• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardy @ PG

Started by Lizard47, September 01, 2018, 12:25:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard47

So........ Give me your thoughts everyone. I've had this one marked as our biggest test this year with Ozark coming in second on that list. We finally made it over the Chucktown hump though just barely. Still feels good to get a win on the road against a good program. It was a heck of an entertaining game too. So how are we gonna fare on the road at PG?

x14113

After tonight, it might be looking like Charleston will have been your toughest OOC game.

First thought; I'd give the Lizards the edge as the Tigers are in danger of trending down.

bilboswaggins

It should be a great game! Hope you all have a safe trip to Prairie Grove next week!

lizard1989

I don't know much about Prairie Grove, but I hope the Lizards play like I know they are capable of.

bilboswaggins

I hear Dardy doesn't do well against the Wing T.

Lizard47

Way better than a lot of teams, we see it or a version of it on a regular basis. It all comes down to discipline on defense. Vega will have a good defensive game plan for Friday.

Gray lizard

Should be a great game.  I think Dardanelle will do fine against the wing T.  Dardanelle has a lot of good players.  They don't have any great players, but play well as a team.  You need to keep their offence off the field to beat them.

Lizard47

Hopefully there will be some fumbles and picks created. We will have to play a solid game on defense for sure. It is a huge test and a welcome one as our OOC games have been weak in the past with the exception of Chuck of course.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: bilboswaggins on September 04, 2018, 12:49:09 pm
I hear Dardy doesn't do well against the Wing T.
Your source is no EF Hutton.

Lizard47

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 04, 2018, 01:31:35 pm
Your source is no EF Hutton.
I also hear the Dardy line is huge but slow. I hear that the skill positions are manned by undersized kids. P.G. gonna lay the wood as them stuggart folks like to say.

Lizard47

Well they're not gonna stand still waiting on the wood, that's for sure. They may be tougher than you think, probably harder to get a solid lick on too. We'll all see soon enough. I gave respect by considering PG a quality opponent and you wanna speculate about how we're not? These boys are not intimidated or afraid. They've all seen worse.

Lizard47

My worst fear at this point is that the weather is gonna be problematic for players and fans alike of both teams. I don't mind a little rain but the forecast doesn't say little.

Gray lizard

You will not even need a umbrella for the game.

Lizard47

I don't use one regardless, I'm a die hard fan. I want to see us travel well though and I realize others might not be so hearty.

nastynice

Lizard47

Dardanelle by one score in a close one on the road. I may be wrong about who wins but I think I'm right when I say it will be a tough, close, hard fought game for sure.

LineStepper

Doesn't PG stream their games on You Tube? I'd like to see this one (and stay dry).

Lizard47

I don't know about PG but Dardy does. There's a link on the Dardanelle high school home page. I'm pretty sure PG does as well.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: LineStepper on September 07, 2018, 09:57:30 am
Doesn't PG stream their games on You Tube? I'd like to see this one (and stay dry).

Here you go...  It is done very well...

http://pgtelco.com/?q=prairie-grove-sports

LineStepper

September 07, 2018, 10:17:37 am #20 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:43:39 am by LineStepper
Thanks!

B&GT

I'm sad to say, PG does not appear to be a quality opponent.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: B&GT on September 07, 2018, 09:45:19 pm
I'm sad to say, PG does not appear to be a quality opponent.
Why would you say that?

B&GT

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 07, 2018, 10:32:19 pm
Why would you say that?

Well, they looked pretty rough. Some of it's stuff they can fix, and some of it is just the obvious drop in talent from recent years.

Lizard47

Some of it was Dardanelle tonight. Great job boys, way to hang in there and get it done! I hope the open week is enough to get #1 back on his feet.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: B&GT on September 07, 2018, 10:42:00 pm
Well, they looked pretty rough. Some of it's stuff they can fix, and some of it is just the obvious drop in talent from recent years.
Maybe it's because they still have fans who speak that way.......

Lizard47

Looks like Dardanelle's big slow linemen and undersized skill players brought that wood tonight.

lizard1989

I know #3 brought it a few times!

Lizard47

Quote from: lizard1989 on September 08, 2018, 06:21:52 am
I know #3 brought it a few times!

That ain't no lie! Great linebacking!

JasperCountyNative

I doubt that it had a significant impact, but it there sure did seem to be a ton of penalties on both sides.  :(

beach bum

September 08, 2018, 09:17:45 am #30 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:19:57 am by beach bum
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 07, 2018, 10:32:19 pm
Why would you say that?

Because this is the worst Prairie Grove team in a decade and its not even close. This PG team is awful by PG standards.... This win is in no way indicative of how Dardanelle will fair when they play a top dog in the playoffs. PG is that bad this year. When you're worried that you may lose to Lincoln for the first time in 3 decades that tells you everything you need to know about where Prairie Grove is this year.

Lizard47

Oh well, we had to start somewhere.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: beach bum on September 08, 2018, 09:17:45 am

Because this is the worst Prairie Grove team in a decade and its not even close. This PG team is awful by PG standards.... This win is in no way indicative of how Dardanelle will fair when they play a top dog in the playoffs. PG is that bad this year. When you're worried that you may lose to Lincoln for the first time in 3 decades that tells you everything you need to know about where Prairie Grove is this year.
Wow just 2 games in and the motivational talks from the locals are in reverse! Playing and coaching in the grove must be a tall order!

beach bum

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 08, 2018, 09:54:17 am
Wow just 2 games in and the motivational talks from the locals are in reverse! Playing and coaching in the grove must be a tall order!

It's called being realistic. No one should be fed a false narrative just to feel good. No kids will read this cause if they are then the coaches are not doing a very good job of letting their kids know they should be no where near this site so I don't really see what harm honest comments can harm? In my opinion coaches should not probably be on this site or read it either if they can not handle honest discussion either. Most of them that are on here seem to be able to though. It's not like people are on here personally bashing kids' performances. I have basically never seen that on this site which is how it should be! So I don't see what a general comment of saying a team is way down on this site is hurting anyone personally? Prairie Grove does not have the athletes that a Nashville, Warren, or Robinson has so their magic carpet ride of 65 wins in 6 years had to come to an end at some point and it appears that is now. Again, if I was personally attacking players or talking bad about a staff then that would be one thing, but making a general comment of the team is down is just stating the obvious.

Sigmund Sauer

Oh, you haven't bashed any players. I just thought it odd I never saw any of this discussion about how terrible PG is before the Dardy loss.

lizard1989

I agree, before the game, there were comments made about how good PG was. I am not taking anything from them, they played a good game, but Dardanelle is a good team and the win shouldn't be marred by comments saying that the reason they won was because PG isn't a good team.

JasperCountyNative

September 08, 2018, 07:29:53 pm #36 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:00:04 pm by JasperCountyNative

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: beach bum on September 08, 2018, 10:32:49 am

It's called being realistic. No one should be fed a false narrative just to feel good. No kids will read this cause if they are then the coaches are not doing a very good job of letting their kids know they should be no where near this site so I don't really see what harm honest comments can harm? In my opinion coaches should not probably be on this site or read it either if they can not handle honest discussion either. Most of them that are on here seem to be able to though. It's not like people are on here personally bashing kids' performances. I have basically never seen that on this site which is how it should be! So I don't see what a general comment of saying a team is way down on this site is hurting anyone personally? Prairie Grove does not have the athletes that a Nashville, Warren, or Robinson has so their magic carpet ride of 65 wins in 6 years had to come to an end at some point and it appears that is now. Again, if I was personally attacking players or talking bad about a staff then that would be one thing, but making a general comment of the team is down is just stating the obvious.
Trust me, both kids and coaches read this.

The Coach

Interesting that the same poster who says PG isn't very good is the same poster who said "Dardy will taste reality when they play PG" just a couple weeks ago. Dardanelle did what they needed to do to get a solid road win.

beach bum

Quote from: The Coach on September 08, 2018, 08:23:35 pm
Interesting that the same poster who says PG isn't very good is the same poster who said "Dardy will taste reality when they play PG" just a couple weeks ago. Dardanelle did what they needed to do to get a solid road win.

I guess you haven't figured my posting habits.... Ask the Pea Ridge guys

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: beach bum on September 08, 2018, 08:45:10 pm

I guess you haven't figured my posting habits.... Ask the Pea Ridge guys

So, only the Pea Ridge folk understand your code? Maybe if we move to NW Arkansas, grow a manbun, carry a murse and drink some Starbucks iced coffee we can communicate better. Because all I see is excuses.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas