• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats off to Brian Walker and PBR

Started by Rick Swines, February 18, 2019, 01:21:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Swines

They are doing a tremendous job of promoting high school baseball throughout the state.  They are doing team previews now.  I just want to say thank you to the staff there. 

CageMonsterNWA

He's a great guy who is making a difference for a lot of young men. His hard work is improving the quality of baseball in Arkansas.

JacketFan

Anyone have any of the scores to these games that are being played at various locations across the state?

Rick Swines

Great games today and friday.

Jonesboro/Valley View will be great.  VV has some starters out but still a well coached team that has tons of talent.  Jonesboro has pitchers upon pitchers.  Will be interesting how this one plays out. 

Wynne is very talented this year.  I don't know much about Bald Knob but beat Searcy yesterday which is a good win.

Nettleton/Marion should be a great game as well.  Marion probably didn't get home until 1 last night. 

Cabot/Fayettville will be a great game between 2 great coaches.  Both teams have lots of talent. 

Just a great tournament to start the season.  The winner of the tournament will have definitely earned it

T-Bone

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 27, 2019, 12:51:36 pm
Great games today and friday.

Jonesboro/Valley View will be great.  VV has some starters out but still a well coached team that has tons of talent.  Jonesboro has pitchers upon pitchers.  Will be interesting how this one plays out. 

What starters were out last night when JHS and VV played?  It was a good game but pretty sure they had all their players since out of basketball.

CageMonsterNWA

Quote from: JacketFan on February 27, 2019, 11:33:42 am
Anyone have any of the scores to these games that are being played at various locations across the state?

Most of the scores are at the top of the PBR Arkansas website, Jacket.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Wynne 10-0 in 5. Jumper and Batson combine to throw a no-hitter.

ricepig

Jonesboro wins the tournament, beating Har-Ber 11-10 in the semis, and Fayetteville 7-5 in the finals.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2019, 02:43:04 pm
Jonesboro wins the tournament, beating Har-Ber 11-10 in the semis, and Fayetteville 7-5 in the finals.

Congrats

CageMonsterNWA

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2019, 02:43:04 pm

Congrats to the Hurricane. They earned it. Great tournament.

T-Bone

Quote from: CageMonsterNWA on March 02, 2019, 07:10:57 pm
Congrats to the Hurricane. They earned it. Great tournament.

JHS did earn these wins.  A true team effort.  When others were not where they need to be others stepped up.  So many players stepped up to mention them all which is why I say this is such a true team effort.  JHS seemed to be mentally out of the first game with HarBar at the start of the game.  Somewhat intimidated it seemed.  Had trouble handling the balls hit to them and JHS not hitting very well.  But they never quit and started making plays and producing runs.  Hats go off to the entire team and coaches for staying in and fighting through issues.  Anyone can say "if this" and "if that" but you play the game as it comes to you.  Congratulations JHS!

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on March 03, 2019, 10:32:04 am
JHS did earn these wins.  A true team effort.  When others were not where they need to be others stepped up.  So many players stepped up to mention them all which is why I say this is such a true team effort.  JHS seemed to be mentally out of the first game with HarBar at the start of the game.  Somewhat intimidated it seemed.  Had trouble handling the balls hit to them and JHS not hitting very well.  But they never quit and started making plays and producing runs.  Hats go off to the entire team and coaches for staying in and fighting through issues.  Anyone can say "if this" and "if that" but you play the game as it comes to you.  Congratulations JHS!
Looks like the hitting is ahead of the pitching, at this point. You normally say you hope the hitting warms up as the weather does, haha. The team could have hung their heads and quit after the poor start against Har-Ber, looks like the coaches and Sr's wouldn't let them.

T-Bone

Very true!  Strong possibilities with this team.

CageMonsterNWA

Quote from: T-Bone on March 03, 2019, 11:41:08 am
Very true!  Strong possibilities with this team.

Great comeback against HBHS.  Down 3-9 at one point, JHS found a way. Interestingly, HBHS tried a freshman pitcher in relief.  His velocity was decent, but his ball was flat, and he was clearly nerve-wracked.  HB left him in too long, then replaced him w/ a sophomore, who performed better, but who also was in a bit over his head against high-quality JHS hitters. It was good for these HB youngsters to get some experience early in the season, but the timing was strange, and the Hurricane hitters knew an opportunity when they saw it.

Gravelbar

March 04, 2019, 09:39:17 am #15 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:43:24 am by Gravelbar
Jonesboro High School can hit a baseball....look for them to be at the top for the next 3 years anyway..I haven't seen Har-Ber, so I don't know about them---Jonesboro is one of the best hitting teams I've seen in a while....Sheridan can rake when they get going too, but J'boro kids can hit..

T-Bone

March 04, 2019, 01:23:15 pm #16 Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:35:48 am by T-Bone
Quote from: CageMonsterNWA on March 04, 2019, 07:49:41 am
Great comeback against HBHS.  Down 3-9 at one point, JHS found a way. Interestingly, HBHS tried a freshman pitcher in relief.  His velocity was decent, but his ball was flat, and he was clearly nerve-wracked.  HB left him in too long, then replaced him w/ a sophomore, who performed better, but who also was in a bit over his head against high-quality JHS hitters. It was good for these HB youngsters to get some experience early in the season, but the timing was strange, and the Hurricane hitters knew an opportunity when they saw it.

I understand what your saying and that goes with my earlier comment on people will say "if this" or "if that".  Just nature of the beast.  You take the game as it comes at you and JHS players did.  Knowing Blake was sitting ready to go in the championship.  Great player, great kid.  Would have made it more interesting for HB.  It looked bad for JHS's starting pitcher but "if" you take out the three grounders that JHS could not turn quick enough due to the speed of HB and the one that went under the legs of a great player and the foul pop up that was dropped by another great player, then things might have been different earlier.  It happens to the best of them and it went against JHS early.  Not sure they were ready for the speed of the turf infield.  All batters that faced our starting pitcher basically hit grounders.  JHS rebounded hard.  Pitched well and started fielding well.  And even better started the sticks hitting.  Many of the JHS kids stepped up in pitching and hitting.  I may be wrong but feel like HB would have won against Fayetteville this last weekend.  Not putting anyone down.  Just HB seemed a little stouter and they would have had Blake on the mound.  Bottom line is JHS played well as a team in the end fought a hard battle to win both the games.  The BOMB hit by Logan was one of the best things I have seen in a while.  3-2 count with 2 outs and JHS was behind late in the game.  Proud for the whole team but have to place that grand slam as the topper of either game.  JHS has far more in the bucket.  They did very well this weekend but have a lot more to give.  HB and Fayetteville are two great teams that may become even stronger with the losses.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas