• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A District Tournaments

Started by arkcrash, September 18, 2018, 06:46:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkcrash

How will the seeding work for the district/conference tournaments?  Will it based off standings overall, or are there still split conferences out there?
Specifically wondering about the 4A Northwest.  Thanks for the help

NORTHWEST
Berryville
Farmington
Gentry
Gravette
Harrison
Huntsville
Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove
Shiloh Christian

Pantherdaddy

How does post season work in each conference?  District tourneys then a regional?  then to a state tourney?

arkcrash

District/Conference tourney then state.  The state bracket is out there on Max Preps.

Pantherdaddy

ok.  so 4 district tourneys and the top 4 go to state. 

Chief_Osceola™

From what I've seen, the state tournament is Valley View's to lose.  Harrison is another one that has a legitimate shot.

NEASPORTSFAN

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on October 05, 2018, 11:40:14 am
no they dont

You mean Harrison? They have some quality wins this season. If you've seen both Harrison and VV this season the please provide some insight. I saw VV at Spikefest and they are really good.

JacketFan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 05, 2018, 01:16:37 pm
You mean Harrison? They have some quality wins this season. If you've seen both Harrison and VV this season the please provide some insight. I saw VV at Spikefest and they are really good.
How is the tournament going in Valley View, where can I follow the progress of this tournament?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JacketFan on October 17, 2018, 09:45:37 am
How is the tournament going in Valley View, where can I follow the progress of this tournament?

No idea. I don't follow 4A too closely but I did see several of the teams play at Spikefest. Based on what I saw, VV is one of the best teams in the state in any classification. You could probably check Maxpreps for score updates. I think they have to be posted by the day after a match takes place. Many coaches will enter results either the same day or the morning after.

JacketFan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 02, 2018, 02:30:45 pm
From what I've seen, the state tournament is Valley View's to lose.  Harrison is another one that has a legitimate shot.
Looks like #4 seed Wynne upset the #1 seed Harrison yesterday in the state tournament in Mena.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JacketFan on October 24, 2018, 08:04:07 am
Looks like #4 seed Wynne upset the #1 seed Harrison yesterday in the state tournament in Mena.

I saw that too.  Great win for Wynne.  The Jackets are solid.  Good size and skill across the board.

I guess that will teach me to speak too soon on a team I haven't seen.  Past results obviously don't insure future success haha.

JacketFan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 24, 2018, 09:59:10 am
I saw that too.  Great win for Wynne.  The Jackets are solid.  Good size and skill across the board.

I guess that will teach me to speak too soon on a team I haven't seen.  Past results obviously don't insure future success haha.
Wynne is a solid team, I sure hate they are on the same side of the bracket with VV, so maybe they can keep it rolling all the way to the finals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas