• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Week 1

Started by beach bum, August 25, 2018, 10:15:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Berryville over West Fork in a close game- If Berryville can not win here where will they get a win outside of maybe Green Forest?

Gentry over Huntsville in a nail biter- Gentry will have the better offense than Huntsville and their skill position players will win this one for them

Green Forest over Yellville in a nail biter- Neither team is very good here. Again like Berryville in their game if Green Forest can not muster up a win here where do they expect to win any after this?

Lincoln over Westville close- Westville is breaking in a new coach. I think he will eventually have them competitive but Lincoln's offense will be too much for Westville

Maumelle over Pea Ridge somewhat comfortably- Pea ridge's schedule is brutal and probably should have tried this schedule the last two years and not this cycle. Even if Pea Ridge loses here we won't really know much about them until we see Farmington play Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge both to compare

Prairie Grove over Farmington in a close one- I don't think PG will be where they have been the last half decade or so but I don't expect a lot from Farmington either so that's why I will take PG here

smurf_you91

Thing is about the PG vs farmington game! If PG in everyone's opinions is better than Ozark (not mine) PG should win this one handedly I mean we beat Farmington 27-7 in our scrimmage so I'm going PG big.
PG 35
Farmington 6

bilboswaggins

Berryville over West Fork: In a not so close game due to the improved defense of the bobcats and the lack of offense for West Fork. This one's a shutout 21-0

Gentry over Huntsville in a very close game due to lackluster defensive play

Yellville ove Green Forest only because I know nothing of Yellville and I do of Green Forest

Lincoln dominates Westville because it finally comes together as a program for the wolves this year.

Pea Ridge over Maumelle only because of the strength of the program.

Prairie Grove over Farmington because Farmington has a history lately of looking like Tarzan and playing like Jane.

Sorry I stole your style beach bum keep up the great work man.

beach bum

Quote from: bilboswaggins on August 31, 2018, 03:28:38 pm
Berryville over West Fork: In a not so close game due to the improved defense of the bobcats and the lack of offense for West Fork. This one's a shutout 21-0

Gentry over Huntsville in a very close game due to lackluster defensive play

Yellville ove Green Forest only because I know nothing of Yellville and I do of Green Forest

Lincoln dominates Westville because it finally comes together as a program for the wolves this year.

Pea Ridge over Maumelle only because of the strength of the program.

Prairie Grove over Farmington because Farmington has a history lately of looking like Tarzan and playing like Jane.

Sorry I stole your style beach bum keep up the great work man.

I agree about Lincoln that this may be the year they finally jump up into the top half of the conference and win 6 or 7 games with Gravette in transition as a program it seems. The 4th seed is very attainable for Lincoln this year imo with a chance to be much more competitive with the top 3

AirWarren

Where are the Pea Ridge posters? You couldn't sling a dead cat without hitting one of them the last several years?

Anyways, as a former resident of Maumelle...Go Hornets!!!!

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge played about as bad as they could with 6 turnovers and still almost beat Maumelle.  Maumelle is in for a long season. Pea Ridge has lots of new faces since they actually schedule tough non conf games still hard to say how good they will be.  At worst 5th in conf but could easily be 2nd since no one is loaded this year.

RZback

Not a good start for 1-4A.  2-6!    The two winners were two of last years bottom teams. Is this a turn around for them or just the top teams playing better competition last night.  One thing for sure it didn't look like the same 1-4A conference.  Lots of room for improvement.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Hawk4L on September 01, 2018, 05:04:37 pm
Pea Ridge played about as bad as they could with 6 turnovers and still almost beat Maumelle.  Maumelle is in for a long season. Pea Ridge has lots of new faces since they actually schedule tough non conf games still hard to say how good they will be.  At worst 5th in conf but could easily be 2nd since no one is loaded this year.

Oh please, it was 33-7 at halftime and Maumelle was in cruise control the entire 2nd half.  Turnovers are part of the game, and Maumelle won the turnover battle, and thus the game.

BigGuy22

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 01, 2018, 07:53:06 pm
Oh please, it was 33-7 at halftime and Maumelle was in cruise control the entire 2nd half.  Turnovers are part of the game, and Maumelle won the turnover battle, and thus the game.
Lets think about this. 33-7 at halftime, final score was 40-30. That means Maumelle scores once in the second half and it came off a deep ball late in the 4th quarter.. Pea Ridge I believe had 1 turnover in the second half, may not be correct, when Pea Ridge doesn't the ball over the offense can get rolling and the Defense makes stops! These first three games may put 3 loses on the record but when conference play comes I think Pea Ridge will win out and finish 7-3

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BigGuy22 on September 01, 2018, 09:31:33 pm
Lets think about this. 33-7 at halftime, final score was 40-30. That means Maumelle scores once in the second half and it came off a deep ball late in the 4th quarter.. Pea Ridge I believe had 1 turnover in the second half, may not be correct, when Pea Ridge doesn't the ball over the offense can get rolling and the Defense makes stops! These first three games may put 3 loses on the record but when conference play comes I think Pea Ridge will win out and finish 7-3

I don't disagree with the last part - PR had flashes where they were a pretty good ball team, and if they get some consistency will be a tough game for anyone.

Keep in mind too that this was Maumelle's opening game, and like PR, we are breaking in some new guys on both sides of the ball. I was mainly responding to the previous poster giving zero respect to a team that was one score away from invoking the mercy rule at halftime. Granted, PR played a lot better after halftime, and did much better with ball protection.  Like I said, Maumelle went very conservative in the second half, and the final score reflects such.

BigGuy22

I agree with that.. If both sides of Maumelle can play to their potential then I think they could win the 5A.. it's a long shot but I feel like they could.. They definitely deserve more respect

Hawk4L

Maumelle would have no shot agaisnt Harrison

RZback

The total lack of ball security was a killer.  Besides the turnovers, 6 I think, there were multiple botched snaps and a few bobbled handoffs.  PR was also a little iffy on some tackling.  All of these things are stuff that can be corrected with lots of drills and a good mental attitude.  From the game reports and scores it looks like the conference had a lot of issues on week 1.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2018, 10:15:53 am
Berryville over West Fork in a close game- If Berryville can not win here where will they get a win outside of maybe Green Forest?

Gentry over Huntsville in a nail biter- Gentry will have the better offense than Huntsville and their skill position players will win this one for them

Green Forest over Yellville in a nail biter- Neither team is very good here. Again like Berryville in their game if Green Forest can not muster up a win here where do they expect to win any after this?

Lincoln over Westville close- Westville is breaking in a new coach. I think he will eventually have them competitive but Lincoln's offense will be too much for Westville

Maumelle over Pea Ridge somewhat comfortably- Pea ridge's schedule is brutal and probably should have tried this schedule the last two years and not this cycle. Even if Pea Ridge loses here we won't really know much about them until we see Farmington play Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge both to compare

Prairie Grove over Farmington in a close one- I don't think PG will be where they have been the last half decade or so but I don't expect a lot from Farmington either so that's why I will take PG here

Bum, you need to talk to your talent evaluators and ask them what they were thinking.  You usually are more accurate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas