• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rogers @ Joe T Robinson

Started by RyanLR, August 27, 2018, 07:58:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Robinson had a tough game to start, on the road at 7A-West Springdale. Robinson hung with them for 3 quarters but the Bulldogs depth wore out the Senators 48-28. This week another 7A-West team Rogers comes to West Little Rock for the Senators home opener. Will be a packed house for sure. Rogers had an open date last week (how does that happen?) so we don't have much film to look at. This nonconference schedule for Joe T doesn't get much easier next week as they travel to Camden Fairview.

scrapman

Robinson should crush Fairview. If they don't then you should get worried about this years Robinson team. As for Rogers...no clue

OrangeCrush.

Rogers struggles in 7A. I don't know how that will translate to playing a 4A team. Depth vs talent. Wouldn't surprise me if either team wins, should be a good one.

richboy

Quote from: scrapman on August 27, 2018, 08:01:04 pm
Robinson should crush Fairview. If they don't then you should get worried about this years Robinson team. As for Rogers...no clue
yeah Robinson should beat Fairview. Rogers, no clue.

AirWarren

All come down to line play.

Watching the Joe t game last week, they were playing a lot of players both ways on the line. Springdale eventually wore them down.

richboy

Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2018, 10:31:47 am
All come down to line play.

Watching the Joe t game last week, they were playing a lot of players both ways on the line. Springdale eventually wore them down.
what's your prediction on the arkadelphia vs Benton game? I don't see a thread for them

AirWarren

August 28, 2018, 10:59:10 am #6 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:01:28 am by AirWarren
Quote from: richboy on August 28, 2018, 10:56:51 am
what's your prediction on the arkadelphia vs Benton game? I don't see a thread for them

Honestly, not sure. If Arkadelphia has had to replace it's entire line and Benton is as deep as I have heard, it could be a win for Benton. I had heard that Benton had as many players out as Bryant did this year. That depth could take a toll on Arkadelphia over the game.

I may try to attend the game. Not sure yet.

As far as this mountees/senators game.....Roger's isn't some powerhouse by any means. Maybe one of the worst teams in the state year in and year out and for sure one of the worst in the 7A. I could see Joe T "out athleting" them early and Rogers not being able to catch them.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

soccerman

I was at the Salt Bowl and on the Benton side watching, and I do not think Arky will be able to slow down #23 from Benton. Guy is a beast and was running over Bryant players. For Robinson and Rogers, I think Robinson could pull it out but maybe by 14 at best. Just didn't feel like they had the passing game going for em this year

AirWarren

Quote from: soccerman on August 29, 2018, 07:19:35 am
I was at the Salt Bowl and on the Benton side watching, and I do not think Arky will be able to slow down #23 from Benton. Guy is a beast and was running over Bryant players. For Robinson and Rogers, I think Robinson could pull it out but maybe by 14 at best. Just didn't feel like they had the passing game going for em this year

#23 is a very good player.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

richboy

Quote from: soccerman on August 29, 2018, 07:19:35 am
arkys defense is the same from last year and from watching, Benton has a hard time stopping the run. Zion and cannon could cause them alot of trouble.

$aintMaximu$

I think Robinson wins this one...

Superjack45

Robinson should take this one too many weapons.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 27, 2018, 08:03:44 pm
Rogers struggles in 7A. I don't know how that will translate to playing a 4A team. Depth vs talent. Wouldn't surprise me if either team wins, should be a good one.

When the 4A and 5A teams in central AR step up to play the NWA 7A teams (Springdale excluded), it seems everyone points out the 7A teams are in an off year.  Interesting.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2018, 11:07:59 am
When the 4A and 5A teams in central AR step up to play the NWA 7A teams (Springdale excluded), it seems everyone points out the 7A teams are in an off year.  Interesting.
Rogers has never had anything but off years.

smurf_you91

Rodgers played for state in 06' lol

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 30, 2018, 12:55:13 pm
Rodgers played for state in 06' lol
How many winning seasons have they had since then? Or in the past 20 years?  1 good season doesn't make you relevant.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 30, 2018, 11:07:59 am

I feel like Rogers, Heritage, and Van Buren is significantly different. Haha

Maynard G Krebs

Joe T up 21-0 end of first qtr.  2nd team QB seeing action already. 

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-28

Rogers-0

Both QB's are playing as Greyson Tackett and Buddy Gaston have both hurled TD passes to Mekel Kentle. Zaytron Waits also has about 100 yards rushing already. Defense dominating.

RyanLR

Rogers finally gets a First Down.

RyanLR

Robinson gets an interception!!! Tackled at the 1 yard line!! Almost a pick six. Tackett passes on third down to Colin Coats from 2 yards away for a TD.

Joe T Robinson-35

Rogers-0

7:53 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

Rogers is livestreaming if anybody is interested

RyanLR

Well it's 35-0 at the Half and Rogers has two first downs, and two interceptions.

Maynard G Krebs

Robinson looks really good.  Hopefully they'll go all the way this year.  Had enough of the close but no cigar the past couple of seasons

RyanLR

Joe T Robinson-35

Rogers-14

The Mounties scored all their points against reserves in the second half. The Senators starters only played a quarter and a half but racked up a 35-0 lead good enough for the Mercy Rule.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas