• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc Eagles vs. Bauxite Miners

Started by Digger#23, August 26, 2018, 10:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 30, 2018, 10:51:57 am
I guarantee if a 10 th grader is good he plays. Elmore doesn't believe just because you're older you "earned " anything 

Agreed.

Does des arc 10th graders not travel?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2018, 10:55:05 am
Agreed.

Does des arc 10th graders not travel?

well of course. but I was told that about w.m. at the game. that's all I was going by.

beaverfan007

Pick_DA_EAGLES

AirWarren

Digger#23

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 30, 2018, 03:43:42 pm
does bauxite have much speed?
I'd tell you but I'd rather you judge for yourself.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the PIT.  It can get rowdy but all in all you should enjoy the venue.  I'll be there and I whistle loud as heck!!   Lol!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 30, 2018, 07:47:22 pm
I'd tell you but I'd rather you judge for yourself.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the PIT.  It can get rowdy but all in all you should enjoy the venue.  I'll be there and I whistle loud as heck!!   Lol!

I will be there.

Football_Fan25

August 30, 2018, 09:15:38 pm #57 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:57:04 am by Football_Fan25
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 27, 2018, 07:56:11 pm
You won't shock 4A if Des Arc wins. Nobody thinks

Lions84

The Greenies will win this one close.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 31, 2018, 09:41:07 am #59 Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:48:16 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Football_Fan25 on August 30, 2018, 09:15:38 pm
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 27, 2018, 07:56:11 pm
You won't shock 4A if Des Arc wins. Nobody thinks

Football_Fan25, why did you delete your comment?

Jimbo Morphis

AlumniLights

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 30, 2018, 07:47:22 pm

It does indeed get rowdy. Back in '06, the word "FORTY" was echoed throughout THE PIT as Neely Sullivent and Co approached 40 points during our playoff game.

beaverfan007

40 heck they use to beat people by 60 if they could

AirWarren

Quote from: AlumniLights on August 31, 2018, 10:14:47 am
It does indeed get rowdy. Back in '06, the word "FORTY" was echoed throughout THE PIT as Neely Sullivent and Co approached 40 points during our playoff game.

I hope Bauxite has some class if they have a successful season. Not long ago, the opponent would have 40 on the scoreboard in the 1st quarter...

Remember those times.

moneyminers

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2018, 10:34:01 am
I hope Bauxite has some class if they have a successful season. Not long ago, the opponent would have 40 on the scoreboard in the 1st quarter...

Remember those times.
teams that beat bauxite in the past never had class no matter the score. Not saying that the miners will just downgrade every opponent that they beat but they are hungry and out for vengeance after years of being the doormat and disrespected.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

not saying bauxite wont win tonight, but shouldn't they beat more than one team, a 2A team at that, before you worry about winning big and being disrespectful to others?

raider99

This should be an old school smash mouth game. I'm sure sportsmanship won't be an issue.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: raider99 on August 31, 2018, 02:40:29 pm
This should be an old school smash mouth game. I'm sure sportsmanship won't be an issue.

It wont be a problem from des arc. The boys are ready and they know they have nothing to lose.

EAGLE PRIDE!

RiverEagle079

We obviously cant defend the pass but other wise playing well in my opinion

raider99

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: raider99 on August 31, 2018, 08:25:55 pm
Bauxite is in trouble in 4A

Either that, or the 2A is in trouble with des Arc

raider99

RiverEagle079

noonerricky

Bauxite is going to be just fine. Des Arc is gonna be pretty dang good. They fight and scrap which makes them good. Very well coached. Bauxite fans relax we are going to be fine

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: noonerricky on August 31, 2018, 09:53:53 pm
Bauxite is going to be just fine. Des Arc is gonna be pretty dang good. They fight and scrap which makes them good. Very well coached. Bauxite fans relax we are going to be fine

Des Arc is gonna be fine. Not so sure on bauxite

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Where are all those cocky Bauxite posters?

Digger#23

August 31, 2018, 11:25:11 pm #76 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:40:38 am by Digger#23
It was a good game by Des Arc.  Can't take a thing away from them.  They played hard all night.  I think our guys were over confident after last week.  So, this is a good/bad game for us to learn a lot.  We were missing a few starters in this game and it showed.  Our line got little push all night against ya'll s line.  Your d line is quick and I really liked the scheme ya'll had.  I'll say this, if we dont get control of all of our stupid penalties then yes, it could be a killer in another game.  But I think we will clean up some of that. Seniors should be able to take care of it, leading by example. I thought you guys played a clean game.  We did just enough to win but you didn't see anywhere near our best either.  That big lineman on yalls team is a stud.  Should definitely be playing on Saturdays.   In the end, I'll take the W and get ready for the next game. 

moneyminers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 31, 2018, 11:01:58 pm
Where are all those cocky Bauxite posters?
very well played game by des arc, not even going to take anything away from them. they really showed us that we can't overlook any opponent and that humbling ourselves is the best way to stay ahead. moral victory for Des Arc and looks like they're going to wreck havoc in their conference. Best of luck to yall the rest of the way

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 31, 2018, 11:25:11 pm
It was a good game by Des Arc.  Can't take a thi go away from them.  They played hard all night.  I think our guys were over confident after last week.  So, this is a good/bad game for us to learn a lot.  We were missing a few starters in this game and it showed.  Our line got little push all night against yall line.  Your d line is quick and I really liked the scheme yall had.  I'll say this, if we dont get control of all of our stupid penalties then yes, it could be killer in another game.  But I think we will clean up some of that mess.  I thought you guys played a clean game.  We did just enough to win but you didn't see anywhere near our best either.  That big lineman on yalls team is a stud.  Should definitely be playing on Saturdays.   In the end, I'll take the W and get ready for the next game.

You do understand that des arc played with a back up QB, and without a starting lineman. Both also played both ways. We started a 9th grader on the line.

Jimbo Morphis

I didn't think it would be close and I was wrong. Good game by Des Arc.

RiverEagle079

If I can help it I will make sure he plays somewhere on Saturdays

Digger#23

Yeah. I did.  It's still 2-0. Not 1-1.  Might have been your best game all year.  Definitely not our best. You guys should do well this season. Conference Champs??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 01, 2018, 12:53:54 am
Yeah. I did.  It's still 2-0. Not 1-1.  Might have been your best game all year.  Definitely not our best. You guys should do well this season. Conference Champs??

Wasnt our best game either. Heck we played back up corners on both edges seeing how one got hurt last week and one on the first drive last night. Stop pretending like yal didnt play well. Everyone there and everyone that watched on the internet knows better. Yall have a great kicker, he was the difference in the game. And would be my pick for the Bauxite player of the game.

quicksand

Pick_DA_EAGLES

quicksand

cuckoobird

Bauxite should be worrying about getting beat by 40 by everyone after that game

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: quicksand on September 01, 2018, 08:16:40 am
I'm not sure.  Sounds like Des Arc won.

Well, the way they were going to mercy rule is and best is into submission,  a bauxite 45 des Arc 44 might as well have been a d.a. win.

quicksand

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 01, 2018, 08:22:52 am
Well, the way they were going to mercy rule is and best is into submission,  a bauxite 45 des Arc 44 might as well have been a d.a. win.
From a person from the outside looking in, I just wanted to know how Bauxite should have played this game.

If Bauxite won by 1 point, then they are a terrible team and will have a bad season.  Which is what is going on now.

However, if Bauxite won say like last week 49-12, then it would be like how dare they play a lowly 2A team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: quicksand on September 01, 2018, 08:27:35 am
From a person from the outside looking in, I just wanted to know how Bauxite should have played this game.

If Bauxite won by 1 point, then they are a terrible team and will have a bad season.  Which is what is going on now.

However, if Bauxite won say like last week 49-12, then it would be like how dare they play a lowly 2A team.

Im not saying anything bad about the bauxite team, unless they were the ones on here saying they were gonna mercy rule des arc and all that, which I doubt they were. im just wondering were the peanut gallery is this morning.

quicksand

Ok I seriously did not know who won.  I thought the scoreboard here was a typo so I checked the ol' ADG to make sure.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: quicksand on September 01, 2018, 08:48:08 am
Ok I seriously did not know who won.  I thought the scoreboard here was a typo so I checked the ol' ADG to make sure.

gotcha, we just ran out of time last night.

Digger#23

September 01, 2018, 10:24:41 am #92 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:26:17 am by Digger#23
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 01, 2018, 07:31:01 am

Wasnt our best game either. Heck we played back up corners on both edges seeing how one got hurt last week and one on the first drive last night. Stop pretending like yal didnt play well. Everyone there and everyone that watched on the internet knows better. Yall have a great kicker, he was the difference in the game. And would be my pick for the Bauxite player of the game.

I don't play pretend.  We didn't play well.  Been around this team long enough to know when they play well and when they don't.  If they were playing each other again next Friday, I'd still pick Bauxite by 28.  As that rematch on Friday isn't going to happen, then I'm happy enough to get a W and go correct some things in practice.  Now on to Glen Rose and Go Hogs!

mr.gametime

I knew this would be a close game..... just didn't think that many points would be put up by both teams

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 01, 2018, 10:24:41 am
I don't play pretend.  We didn't play well.  Been around this team long enough to know when they play well and when they don't.  If they were playing each other again next Friday, I'd still pick Bauxite by 28.  As that rematch on Friday isn't going to happen, then I'm happy enough to get a W and go correct some things in practice.  Now on to Glen Rose and Go Hogs!

you are pretending. the reason your line couldn't get a push last night is because our line is that good.

Football_Fan25

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 01, 2018, 08:22:52 am

But it's not.   It's a lost.    We gave u 28 points so go beat your chest to England.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Football_Fan25 on September 01, 2018, 11:02:04 am
But it's not.   It's a lost.    We gave u 28 points so go beat your chest to England.

gave us 28 points? we took what we wanted. and its called a loss, not a "lost", which is what you are, LOST.

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 01, 2018, 10:24:41 am
Lol.... One thing I can always count on from Bauxite fans after a loss or a close win, in this case, is one or more excuses. "We didn't play well, we had too many turnovers, we had an injuries" or the best one, " the refs made horrible calls against us." Those are all factors in any game that determine a W or L, but not excuses. If ya'll played next friday, heck, Des Arc may very well beat you. GR may give ya'll all you want and then some.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BM22 on September 01, 2018, 11:21:54 am
Lol.... One thing I can always count on from Bauxite fans after a loss or a close win, in this case, is one or more excuses. "We didn't play well, we had too many turnovers, we had an injuries" or the best one, " the refs made horrible calls against us." Those are all factors in any game that determine a W or L, but not excuses. If ya'll played next friday, heck, Des Arc may very well beat you. GR may give ya'll all you want and then some.

thanks for being logical. heck, to be honest, I didn't think we would get mercy ruled, and I didn't expect it to be that close either. we played well, not our best, but very well. the difference in the game was the f.g. kicker for bauxite i.m.o.

BM22

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 01, 2018, 11:26:54 am

thanks for being logical. heck, to be honest, I didn't think we would get mercy ruled, and I didn't expect it to be that close either. we played well, not our best, but very well. the difference in the game was the f.g. kicker for bauxite i.m.o.
You bet. Just being a realist! I honestly thought this game was a toss up. Not at all surprised that it was just a one point win for the Miners. I knew Bauxite would not win by 4 td's.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas