• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fight Night Round 4

Started by Romeo, June 27, 2009, 04:40:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Any reviews over this game? I heard the biggest difference is that they took away the button controls and have gone strictly with total punch control.

rsvl_hogfan4

Yeah, they have. I like it a lot more. It takes more skill and strategy than just simply alternating pushing triangle and circle to jab and straight. The last few games really came down to who could back buttons the fastest with occasionally throwing some haymakers. I have been playing it quite a bit when I am off work. There is a new total punch control though. You can move the joy stick in different directions to throw punches on this game. You no longer have to hold L1 to throw a body shot.

This is definitely my favorite fight night. The training in legends mode is pretty tough, though.

koopa

I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I think it is a good idea to make the punches controlled exclusively by total punch control.
It always made me really angry when I would fight friends and they would button-mash while I was attempting to be more realistic with the game..haha.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 27, 2009, 04:51:36 pm
Yeah, they have. I like it a lot more. It takes more skill and strategy than just simply alternating pushing triangle and circle to jab and straight. The last few games really came down to who could back buttons the fastest with occasionally throwing some haymakers. I have been playing it quite a bit when I am off work. There is a new total punch control though. You can move the joy stick in different directions to throw punches on this game. You no longer have to hold L1 to throw a body shot.

This is definitely my favorite fight night. The training in legends mode is pretty tough, though.

That's my biggest complaint, is that body shots are so much more difficult.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on June 27, 2009, 11:35:02 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on June 27, 2009, 04:51:36 pm

That's my biggest complaint, is that body shots are so much more difficult.
How? You can hold L1 if you want, but you can also just hit right on the right joystick, or left on the right joystick. Those throw hooks to the side of the body. Pushing down throws upper cuts to the body. That is about as easy as it can get. When I get a guy against the ropes I just keep moving the joystick from left to right and it throws a lot of body shots. The only reason you need to hold L1 is to jab and straight the body, but there really isn't a reason to throw a jab or straight to the body.

The Reality is back...

I can't get it to work with body shots as well, I'll hit it in one direction...body. Same spot next time....head. It's annoying. I don't see how you think that's easier than holding L1 and every punch you throw being a body blow.

Upon further playing of this game, I think it's not good. The legacy is crap, you can train as hard as you want and bust tail, you might get 2 points. I'm done with it.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on June 28, 2009, 03:00:18 pm
I can't get it to work with body shots as well, I'll hit it in one direction...body. Same spot next time....head. It's annoying. I don't see how you think that's easier than holding L1 and every punch you throw being a body blow.

Upon further playing of this game, I think it's not good. The legacy is crap, you can train as hard as you want and bust tail, you might get 2 points. I'm done with it.
Did you do the tutorial? When I first started playing I thought it was pretty hard. Now I think it is pretty easy to throw them. I do agree the training is hard, but on old legends mode it was hard at first. I cheat a little bit by going to settings and turn the sliders up during training for punching power and speed. It is cheap, but like you, I have trouble training right now.

I haven't really played a ton of legacy mode, though. I play online and against people at the house. There are some pretty good guys online. I am like 10-11 online I think.

The Reality is back...

Yeah, I did the tutrotials.

WHat are you talking about turning stuff up and down...explain further. It might save the game....

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on June 28, 2009, 06:49:16 pm
Yeah, I did the tutrotials.

WHat are you talking about turning stuff up and down...explain further. It might save the game....
Push start while in legends mode to bring up the legends main menu. Go to, I believe, my corner. Then there will be settings. When I am training I move the power and speed sliders all the way up. For the training game where you have to move the heavy bag down the room it is useful. You hit the bag harder and faster allowing it to move the bag more.

The Reality is back...

tapout49

This game is sweet I placed in the top 10 in Arkansas playing this game....Smoking Joe is a mad man!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas