• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a

Started by BannerMountainMan, May 21, 2014, 01:21:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Heard Clinton's getting a Soccer team?  :o

Go Postal

That would be cool, the more Arkansas schools that participate in this "Old World" sport, the better.  If it is true, then I'm not sure where in 4A classification conference they could be in.  I'm just learning this year on how the 4A works for conference, regionals and playoffs.  I do know that any 4A down to 1A schools, that play soccer, are considered 4A.  The more smaller schools that we get playing soccer might eventually have the impact of the AAA to make a 3A down to 1A soccer classification conference or even maybe a 5A/4A like the 7A/6A.

The AAA currently separates schools that play football, not futbol, since 2006 the schools have been organized as follows.
Class 7A (16 largest schools)
Class 6A (next 16 largest schools)
Class 5A (next 32 largest schools)
Class 4A (next 48 largest schools that sponsor football ("football schools"), as well as all non-football schools within range)
Class 3A (same means as Class 4A)
Class 2A (next 48 largest schools and remainder of football schools)
Class 1A (all remaining schools)

Soccer is a different story with schools having both boys/girls teams playing or having a boys or girls team playing.  So it seems that they are trying to use the same formula as football and they combined the 4A, 3A, 2A and 1A soccer teams together.

This can change during each new cycle in any sport.  The closest sport to soccer that I can think of that might have boys/girls playing and maybe boys or girls playing is basketball in any conference.  But I believe that all smaller sized schools play boys/girls basketball, so soccer can be a new problem for the AAA to find a classification for a school.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas