• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Paragould

Started by redandgray, August 30, 2018, 08:54:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

What are your thoughts on this one?

AirWarren

I have to go to Paragould for my job once a month. From the expectations of the people in the community and how they talk about their team....Rivercrest should blow the rams out of the water.

"There ain't a lot of good football up this way...." as I was told.

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2018, 08:57:38 am
I have to go to Paragould for my job once a month. From the expectations of the people in the community and how they talk about their team....Rivercrest should blow the rams out of the water.

"There ain't a lot of good football up this way...." as I was told.
Most of the crowd is there for their band. Paragould will not be able to shut down the Colts ground attack. Colts control this game from start to finish.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 30, 2018, 09:06:52 am
Most of the crowd is there for their band. Paragould will not be able to shut down the Colts ground attack. Colts control this game from start to finish.
No joke about the band... At Paragould, they're like "Here's our band, oh, and we guess a football team?" Not to mention the fact that they have pictures of the senior band members on the fence

bigchief72455

It is probably their largest program.

Coltfan2005

Well...it is a really good band.

redandgray

They really do have a good band.  As far as senior banners, Rivercrest has senior members of all sports, cheerleaders, and band members on the fence around the new field. 

It'll be interesting to see how Rivercrest starts under new coaching.  For the past several years, the Colts have started slowly (there were exceptions, but for the most part slowly).  In 2016, the Colts got hammered by a terrible Paragould team.  It was the only game Paragould won, the Colts went on to make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and only lost 3 games that year.  Last year, the Colts dominated from start to finish. 

I'm just glad high school football season is back!!!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: redandgray on August 30, 2018, 10:29:23 am
They really do have a good band.  As far as senior banners, Rivercrest has senior members of all sports, cheerleaders, and band members on the fence around the new field. 

It'll be interesting to see how Rivercrest starts under new coaching.  For the past several years, the Colts have started slowly (there were exceptions, but for the most part slowly).  In 2016, the Colts got hammered by a terrible Paragould team.  It was the only game Paragould won, the Colts went on to make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and only lost 3 games that year.  Last year, the Colts dominated from start to finish. 

I'm just glad high school football season is back!!!

Most High school teams do start a little slow. The loss that year was a combination of over confidence, poor execution on offense, and confusion on the defensive side.

redandgray

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 30, 2018, 11:54:56 am
Most High school teams do start a little slow. The loss that year was a combination of over confidence, poor execution on offense, and confusion on the defensive side.

To an extent. The loss that year was mostly due to the offensive line being severely out of shape.  Our best linemen who dominated later in that year, could barely get out of a stance and were getting knocked into the backfield.  By mid-season, they were monsters on the line.

ISU7

Colts won't take any team light. Good luck Colts. Praying for safe travels and an injury free game.

Razorhummer

Lumberjackfan1978

redandgray

OB11

Coltfan2005

ISU7

redandgray

6 turnovers and 11 penalties didn't help.
Paragould recovered 4 onside kicks.
The Colts fumbled twice inside the 20 going in.

There will be plenty to work on this week!  Should be fine.

Redskin2015

Quote from: redandgray on September 01, 2018, 09:35:29 am
6 turnovers and 11 penalties didn't help.
Paragould recovered 4 onside kicks.
The Colts fumbled twice inside the 20 going in.

There will be plenty to work on this week!  Should be fine.
Everybody's still working the wrinkles out colts play VV next week correct?

ISU7

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 01, 2018, 10:44:58 am
Everybody's still working the wrinkles out colts play VV next week correct?
Correct.

Redskin2015

Quote from: ISU7 on September 01, 2018, 11:15:26 am
Correct.
Should be closer but if rivercrest can work out the kinks I'll take them

ISU7

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 01, 2018, 09:34:43 pm
Should be closer but if rivercrest can work out the kinks I'll take them
Hopefully they learn too cover the onside kick. smh :o >:( :-X
Good luck against Paragould Redskin2015 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas