• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Murphy's NCAA 2009 Dynasty

Started by Chris Murphy, November 03, 2009, 04:23:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Murphy

I'm too cheap to buy the new NCAA football game this year, so I broke out the old one today and decided to start a new dynasty. With whom? The Army Black Knights. Here's my schedule:

Army Black Knights 2008
Week 1: vs Marshall
Week 2: vs #20 BYU
Week 3: OFF
Week 4: @ #11 Clemson
Week 5: @ #2 Oklahoma
Week 6: @ #17 Virginia Tech
Week 8: vs Virginia
Week 9: @ #16 Auburn
Week 10: vs Air Force
Week 11: @ #18 Illinois
Week 12: OFF
Week 13: @ Rutgers
Week 14: OFF
Week 15: vs Navy

A tough road ahead of me, but I feel pretty confident in predicting a bowl for the Black Knights this year.

Chris Murphy

And the first game is a success. The Black Knights pulled out a 37-34 double OT victory against Marshall. After going to the locker room at halftime with a 14-13 lead, Marshall came out and outscored the Knights 14-3 to jump to a 27-17 lead with 4:00 left. The Knights stayed calm, and came back to tie the game with a field goal with no time left on the clock. We traded touchdowns in the first overtime, and then a 39 yard field goal turned out to be the game winner after Marshall was picked off on third down in the second overtime. Kyle Alexander led the Knights with a 24 of 36 performance for 338 yards, 2 TD and 2 INT. Good start to the season.

AB™

Army has their sweet camo unis in 2010.  I love doing dynasties with the independents.  you get to schedule all 12 games and can play whoever you want.

Chris Murphy

So I made a mistake and forgot to save my dynasty. Set it up again today, same schedule. Lost a heartbreaker to Marshall after a late fumble led to a Marshall field goal with 34 seconds left to make it 23-20. I had the ball with just over two minutes left, was diving for a first down, and my running back fumbled as he broke the line for the first.

Chris Murphy

Victory! Led by a 23 carry, 109 yard performance by Steve Kirby, the Cadets beat #20 BYU 21-20 after a fourth down stop with 30 seconds left to win the game. Kirby also had 6 catches for 68 yards and 2 TD. The game winning touchdown was scored in the third, when Kirby broke free for a 41 yard run to put Army up 21-14. A shaky performance by the defense, but they buckled down when they needed to. Next up: a trip to #9 Clemson.

SMC

Independents, that's a great idea. I am playing a dynasty on 2008 with Arkansas State, but my strength of schedule playing in the Sun Belt totally hampers me.

I played @ Arkansas, @ Missouri, @ Tennessee, @ Notre Dame, and Ole Miss at home as my 5 OOC games - and my schedule ranking only got me to "C."

I went unbeaten and still only got a bid to the Motor City Bowl where I played the 10-2 Temple Owls. I think I was #11 in the country in the final rankings.

I created my own playbook and I dominate running the "Wild Indian" with Reggie Arnold playing QB.

AB™

I love going the independent route.  You get 12 games, and after year 2 or 3 I'll have a seaosn where I play 10 top 25 teams.  But now, the only Independents left are Army, Navy, and ND.  Used to have Temple and WKU in there as well, so If you didn't feel like playing with a team that ran nothing but the option you could go with one of those two.

SMC

I think I will quit my stAte dynasty and start up with  Navy, and use my own created playbook.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas