• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Same system throughout!

Started by smurf_you91, August 30, 2018, 07:37:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smurf_you91

Do you think a team would be more successful of they basically ran the same plays from start to finish say like Booneville and Charleston or change things up every year having to learn something new let me know what you think!

Red Devil Dad

Same system through out makes sense.  Start with the basics when they are young and progress as they get older. If you have a coaching change though it's all for nothing.

smurf_you91

We have had the same high school coach since 2011 but none of our grades run the same plays which I think hurts when you get to high school

phdefense

August 30, 2018, 10:27:02 pm #3 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:03:40 am by phdefense
Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 30, 2018, 07:37:36 pm
Do you think a team would be more successful of they basically ran the same plays from start to finish say like Booneville and Charleston or change things up every year having to learn something new let me know what you think!
I agree with the same system concept. Junior High coaches that run their own thing need to check their egos and do what is best in the long run. Nobody gets nominated for the coaching Hall of Fame for jr high conference titles/victories(exception for the Ozark JV).

This is one of the biggest things I disagree with as far as the current Stuttgart football program and how they operate.

STUNNA

Majority of Warrens peewee teams throw it more on a saturday morning than majority of the high school teams in 4A.

smurf_you91

I just feel like if the play books were the same throughout like a lot schools here then the ones who are loaded with talent would be able to use that talent instead of oh you tan so and so in Jr high that's cute we are a so and so team now.

LakeRat

Having a consistent program from pee wee, middle school and high school sounds logical, but not very practical to implement. Especially involving non-school sanctioned leagues in which the school programs have no direct involvement role.

Basics can be taught consistently at any level but then offensive/defensive schemes have to play to the talent pool within a team and that varies extremely year to year especially given the variations of physical and mental growth development at these ages. In my opinion there's just too many moving parts to keep any of these programs on the same system. 

arthurhawgerelli

Well, some people don't understand that the same system might allow for what appear to be completely different looks at times.  Some 7th grade and JH's don't have qb's ready to run the entire playbook of the system, so it might look like a different system, and what not. Or on defense, the younger guys will not be able to run some of the more detailed packages the high school will run.

These same people who love to critique are clueless that these same programs usually use the same numbering system, nomenclature, and everything they will need to be prepared when they move on to the high school.  Think of it as elementary math, or pre-algebra before moving on to the higher math.

I find it worse that sometimes folks, who only played 7th grade football think they are experts on the game, and they continually embarrass themselves by posting constantly on a board that was actually started to build up high school and school age football with positive messages, but some folks just tear down the teams they claim to love.  If that's all you do when you post here, don't give yourself some cute little funny handle, be a man and tell everybody who you are.  Don't switch names all the time when people have figured out your act.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 30, 2018, 10:46:14 pm
Majority of Warrens peewee teams throw it more on a saturday morning than majority of the high school teams in 4A.

And the head coach of the high school team is there coordinating it in some form of fashion..

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2018, 09:18:42 am
And the head coach of the high school team is there coordinating it in some form of fashion..
Yep and some of the high school kids help coach the teams.

nastynice

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on August 31, 2018, 09:02:47 am
Well, some people don't understand that the same system might allow for what appear to be completely different looks at times.  Some 7th grade and JH's don't have qb's ready to run the entire playbook of the system, so it might look like a different system, and what not. Or on defense, the younger guys will not be able to run some of the more detailed packages the high school will run.

These same people who love to critique are clueless that these same programs usually use the same numbering system, nomenclature, and everything they will need to be prepared when they move on to the high school.  Think of it as elementary math, or pre-algebra before moving on to the higher math.

I find it worse that sometimes folks, who only played 7th grade football think they are experts on the game, and they continually embarrass themselves by posting constantly on a board that was actually started to build up high school and school age football with positive messages, but some folks just tear down the teams they claim to love.  If that's all you do when you post here, don't give yourself some cute little funny handle, be a man and tell everybody who you are. Don't switch names all the time when people have figured out your act.

Well, what's your name then?

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on August 31, 2018, 09:02:47 am

I find it worse that sometimes folks, who only played 7th grade football think they are experts on the game, and they continually embarrass themselves by posting constantly on a board that was actually started to build up high school and school age football with positive messages, but some folks just tear down the teams they claim to love.  If that's all you do when you post here, don't give yourself some cute little funny handle, be a man and tell everybody who you are.  Don't switch names all the time when people have figured out your act.

I post my name at the end of almost all of my posts.  I have nothing to hide on here and always try to give my honest opinion.  At the end of the day, while I might disagree or see things differently and sometimes have some critiques of the Warren coaching staff--I respect the heck out of all of them and appreciate everything they've done to get Warren football to where it is today. 

I also think Warren fans as a whole are quick to critique our Lumberjacks but we'll also fiercely defend the boys and our coaches.  I think each of us realize what a blessing it is to have a team that's dominant and has been in prominence as  long as Warren has with such sustained success.  I'm also proud of Warren posters because while we take losing really hard (which is a GREAT thing) we are also quick to congratulate a team when they beat us, and can acknowledge when our teams are out-coached or outplayed. 

Proud to be a Warren High alum, proud to have played under Coach Hembree and proud to support the Orange and Black every Friday night, even if from afar. 

-Kyle

redandgray

I think any school programs under the high school should run the same offense as the high school with the same terminology.

arthurhawgerelli

August 31, 2018, 01:40:50 pm #13 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:42:32 pm by arthurhawgerelli
Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 31, 2018, 11:53:28 am
I post my name at the end of almost all of my posts.  I have nothing to hide on here and always try to give my honest opinion.  At the end of the day, while I might disagree or see things differently and sometimes have some critiques of the Warren coaching staff--I respect the heck out of all of them and appreciate everything they've done to get Warren football to where it is today. 

I also think Warren fans as a whole are quick to critique our Lumberjacks but we'll also fiercely defend the boys and our coaches.  I think each of us realize what a blessing it is to have a team that's dominant and has been in prominence as  long as Warren has with such sustained success.  I'm also proud of Warren posters because while we take losing really hard (which is a GREAT thing) we are also quick to congratulate a team when they beat us, and can acknowledge when our teams are out-coached or outplayed. 

Proud to be a Warren High alum, proud to have played under Coach Hembree and proud to support the Orange and Black every Friday night, even if from afar. 

-Kyle

There's a difference in posting and disagreeing about something, and just constantly negative posting.  You are a great poster.  You don't bring constant negativity.  It's threads like this overall thread that wear me out, and the threads where posters question everything, not just a "why did he go for it on his own 10" type of posts.  Having said that, I think lots of folks criticize the young coaches for not running the same system as the head coach, and don't know the entire story. 

Like I said, most people are clueless as to what the actual mindset of the local coaching staff.  I know some spread coaches who direct their jr high and middle school coaches to run something like the wing T or wishbone, or power I so the young kids learn toughness.  They will use components of the high school system, as mentioned, the nomenclature, position names, etc., but the philosophy will obviously be a bit different. 

Not all coaches are the next Nick Saban; in fact there probably isn't a next Nick Saban.  Being a coach is hard because anybody who has ever played catch out in the yard thinks he/she knows better than the local coach.  I've heard people yell and scream from the stands for the coach to call a certain play, or play or bench specific athletes.  Those folks think paying 3-5 bucks entitles them to destroy a kid's self worth when they play, but usually that isn't their goal, but it is the outcome.  Same thing with questioning a program on a message board. 

It's okay to discuss this very subject, but some of the posters with opinions bring the same old, weak negative crap, and are obviously questioning the coaches, and don't realize that what they think they have figured out, is nowhere near the truth.

Gray lizard

This is a message board.  I enjoy it very much maybe to much.  You get what you get.  If you don't like what someone post just move on.  You are not forced to post a reply.  I admit I do not understand a lot of coaching tactics.  I can see talent and misuse of it by several coaches over the years.  The biggest problem I have is seeing a lot of coaches or schools that can not develop a team.  We all have seen it.  Teams loaded with talent that just can not win. I also like to see coaches that adjust their play book to the players they have on the team.  Like I said I don't know a lot.  I am just a retired Pee Wee coach, which beat ever team in our conference my last year. that ought to give me more clout than the average 7th grade player right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas