• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Class 4A Playoff Bracket

Started by x14113, August 28, 2018, 09:14:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

whippersnapper

So.....arkadelphia is losing in the first round again to a 5 seed right?

x14113

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 28, 2018, 09:35:12 pm
So.....arkadelphia is losing in the first round again to a 5 seed right?

Bonus points if Mena's the R1 opponent again.

bulldoghistorian

If you're in the 8, you want that 1st or 2nd spot!

smurf_you91

So that means Ozark goes in as a third seed travels four hours south to vs Hamburg then plays at home against Mena then travels to a Booneville equivalent then heads four and a half hours north to play highland the two hrs to little Rock for it all right?

Trojanbird

My gosh, it is way too early for this!  If not then where is Dewitt in the equatio?  Did they not take out the favorite of that lame conference?

beach bum

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 28, 2018, 11:12:47 pm
So that means Ozark goes in as a third seed travels four hours south to vs Hamburg then plays at home against Mena then travels to a Booneville equivalent then heads four and a half hours north to play highland the two hrs to little Rock for it all right?

You literally described what was one of the easiest paths ever to make a state finals in 4A.... Wasn't Mena a 5 seed that year?

smurf_you91

A 5 seed that beat Arkadelphia in the first round! But you know it's funny really because had Charleston, Booneville, or really any other team in the state had traveled that much the year they went to state it would have been an amazing unbelievable feat but since Ozark did it, it was the easiest path to the rock. Dude get outta here.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 29, 2018, 09:33:54 am
A 5 seed that beat Arkadelphia in the first round! But you know it's funny really because had Charleston, Booneville, or really any other team in the state had traveled that much the year they went to state it would have been an amazing unbelievable feat but since Ozark did it, it was the easiest path to the rock. Dude get outta here.

It was the easiest path because of the teams you played, not the travel. You were a 3 seed, of course you were going to have to travel.

smurf_you91

Sugartown yes the first two rounds were give me's I'll agree! But in the quarters we beat Booneville for a second time that season and I can think of only one other team that's done that and that same Bearcats team won it all the next season beating Warren. Then we traveled to highland who at the time was the number 1 team in 4A they were undefeated and put up 40-60 points a game and won pretty much every game they played that season by 14 or more so how was that easy?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 29, 2018, 09:43:07 am
Sugartown yes the first two rounds were give me's I'll agree! But in the quarters we beat Booneville for a second time that season and I can think of only one other team that's done that and that same Bearcats team won it all the next season beating Warren. Then we traveled to highland who at the time was the number 1 team in 4A they were undefeated and put up 40-60 points a game and won pretty much every game they played that season by 14 or more so how was that easy?

Highland was never anywhere near #1. Stuttgart was #1 from week 5 on till the end of the season.

Gray lizard

You should know unless you are from the 7, 8 or Stuttgart you must of had an easy path if you get to the third round.

smurf_you91

Man I guess! I mean they probably think that if us, dardy, or Pottsville end up getting first in our conference and play either Arkadelphia or Robinson in the quarters that that will be an easy road as well.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 29, 2018, 09:51:06 am
You should know unless you are from the 7, 8 or Stuttgart you must of had an easy path if you get to the third round.

Stuttgart actually had a pretty easy path in 2012, a bye and then all home games.

x14113

Speaking of draws...The 4 actually seems to have a better go of it for once.

--Top seed gets a winnable R2 game following the bye.

--2nd seed will likely get to gauge the strength of the 1; 5th seed in R1, followed by its 1st seed.

--3rd seed gets one of the 3's weaker teams, with the 2's top seed lying in wait.

--4th and 5th seeds get fed to the 7...or at least the AAA is trying to...

Speaking of 5th seeds, it's pretty amusing that the 7's 5th is being sent northeast again. Malvern might as well be as Cassandra here.

bulldoghistorian

The 8's path:
Top seed: Host the 2's 5th place team in round 1 followed by possibly the 3rd place team from the 7 then possibly a trip to Southside or Stuttgart the day after thanksgiving.
The 2nd seed is guaranteed to host in the 1st 2 rounds just like the top seed. They would host the 4th place finisher from the 2 in round 1 then could host maybe a Pea Ridge before likely going on the road the 3rd round to the champion of the 3, or the 2nd of the 2.
The 3rd seed has a home game in round 1 against the 3rd from 1, but then is likely headed to Robinson in round 2.
The 4th and 5th seeds get sent to North West Arkansas in the 1st round.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas