• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WEEK 5 3-2A PICKS

Started by bdubyab60, September 30, 2013, 09:25:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Well seems the conference is a little more competitive than some thought. Conference favorite Salem goes down on the road and EPC pushed to the limit by CC.
Here are the current conference standings. I lined them up by what the teams scored in their games and who won. This is just conference record. 1. Augusta 1-0 (48), 2. WR 1-0 (37), 3. MT 1-0 (32), 4.EPC 1-0 (20),
5. Salem 0-1 (28), 6. CR 0-1 (16), 7. CC 0-1 (14) 8. MC 0-1 (8).

Last week BDUB went 3-1 in picks for the conference. Was fairly close on 2 spreads (my weak spot). Front runners let us down and kept me from being 4-0. Thanks Salem.

Now to this weeks Match ups.
MARKED TREE @ CEDAR RIDGE
Indians are trying to avoid the letdown after their big win over conference favorite Salem. Lucky fo rthem they get confference favorite to finish last CR. Though they are a little improved I dont think they are improved enough to to knock the indians off their high. Indians will roll in this one.
(MARKED TREE 42 CEDAR RIDGE 12)

CROSS COUNTY @ MCCRORY
T-Birds lost a tough one to EPC. Learn to block and this team will be as dangerous as they come. Davis and Turner are the real deal, speed and tough to bring down. Mccrory lost pretty handily to WR. WR is a tough place to win espically with a young team like the Jags have. The T-Birds look to be a little further along and I think they shake off the tough loss to EPC. Going with the T-Birds on the road.
(CROSS COUNTY 28 MCCRORY 16)

AUGUSTA @ SALEM
Red Devils could have been the surprise team if not for MT. They are 3-1 overall and at the top right now but they are a queston mark. No one has been bragging on them and Ive only seen a few highlights. Salem is coming off a huge upset loss. Bet the Greyhounds are pretty mad and looking to get bac out on the field to make up for it. Devils played Salem close for a half last year before Hounds run em off the field. I think the Hounds get back on track this week.
(SALEM 38 AUGUSTA 20)

GAME OF THE WEEK
WALNUT RIDGE @ EAST POINSETT COUNTY
Bobcats come off a pretty good beating of a young Mccrory team. Think the books still out on WR, wins are over Corning and the young Jags. They get a strong test this week. Warriors escaped a tough CC team. Warriors are banged up as well. Warriors have gotten stops when they needed them but the offense has only played one good game and that was against Hazen. These two played a classic last year with gola line stands and big plays on both side. Its Terrapin Derby weekend in Lepanto though and Ill take the Warriors at home. Think this one is prettty close.
(EPC 38 WALNUT RIDGE 30)

playmaker04

I'm with you on the picks bdub.

Mt 48-14
Cc 28-26
Salem 37-16
Epc 35-7

bdubyab60

I just think by what Ive seen and heard that CC beats MC by more than 2 this week. But gotta play it out cant be sloppy like the other night.

brown2010

mt 48 cr 6
mc 24 cc 20   if mc has players back from injuries if not cc34 mc 14
salem 48 aug 6
epc 28 wr 20

bdubyab60

Just bumping this up. Would like to see some extra posters weigh in on what coul dbe the most competitive conference race this year. A lot of the other conferences have had key match ups early between the favorites. this conference looks to be a tough one to pick the winner.

Bearden_Bear72

Im taking Augusta as my upset 21-13. Everything else I like

bdubyab60

It will be interesting to see if Salem can bounce back form that loss. If they struggle with Augusta coul dbe telling on how the conference wil finish.

Bearden_Bear72

Well Salem was suppose to be something this year, and maybe they are.  But they dropped the ball last week. and Agusta has been playing consistent.  I dont know because i havent seen them of course, but from looking at schedules and matches so far, ill go with the Red Devils this time

bdubyab60

They have the one loss to Bald Knob 56-6. BK is 1-3 but all their losses are to opponents that are a class or to higher or ranked fairly high.

Win or lose its an interesting match up between them and MT the following week as well.

Bearden_Bear72

Yea wondering if MT is a one game wonder

bdubyab60

They should take care of CR this week. It would be crazy if EPC and MT make it to the final conference game both undefeated.

I dont see it happening. Im really thinking there could ber like a 3 way tie and tiebreakers involved this year.

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 30, 2013, 04:41:19 pm
I just think by what Ive seen and heard that CC beats MC by more than 2 this week. But gotta play it out cant be sloppy like the other night.
I hope your right but until cc plays 2 halves consistently then I'll take a win by any number of points lol

bdubyab60

I agree playmaker. It all plays out tonight. Looks like any bad weather is holding off to tomorrow. Good luck to all the teams tonight.

I believe this conference title wont be decided until probably the last 2 weeks of conference play.

bdubyab60

Another 3 out of 4 got to look in to this homecoming thing

playmaker04

Well the inconsistent Thunderbirds didn't show up either half tonight. That was ugly.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 01, 2013, 04:57:21 pm
Im taking Augusta as my upset 21-13. Everything else I like

salem dominated them.  Score should have been worse.  Salem let up on the throttle in 3rd quarter and augusta scored twice.  Thought at that point 42-8 they were trying just kill clock and not run the score up but augusta made two good plays so salem hit the trottle with 2 more tds.  I cant explain what happened last week but salem is still legit. 

bdubyab60

I'll give Salem a couple more games before we call them legit. I haven't been on the Red Devils band wagon. Only times they have stepped up in competition they have been blown out.

The conference seems to be very competitive this year and you better not be on the road at someone's homecoming.

2 weeks in a row a favorite has been knocked off on the road. Still no clear favorite in the conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas