• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City vs Stuttgart.

Started by bulldoghistorian, August 26, 2018, 10:20:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Last meeting, 1st round of the playoffs in 2011. Stuttgart won 36-29.
Star City is coming off a season opening win for the 1st time since 2014 with a 1 point upset win at Forrest City, 27-26. Stuttgart coming off a 13-12 loss at DeWitt. Hopefully the Bulldogs can carry the momentum from Friday night's win into this one. Should be a great game. Thoughts?

870ARK

I'm still surprised by the loss to dewitt but I think the rice birds win this one by 7

STUNNA

SouthernerPride

Stuttgart needs to shore up some things on the offensive line or the Ricebirds may have a much tougher year than expected.

Dogpound2010

phdefense

The DeWitt loss was so odd, that I can't even begin to try and predict what will happen this week. I would guess/hope that the punt game will be emphasized this week for the Ricebirds.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The Ricebirds loss to Dewitt was just one of those things. Think they'll bounce back this week but still not saying they win. Star City in another squeaker 28-27.

Sports Guru

SUGARTOWN

Looks like a nice win for SC last week, I have no idea what to expect this week in this game. Hopefully a few personnel changes on offense to get them going. The defense actually played pretty well. DeWitt's 2 touchdowns only covered about 35 yards total thanks to special team miscues. But the offense was ugly, penalties (had a TD called back) and just general sloppiness.

If Stuttgart loses this one they're staring at the possibility of starting 0-4. I have a feeling they'll play much better, I just hope they cut down on the mental mistakes and penalties.

This will be the football Birds first trip to Star City, which team shows up is anybody's guess.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 27, 2018, 08:56:54 am
Looks like a nice win for SC last week, I have no idea what to expect this week in this game. Hopefully a few personnel changes on offense to get them going. The defense actually played pretty well. DeWitt's 2 touchdowns only covered about 35 yards total thanks to special team miscues. But the offense was ugly, penalties (had a TD called back) and just general sloppiness.

If Stuttgart loses this one they're staring at the possibility of starting 0-4. I have a feeling they'll play much better, I just hope they cut down on the mental mistakes and penalties.

This will be the football Birds first trip to Star City, which team shows up is anybody's guess.
Are you as concerned as me by the QB switch? I saw a step back from the qb play and wondered why last years starter was a wideout

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 27, 2018, 10:00:03 am
Are you as concerned as me by the QB switch? I saw a step back from the qb play and wondered why last years starter was a wideout

Check your PM

HeberFan

Stuttgart will be in a nasty mood this week... Ricecakes roll.

beach bum

August 27, 2018, 11:00:06 am #12 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:01:52 am by beach bum
Star City wins 13-12 and Stuttgart moves to 0-2 in the 8-4A conference  ;D ..... In all seriousness though, I think the Ricebirds come back and win this by 7-10 points. I hope for their sake they can bounce back cause if not two weeks of let downs definitely shows this will be a long year in Ricebird land.

bulldoghistorian

Like I said, should be a great game! Can't wait!

cuckoobird

Where is CP when we finally play star city? Lol

I hope Stuttgart wins of course but but I wish coach vereen good luck in the future

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 27, 2018, 10:35:30 am
Check your PM
Real men don't whisper in corners. Spread the knowledge.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 27, 2018, 02:57:38 pm
Real men don't whisper in corners. Spread the knowledge.

In answer to his question, yes I would like to see the QB from last year (Johnson) get some snaps this week. His scrambling ability is useful.

GuvHog

August 27, 2018, 05:09:06 pm #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:11:54 pm by GuvHog
Last Friday Night either DeWitts defense was much improved or Stuttgart's offense was that bad. My guess is it was a little of both.

On the other hand, Star City upset a 5A team.

Star City by 7.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 27, 2018, 03:37:13 pm
In answer to his question, yes I would like to see the QB from last year (Johnson) get some snaps this week. His scrambling ability is useful.
If the O line is as bad as y'all said, would that help much?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 27, 2018, 05:20:28 pm
If the O line is as bad as y'all said, would that help much?

Yes, being able to scramble and trying to make something happen is better than getting sacked repeatedly.

OL may be better this week, there were a few Sophs make their first varsity start out there last week.

cuckoobird

Just because Forrest city is 5a doesn't make it an upset. Outside of PA there aren't many powerhouse schools in 5a

CounterPunch

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 27, 2018, 02:39:01 pm
Where is CP when we finally play star city? Lol

I hope Stuttgart wins of course but but I wish coach vereen good luck in the future
;)

AirWarren

cuckoobird

Back from the dead!!! Or did the cult finally give you computer time?

HeberFan

So, what will Stuttgart do differently this week ?

Jimbo Morphis

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on August 28, 2018, 09:01:10 am
Must be the Russian hackers
Shouldn't have his unsecured server in a bathroom closet.

HeberFan

Lots of haters in here, picking on Warren. From the talk, it seems the Jacks will go winless the rest of the year, drop the football program and start a frisbee golf team.

cuckoobird

What will the ricebirds do different? Win

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 28, 2018, 09:55:30 am
What will the ricebirds do different? Win

I think you're right. Bet today's practice will be intense !

STUNNA

HeberFan

The Machine by 7 bolts and 7 washers.

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on August 28, 2018, 08:58:18 am

So, what will Stuttgart do differently this week ?
Clean snap & kick on punts would be significant progress.

Trojanbird

HeberFan

A "punt" is when you kick the ball to the other team.  It's a football thing.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 08:34:25 am
A "punt" is when you kick the ball to the other team.  It's a football thing.
Unless you're PA

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldman on August 29, 2018, 08:58:15 am
Unless you're PA

Good point.  Actually, I think PA punted a few times last year. It's rare.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 09:01:28 am
Good point.  Actually, I think PA punted a few times last year. It's rare.
I think on 4th and 20+ they punt, lol.

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldman on August 29, 2018, 10:09:23 am
I think on 4th and 20+ they punt, lol.

Depends on score and time of game. Lots of times they go for it on 4th and 20... or 4th and 35.

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 11:09:41 am
Grass or turf at Star City?
80% of all money goes to the cult. No money for turf.

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 11:09:41 am
Grass or turf at Star City?
Grass... they put Turf (and a dozen other issues) to a vote and lost.

bulldoghistorian

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Was replanted a few years ago I think and was nice last time I was on it. Good and thick.

SUGARTOWN

I was thinking it was grass, but not for sure. I expect to have the red carpet rolled out for me when I get down there Friday.  :D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 01:50:17 pm
I was thinking it was grass, but not for sure. I expect to have the red carpet rolled out for me when I get down there Friday.  :D
I bet it will be might not be perfect though

Trojanbird

Awfully quiet here!  Are we going to see a repeat of last week?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on August 31, 2018, 06:50:08 am
Awfully quiet here!  Are we going to see a repeat of last week?

No, I'm sure the Ricebirds will not lose to DeWitt this week.

Lions84

Sugar town better tighten up or Star City going have them sitting at 0-2.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas