• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett vs Magnolia

Started by Sports Guru, August 24, 2018, 07:57:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

Crossett has some work to do like cleaning up the penalties and things but honestly I think if that happens we can give the Panthers a run in this one.

We do look better even if we are playing a benefit game.

Eagles by 7

Sports Guru

We had way to many penalties tonight. A few dropped passes that should have been catches. Overall Crossett looks better than last year. I expect a good game against Magnolia this year.

Our Defense looks improved. Hopefully we will do great Friday. Ready to see 4 good quarters of Eagle offense Friday.

Eaglemaniac

EagleForLife12

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on August 25, 2018, 11:25:47 am
Magnolia takes this one.

Did you see the scrimmages last night? I had to work but my son went and he said it's gonna be another long season.

davglo35

What has happened to crossett high school football? 26-39 since 2012
0-8 against the rival Hamburg. It may have something to do with Koch industries buying the GP paper mill. The glory days are gone. If Hamburg beats crossett this year that will mean that 3 straight classes of kids going from sophomore to senior has never lost to crossett.
Hamburg beat ashdown for the 2nd year in a row and ashdown has been rather highly touted the last couple of seasons. Hamburg is 41-20 since 2012. My best friend has a kid playing for crossett and he says it's pathetic. Like to see them rise up and get good again but with koch owning the mill it probably won't happen

Sports Guru

Quote from: davglo35 on August 25, 2018, 10:29:55 pm
0-8 against the rival Hamburg. It may have something to do with Koch industries buying the GP paper mill. The glory days are gone. If Hamburg beats crossett this year that will mean that 3 straight classes of kids going from sophomore to senior has never lost to crossett.
Hamburg beat ashdown for the 2nd year in a row and ashdown has been rather highly touted the last couple of seasons. Hamburg is 41-20 since 2012. My best friend has a kid playing for crossett and he says it's pathetic. Like to see them rise up and get good again but with koch owning the mill it probably won't happen

Ashdown won last year 56-10

davglo35

My mistake. Hamburg beat them 2 years ago by 1 point I believe.
My wife graduated from Ashdown. I went to school grades 1 - 8 in Hamburg. Moved back in 2007. Work in Crossett. My wife worked for the Crossett school system for 5 years. Not being critical or poking fun. Just hate to see the Crossett program struggle like it has.

Sports Guru

Quote from: davglo35 on August 25, 2018, 11:17:34 pm
My mistake. Hamburg beat them 2 years ago by 1 point I believe.
My wife graduated from Ashdown. I went to school grades 1 - 8 in Hamburg. Moved back in 2007. Work in Crossett. My wife worked for the Crossett school system for 5 years. Not being critical or poking fun. Just hate to see the Crossett program struggle like it has.
Crossett has a good good class coming up next year. Just hope we can put together at least 5 wins this year. Crossett had a good team back in 2003 since then we haven't done much of anything.

green-eagle

hopefully the injuries bugs stays away.... last year team was hit extremely hard, thus cause a lot of underclass to get some playing time.

in the last two season, Magnolia and Crossett has been some what even, with magnolia winning both games, let hope that we can get some separation and win this one....

EagleForLife12

Quote from: davglo35 on August 25, 2018, 10:29:55 pm
This is a great question that needs an answer...Some of the kids now really don't know the history of Crossett Football and some have no pride in playing for Crossett.

HeberFan

Sports Guru

August 29, 2018, 12:30:45 pm #12 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:34:58 pm by Crossett Eagle
I think the key for Crossett is stopping that RB Roach if we do that we will win this game. They will rely mostly on him to run the ball alot Friday. Honestly I think our defense will step up to the plate an our offense will surprise this week in a Eagle victory.

Let's give these boys a chance to play a real game and see what we can do.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on August 29, 2018, 12:30:45 pm
I think the key for Crossett is stopping that RB Roach if we do that we will win this game. They will rely mostly on him to run the ball alot Friday. Honestly I think our defense will step up to the plate an our offense will surprise this week in a Eagle victory.

Let's give these boys a chance to play a real game and see what we can do.
I hope crossett can pull the win out

ea cat

Heard it took 8 turnovers for them to beat McGehee. Crossett by 14

mhfcharlesi

McGehee beat Crossett last year..so not a good comparison and the team Crossett scrimmaged couldn't play dead in a Western..

Sports Guru

We look very tired tonight. Good defense for the 1st half but you gotta score to win games. Good effort by both teams. Hats off to the Panthers.

Magnolia 24 Crossett 0

Sports Guru

Crossett defense held strong for the 1st half before they just got tired in the 2nd. We had 3 turnovers and Magnolia capitalized off them. They made adjustments at half and Crossett did not on offense. We moved the ball a few times but could not transition that into any points. Our QB had some pretty darn good passes tonight but the receivers were not looking and also not making the catches. Crossett needs to practice catching the ball this week. Magnolia had alot more depth which seemed to take a toll on us in the 2nd half as well

Good luck to the Panthers on the rest of the year!

Rida4Life

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on September 01, 2018, 01:54:20 am
Crossett defense held strong for the 1st half before they just got tired in the 2nd. We had 3 turnovers and Magnolia capitalized off them. They made adjustments at half and Crossett did not on offense. We moved the ball a few times but could not transition that into any points. Our QB had some pretty darn good passes tonight but the receivers were not looking and also not making the catches. Crossett needs to practice catching the ball this week. Magnolia had alot more depth which seemed to take a toll on us in the 2nd half as well

Good luck to the Panthers on the rest of the year!
Sounds like you need my boy to come back and coach  WRs again.... of course he had some animals while he was there so that might not be fair.......

EagleForLife12

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 01, 2018, 02:09:08 am
Sounds like you need my boy to come back and coach  WRs again.... of course he had some animals while he was there so that might not be fair.......
what years was he there?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas