• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fallout 3:Wondering through the wasteland ...

Started by Doc Holiday, December 04, 2008, 09:28:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

December 31, 2009, 09:55:03 pm #200 Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:30:48 am by jbell96
There has to be a glitch in this game. I went exactly where wiki told me to go to find the 10th holotape & it isn't there. I am beyond ticked right now.

EDIT: The glitch was I didn't go close enough to that first piece of machinery in the rotunda. Wow that tranquillity lane stuff was weird. Thank goodness for the wiki or I'd never have gotten out of there.

bulldogs1159

I wouldn't have made it out of there either without the wiki.

jbell96

Long story short, I beat the game & currently am playing Broken Steel, but am stuck on my current mission. It is the one at Old Olney where you have to find a Tesla coil once you get to Old Olney Powerworks. I can't find one anywhere & I have looked over the entire buildings. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I really like having Fawkes with me. I rarely had to fire on a Deathclaw thanks to him.

Chief_Osceola™

It's in the middle of the reactor room, the one with all the electricity.  Just make sure and turn off the reactor before you grab it, or you'll get hurt.

jbell96

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 25, 2010, 10:31:33 am
It's in the middle of the reactor room, the one with all the electricity.  Just make sure and turn off the reactor before you grab it, or you'll get hurt.

How do I turn off the reactor? Is there a switch in the building somewhere? I hacked every computer & nothing happened with the electricity

Chief_Osceola™

There should be a room next to the tesla coil that has a computer you can hack to turn it off.

bulldogs1159

I had enough health that I just grabbed the darn thing while the electricity was on. It didn't kill me but it took a lot out of me.

jbell96

Crap, it was the one computer I couldn't hack since I don't have 100 Science yet. Guess I'll have to level up before completing that mission.

Chief_Osceola™

You can go to the bottom of the reactor core and shut it off w/ the secondary switches if you can't hack the terminal.

jbell96

I really feel like the Brotherhood is treating me like I'm their little lap dog. I'm going to do some side missions before I continue the main quest. Speaking of side missions, I keep going to the dock area where you get on the boat and go to that island with the tribal guys, but the guy is never there to take me out. Is that one of the add ons I have to do after Broken Steel?

Chief_Osceola™

I think you can go there any time.  I can't remember if it's triggered by a radio broadcast though.  Is the boat there?  If so, did you look all through it?  Sometimes he is in the cargo hold or the engine room I think.

jbell96

It says you have to have a key to open the room on the boat. I'll try the radio thing. I went to that island once & it took me forever to get through the mansion mission. I finally smartened up and started using stealth boys & setting mine traps before I finally made it through. I left since I was low on ammo & stimpaks, but haven't been able to make it back since.

Chief_Osceola™

Since you've already been, just go to the room with the cot and sit down on it, and you should have the option to go to Point Lookout.  You won't find the ferry's captain on it right now.

If you've done the Operation Anchorage DLC, you should have (or have access to) the Chinese Stealth Armor and/or the Winterized T51b Power Armor.  Chinese Stealth Armor makes you invisible while crouching, and the special Power Armor has 10,000,000 hp.  Either way, it makes Point Lookout a breeze.

jbell96

It says I need to buy a ticket when I do try & sit down.

Chief_Osceola™

That's weird.  If you've already been to Point Lookout, and helped Desmond out in the mansion, you should already have a ticket.  I don't know if it has to remain in your inventory or not (or if it can even be removed), but you might want to double-check to make sure you have it on you.  Everytime I left and came back, I only had to go activate the cot in the room on the lower deck and it fast travelled there for me.

jbell96

I think I messed up by going to Point Lookout before I finished the main quest. I always had to pay for a ticket. Once I start my new game in a few weeks I'll avoid that place until I get done with the main quest.

Chief_Osceola™

I think there's a glitch where Tobar won't be where he's supposed to be when you get to the ferry.  In the glitch, he's swimming in the water.  You may try looking around to see if he's in the water.  If not, you could possibly try clearing your cache - not sure how to do this on PS3 if that's what console you have.  And you can try deleting some old saves.  I don't know how, but sometimes that will fix certain glitches.  I'll keep digging around and see if I can find anything.

jbell96

I'll look in the water some. The lady who asks you to find her daughter is still around & every time I go back there I find 3 dead Mirelurks laying around.

Chief_Osceola™

Is there a way to clear the cache on the PS3?

jbell96

Not sure. I just went ahead & started the Anchorage Simulator. Took forever to blow up those giant guns since it took me forever to get my daughter to sleep.

bulldogs1159

I was not a fan of Anchorage. But it is a good way to get a lot of XP.

jbell96

Did you guys get attacked by the outcasts after the sim? I was collecting all the goodies in the room & all of a sudden they started shooting at me.

Chief_Osceola™

If I remember correctly, I think they start fighting each other and you kind of get caught in the middle.  Just remember to get the winterized armor and the Chinese stealth armor.  Oh, and get the Gauss gun, or whatever it's called.  I think it's the Gauss, it might be the Tesla cannon.

jbell96

That makes sense. I was just collecting stuff & all of a sudden I was getting hit with a gatling laser. Gauss gun is awesome. I used it a lot during the anchorage sim. I got everything in the room.

jbell96

Dang it, I lost out on an Alien Blaster @ Adams Air Force Base because my lockpick wasn't high enough. Tesla Cannon is pretty awesome though. Need to figure out how to get rid of the glitch for Point Lookout since I really enjoyed the challenge of the first part of that mission. I'm ready to start over with my new character, I just have to complete Point Lookout & Mothership Zeta.

Chief_Osceola™

^ Don't worry about the Alien Blaster.  There's plenty more alien weapon technology on Mothership Zeta.

jbell96

IIs there an easy way to complete the Nuka Cola Quantum challenge? I got the perk that turns 10 Nuka Cola's into a quantum, and know all the places it was delivered, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get all of them faster. I'm finishing up my side quests before going to outerspace.

Chief_Osceola™

In Paradise Falls, at the leader's house, there are like 5 of them.  That should help quite a bit.

jbell96

BTW, I hated The Pitt. It was way too easy & kind of annoying. I almost wish I had just gone in there blasting all the Raiders instead of pretending to be a slave.

bulldogs1159

Really? I enjoyed The Pitt. I thought Operation Anchorage was awful personally.

Chief_Osceola™

The main redeeming quality about Operation Anchorage was the stuff you get after the simulation.

jbell96

E F F this frigging Point Lookout Glitch. I make it my active quest & it points me to some random area east of Moresti Trainyard where there is absolutely nothing. I also swam around the boat looking for the guy & all I found was 3 dead Mirelurks & 2 dead Mirelurk Kings.

I happened to run into Albino Radscorpions when I was in the random area east of Moresti. Good god those things are impossible to kill.

bulldogs1159

So frustrated. I popped the game in for the first time in forever and went to Point Lookout and the game kept freezing and messing up.

jbell96

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 23, 2010, 05:59:03 pm
So frustrated. I popped the game in for the first time in forever and went to Point Lookout and the game kept freezing and messing up.

E F F Point Lookout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas