.Parkview
3.mills
4LRC
5.SHH
6ja fair
7.mcclean
8.PA

Parkview and mills might be switched but for sure on the rest

ZoneBuster

Chief_Osceola™

If that's the case, Parkview and Mills would potentially meet in the semifinals, which could have an interesting impact on state tournament seeding. 

millsalum14

The schedule was released a moment ago, and it goes like this:

GAME 1: 1 Mills vs. 8 PA: Wed. at 4:15
GAME 2: 4 LRCA vs. 5 Sylvan Hills: Wed. at 5:30
GAME 3: 3 Fair vs. 6 Beebe: Wed. at 6:45
GAME 4: 2 Parkview vs. 7 McClellan: Wed. at 8:00

GAME 5: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2: Thurs. at 5:30
GAME 6: Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4: Thurs. at 8:00

Third Place: Loser of Game 5 vs. Loser of Game 6: Fri. at 5:30
CHAMPIONSHIP: Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6: Fri. at 8:00

ZoneBuster

Now that is a little more realistic lol

BballDad501

What about on the girls side? Is the schedule available?

Rayburn

Girls 5A-Central
1. PA vs. 8. McClellan
4. Beebe vs. 5. LRCA
3. Sylvan Hills vs. 6. Mills
2. Parkview vs. 7. Fair

Games start tomorrow at 4:00

Red Devil Alum

I don't understand the new system yet. Who all makes the state tournament? the top 4? So win one game and you are in? What if Mills or Parkview lost in the first round, would they miss the state tournament?

ZoneBuster

It's much like the lower levels top 4 advance.

TNT_15

For the boys I like all the higher seeds to win execept for fair.

ZoneBuster

TNT where did you get your first bracket?

TNT_15

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 20, 2017, 03:38:58 pm
TNT where did you get your first bracket?
Miss read beebes record ..... My bad

millsalum14

February 20, 2017, 04:21:59 pm #13 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:28:06 pm by millsalum14
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on February 20, 2017, 03:11:31 pm
I don't understand the new system yet. Who all makes the state tournament? the top 4? So win one game and you are in? What if Mills or Parkview lost in the first round, would they miss the state tournament?

Correct. If Mills and Parkview lost in the first round, they would be out. The first round games are to determine WHO goes to the playoffs. The games thereafter are used to determine a conference champion/seeding.

Barring any upsets, Mills and Parkview would be an interesting championship game to watch on Friday. Arguably the two best teams in Little Rock and in class 5A, and it's a primetime game on a neutral court. I think it'll be the only hoops game going on in LR on Friday night too.

woopork

Is this actually at Maumelle? Or was that a typo?

millsalum14

That's correct woopork. Sylvan Hills is hosting, but using Maumelle's gym.

TNT_15

woopork

millsalum14

In girls action:

PA 66, McClellan 30
Sylvan Hills 60, Mills 25

At last check, Beebe had a 10 point lead over LRCA with under a minute left, but I don't know how that ended. Parkview and Fair is going on now, with PV's girls holding a 32-10 halftime lead.

Rocket23

Beebe's defeated LRCA 68-54 if I remember correctly.  Bradley, the LRCA sophomore, had 38 in a losing cause.

millsalum14

Boys play starts today, with Mills taking on PA at 4:15.

On the girls side, Parkview, Beebe, Sylvan Hills, and Pulaski Academy will represent the Central in the state tournament. PA plays Beebe tomorrow at 4:15, and SH plays PV tomorrow at 6:45. The winners of those games will play for the championship Friday night at 6:45.

TNT_15

LRC and SHh had horrible officiating and the SHh fans let them know about it. Bad calls against both teams but good hard fought game hats of to SHh

millsalum14

In boys action:

Mills 52 PA 25
Sylvan Hills 56 LRCA 50
Fair 52 Beebe 36
PV 77 McClellan 44

Mills vs. Sylvan Hills tomorrow at 5:30. PV vs. Fair rematch at 8. Winners advance to the conference title game.

millsalum14

In boys action:

Mills takes down Sylvan Hills 62-44 to advance to the conference championship. The win gives this Mills squad the school record for most overall wins in a season (27).

millsalum14

On the girls side, Pulaski Academy and Parkview play for the championship tomorrow at 6:45. Beebe and SH play for 3rd place tomorrow at 4:15.

millsalum14

February 23, 2017, 09:25:02 pm #25 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:26:51 pm by millsalum14
In boys action, Fair is up on Parkview at the end of the third, 33-32.

woopork

millsalum14

Parkview overwhelms Fair in the 4th, 48-40. It'll be #1 Mills and #2 Parkview for the Conference Championship tomorrow night.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: millsalum14 on February 21, 2017, 02:24:56 am
That's correct woopork. Sylvan Hills is hosting, but using Maumelle's gym.

I've been seeing videos all week and wondering why this tournament was at Maumelle. Any particular reason?

millsalum14

I don't know how Sylvan Hills was chosen to host the tournament. But I do know that their gym isn't big enough to host any type of tournament. Seeing how them and Maumelle are in the same district, I guess they worked out some type of agreement.

millsalum14

It's halftime at Maumelle. Mills is up on Parkview 33-28

Chief_Osceola™

Chief_Osceola™

Parkview & Mills tied up at 55. Going to overtime.

Chief_Osceola™

millsalum14

Central Conference seeding for 5A State Tournament:

Boys:

1. Parkview
2. Mills
3. Fair
4. Sylvan Hills

Girls:

1. Parkview
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Beebe