• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 2

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, September 04, 2018, 06:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

September 04, 2018, 06:11:43 pm Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:37:15 pm by PokeyRedskinStudentScout
Now that everyone has a game in, we can try to see where this season may go, but there's 9 weeks left and obviously any and everything can change. This week has a lot of good games, so here's this week's analysis:
Paragould @ Pocahontas- The Redskins undoubtedly didn't impress against an underrated Nettleton team, but they get back on track this week. The Rams recovered 6 fumbles against Rivercrest, but still fell 43-25.
Redskins- 36 Rams- 13
Osceola @ Gosnell- One of the Mississippi County battles, this one comes down to who is wore down the most. It will be a close one, but I think Osceola's offense tires the Pirates defense, despite their ability to stop the run.
Seminoles- 33 Pirates- 27
Valley View @ Rivercrest- This will be interesting. Opening up "The 'Tez" gives a Rivercrest an advantage, as well as the run game. Valley View can do it anyway they want on offense, and the depth is there for them. Overall, good back and forth game through all 4 quarters until the Colts wear down.
Blazers- 28 Colts- 23
Hoxie @ Westside- Both teams have a lot of confidence, a little too much sometimes. I feel like this comes down to who keeps their heads straight longer. Westside wore down Piggott last week, but Hoxie is deeper to begin with, and have fewer injuries as well. This is a game decided in the 4th as well.
Mustangs- 32 Warriors- 26
Piggott @ Brookland- As previously mentioned, Piggott is beat up and we're worn down by Westside's offense. Brookland runs the same with as much speed and definitely more size/numbers. Brookland finally catches a break and puts win #1 up.
Bearcats- 41 Mohawks- 24
Highland @ Riverview- Highland couldn't muster up enough of a team effort last week to beat Harding Academy, and Riverview is in a similar boat. This one goes to the home team and their speed.
Raiders- 39 Rebels- 27
Shiloh Christian @ Trumann- The Wildcats surprised me, at least, last week by almost beating Hoxie. They're opening a new stadium by welcoming in boys from 6+ hours away. Even though they appear down this year, don't let that or the bus lag deter you from thinking Shiloh won't win.
Saints- 31 Wildcats- 19
Cave City @ Melbourne- At this point, I feel sorry for the Cavemen. The Bearkatz roll easy.
Bearkatz- 54 Cavemen- 20

Coltfan2005

I believe it was the Colts who had 6 fumbles.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 04, 2018, 06:13:45 pm
I believe it was the Colts who had 6 fumbles.
I've heard both. Hootens says Paragould had 6 and I've seen somewhere else it was Rivercrest.

Redskin2015

Pocahontas will have it much easier this week I don't think we will see the type of speed Nettleton had until the playoffs, if the colts can clean up mental mistakes they can beat VV, gosnell and Osceola should be battle and could turn into a shootout

Coltfan2005

6 turnovers for the Colts, two inside the 20.

bigchief72455

Pretty sound predictions. The RC and VV game could go either way. It really depends on which team shows up.

Coltfan2005

Pokey has a chance this week to iron out some wrinkles, even running at half steam they should beat the Rams. Need to get the ball in a certain players hands more often, to be truthful this kid should be getting more touches than anyone else on the team. If the same Pokey squad shows up and the Rams win, it will be a long season for Pokey.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

He definitely should be involved in the game plan more. Even if it means letting him return kicks, just get the ball his way and let him do the rest. He's got more speed than anyone obviously and if the Rams fail to contain him, it's over for them

Coltfan2005

Someone send a note to the coaches, cause last week they sort of forgot that.

bootlegger

Pokey had better be ready for rams running back Davd Williams he ran for nearly 300 yards on rivercrest,he is a very good back if pokey can  stop him they can win easily.

etowneraser

I watched the whole game last week.  Pocahontas vs Nettleton.  My $0.02.
Dawson Chester is not ready to play Varsity QB.  I don't know to pretend to understand why Devon is not at QB, however, his numbers from last year suggest that he should be at QB.  As with past Pokie Teams, there is a lack of Team size and speed.  I will be watching again on Friday and sadly, I give the edge to Paragould.  I hope to be proved wrong.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

The defense did a really good job in the first half against Nettleton. Turnovers and not being able to find a strong gameplan on offense killed them in the long run. Paragould is built nothing like Nettleton, and if the offense can get going then it could be a long night for Paragould as long as the D holds up

bigchief72455

September 05, 2018, 10:58:09 pm #12 Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:10:11 am by bigchief72455
I think Pocahontas will come out and play much better on offense. The defense held up ok against Nettleton but when the O is 3 and out every series it wears on you. Paragould is good but I do not believe they can play against the pass as well. Nettleton was able to cover up the pass by dropping 8 and rushing 3 quite a few times  and they had the personnel to do it. From what I have seen Paragould does not look to be that athletic. Qb situation is fine. The sophomore performed well at Valley View in all situations. He was just up against a superior defense last week. The Skins won't roll over Paragould but I think they will get the W.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 05, 2018, 10:58:09 pm
I think Pocahontas will come out and play much better on offense. The defense held up ok against Nettleton but when the O is 3 and out every series it wears on you. Paragould is good but I do not believe they can play against the pass as well. Nettleton was able to cover up the pass by dropping 8 and rushing 3 quite a few times  and they had the personnel to do it. From what I have seen Paragould does not look to be that athletic. Qb situation is fine. The sophomore performed well at Valley View in all situations. He was just up against a superior defense last week. The Skins won't roll over Paragould but I think they will get the W.
I think the Redskins will dispatch the Rams pretty easily I've never really seen a good Paragould team they weren't that good when they beat us in 2013 either that was just a very bad year

bigchief72455

Game Day. Best of luck to every one tonight. Safe travels and injury free. Would be nice if we could all stay dry tonight too.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Tonight looks like it might have some mud bogs on grass and skating on turf

redandgray

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 04, 2018, 07:14:47 pm
6 turnovers for the Colts, two inside the 20.

This is correct.  2 fumbles lost and 4 onside kicks recovered by Paragould

redandgray

Rivercrest has talent, but had a lot to clean up from their game with Paragould.  Defense didn't play well at all and offense looked just OK at times.  That said, Rivercrest could've easily scored in the 60s.  So, I think they'll be just fine in time.  Is a week time enough?  Great question.  They'll have to step up their game quite a bit this week to beat Valley View.

The Colts lost 32-29 last year.  Should've won that game.  Lost 2 fumbles inside the 10 going in to score in the last 7 minutes of the game to put it away.  The Blazers scored a TD and then kicked the game-winning field goal with just over a minute left in regulation. 

It should be a great game tonight.  It'll be interesting to see how or if the weather will affect this game.

GO COLTS!!!

bigchief72455

Quote from: redandgray on September 07, 2018, 11:18:39 am
Rivercrest has talent, but had a lot to clean up from their game with Paragould.  Defense didn't play well at all and offense looked just OK at times.  That said, Rivercrest could've easily scored in the 60s.  So, I think they'll be just fine in time.  Is a week time enough?  Great question.  They'll have to step up their game quite a bit this week to beat Valley View.

The Colts lost 32-29 last year.  Should've won that game.  Lost 2 fumbles inside the 10 going in to score in the last 7 minutes of the game to put it away.  The Blazers scored a TD and then kicked the game-winning field goal with just over a minute left in regulation. 

It should be a great game tonight.  It'll be interesting to see how or if the weather will affect this game.

GO COLTS!!!
Good luck tonight Colts.

Coltfan2005

I'm hoping for a rainy windy night. ::)

redandgray

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Ya'll prove me wrong and beat them Blazers tonight while opening "The 'Tez"

Redskin2015

Quote from: redandgray on September 07, 2018, 02:16:27 pm
Thanks bigchief!
Exciting night for the colts wishing best of luck hope y'all are used to that turf

redandgray

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 07, 2018, 02:33:04 pm
Ya'll prove me wrong and beat them Blazers tonight while opening "The 'Tez"
Thanks!  Sure hoping that happens!

redandgray

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 07, 2018, 02:34:23 pm
Exciting night for the colts wishing best of luck hope y'all are used to that turf
Thanks Redskin2015!  We love the turf!

Redskin2015

It's pouring in walnut ridge right now

Coltfan2005

so far, the defensive cord for VV is schooling the off cord for Rivercrest

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Paragould has 5 penalties in 7 1/2 minutes. 4 are false starts

Redskin2015

501Arkansas

Osceola 7
Gosnell 8

4:20 left in first quarter

501Arkansas

Osceola 14
Gosnell 8

36 secs Left in the 1st quarter

Redskin2015

Csa17

Trumann 7 shiloh Christian 7- 7:22 left in first half

bigchief72455

Pocahontas 28
Paragould 7
End of 1st

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest playing pretty good def so far 10-7 colts over VV
5:20 left in 1st half

501Arkansas

Osceola 21
Gosnell 8

6:30 left Til halftime

501Arkansas

Osceola 21
Gosnell 8

Halftime

RiceMan3

Brookland is lucky Piggott got cute right before halftime.  Been getting chunk play ALL night.  Brookland coach went for it on 4th & 4 from pretty much midlfield with 1:58 left in half. It failed. Piggott takes over up 24-7, threw on second & third downs. QB got drilled, fumbled, scooped by Brookland and housed it. 24-14 when it could've been 31-7.

I don't see a win on Brookland's schedule.... and it's not because the talent. Deduct what you will.

Redskin2015

Redskins 41
Rams 14
Halftime

501Arkansas

Osceola 27
Gosnell 14

3:40 left in the 3rd

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest defense playing great game. Great pursuit, causing turnovers, clean tackles.

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Osceola 35
Gosnell 22

4:18 left in the game

501Arkansas

Osceola 35
Gosnell 30

1:20 left in the game

Redskin2015

Redskins 48
Rams 21
Final
Redskins looked much improved

501Arkansas

Osceola 35
Gosnell 30
Final

Redskin2015

Anybody got a score on Rivercrest  valley view?

Coltfan2005

Lumberjackfan1978

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 04, 2018, 06:11:43 pm
Now that everyone has a game in, we can try to see where this season may go, but there's 9 weeks left and obviously any and everything can change. This week has a lot of good games, so here's this week's analysis:
Paragould @ Pocahontas- The Redskins undoubtedly didn't impress against an underrated Nettleton team, but they get back on track this week. The Rams recovered 6 fumbles against Rivercrest, but still fell 43-25.
Redskins- 36 Rams- 13
Osceola @ Gosnell- One of the Mississippi County battles, this one comes down to who is wore down the most. It will be a close one, but I think Osceola's offense tires the Pirates defense, despite their ability to stop the run.
Seminoles- 33 Pirates- 27
Valley View @ Rivercrest- This will be interesting. Opening up "The 'Tez" gives a Rivercrest an advantage, as well as the run game. Valley View can do it anyway they want on offense, and the depth is there for them. Overall, good back and forth game through all 4 quarters until the Colts wear down.
Blazers- 28 Colts- 23
Hoxie @ Westside- Both teams have a lot of confidence, a little too much sometimes. I feel like this comes down to who keeps their heads straight longer. Westside wore down Piggott last week, but Hoxie is deeper to begin with, and have fewer injuries as well. This is a game decided in the 4th as well.
Mustangs- 32 Warriors- 26
Piggott @ Brookland- As previously mentioned, Piggott is beat up and we're worn down by Westside's offense. Brookland runs the same with as much speed and definitely more size/numbers. Brookland finally catches a break and puts win #1 up.
Bearcats- 41 Mohawks- 24
Highland @ Riverview- Highland couldn't muster up enough of a team effort last week to beat Harding Academy, and Riverview is in a similar boat. This one goes to the home team and their speed.
Raiders- 39 Rebels- 27
Shiloh Christian @ Trumann- The Wildcats surprised me, at least, last week by almost beating Hoxie. They're opening a new stadium by welcoming in boys from 6+ hours away. Even though they appear down this year, don't let that or the bus lag deter you from thinking Shiloh won't win.
Saints- 31 Wildcats- 19
Cave City @ Melbourne- At this point, I feel sorry for the Cavemen. The Bearkatz roll easy.
Bearkatz- 54 Cavemen- 20

Not enough faith in Rivercrest or Westside and too much faith in Brookland.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas