• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pro Gamer?

Started by phdefense, October 09, 2009, 12:03:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

I know that such a thing exists, but do we have any true pro gamers here? Anyone made any money playing?

Got one of these yet?

Or maybe one of these

And of course if you have not transitioned from console to PC yet then no you are not good enough.

Doc Holiday

RD™

PC gaming is for nerds.

phdefense

The Reality is back...

PC gaming sucks. It's on the way out. I know a couple guys, RM knows them, too, that used to go to comeptitions and play Quake at those things, won about 10,000 one time.

None of them play PC games anymore.

phdefense

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on October 11, 2009, 09:29:18 pm
PC gaming sucks. It's on the way out. I know a couple guys, RM knows them, too, that used to go to comeptitions and play Quake at those things, won about 10,000 one time.

As far as Pro gaming goes it is not close. A person on a console can't compete with a person on a PC. The controls on the PC are more precise. The guys on the PC will runs circles around a person using a console. The skill cap on a PC is way higher. Consoles are for casual players.

Doc Holiday

The Reality is back...

Quote from: phdefense on October 12, 2009, 11:44:29 am

As far as Pro gaming goes it is not close. A person on a console can't compete with a person on a PC. The controls on the PC are more precise. The guys on the PC will runs circles around a person using a console. The skill cap on a PC is way higher. Consoles are for casual players.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that console games are blowing up every day, while save for a few titles, PC games are limited to a very small number of people who are hard core gamers.

Chief_Osceola™

The only thing I'll ever play on a PC is Counterstrike.  Actually, I take that back.  I'd play anything developed by Valve on the PC.  Problem is, I don't really feel like paying thousands of dollars to build a high-end alienware PC.  Granted, it's not necessary for Counterstrike, but I think that having to constantly upgrade your hardware is a big turnoff for a lot of gamers.

superfan

I guess you could say i'm "pro" Team Fortress 2 player on the xbox.  I play in the highest leagues that are out there.  No money, just playing for bragging rights and fun.  I almost won 500 dollars from best buy from a tournament 1 time playing it, but some other team pulled the equivelant of "the miricle on ice" and beat my super loaded team.

Chief_Osceola™

^ I think you and your buddies could do well in tournaments.

superfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 14, 2009, 09:25:37 am
^ I think you and your buddies could do well in tournaments.

We are actually in leagues, and are widely considered to be the best TF2 360 team over the last two years.

Chief_Osceola™

^ Quick question re: TF2.  What is your overall favorite/best class?  I think this has been discussed some a couple years ago, but I don't have time to dig today.  I'm sure there are some variables to consider depending on the map and/or game type, but if you had to pick only one, which would you go with, and why?

superfan

October 14, 2009, 04:12:09 pm #13 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:17:27 pm by superfan
In matches I'm generally the only person switching between 7-8 classes depending on how the match is going.  But my best two classes are defenitly Medic and Pyro.

I like Medic because it's the class that makes competitive matches move.  He is practically the QB of the team

I like pyro because people think he is useless, but watching other teams adjust there plans to deal with a useless class is priceless.

Doc Holiday

JD_Will

Quote from: phdefense on October 12, 2009, 11:44:29 am

I think that is part of the challenge to console gamers. Take first person shooters for example. Playing a first person shooter on a PC is way easier than playing it on a console. When you can use a mouse pointer to aim and fire, of course you can be more precise. With the console, you only have a small, sensitive joy stick. The joy stick is much harder to control and is less precise. Meaning, consoles take more practice and skill than PC to be good at. I do agree however that PC is a good choice for Eastern RPG's, Simulators, MMO's, and RTS's. Sports, Fighting, and Western RPG's should be left for consoles. Shooters and Racing are great on both platforms.

Doc Holiday

Btw, just to make myself clear...................EFF PC!  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas