• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite football

Started by beaverfan007, June 07, 2018, 09:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

Quote from: Nacho on August 22, 2018, 08:40:10 am
Basically a justification for him putting Bauxite in a top ten finish this year without them actually doing anything to prove it yet.

Rankings don't matter until the season ends. Even then, everything is relative. A struggling program can go 5-5 and be happy with the progress.  An elite program can go 10-0 in the regular season, lose in the playoffs, and consider it a disappointment. Either way, they're all just high school kids trying their best.

Ladyfan

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 22, 2018, 07:43:21 am
I'm still waiting on a score from the scrimmage....

Score wasn't kept officially but Bauxite scored at least 4 TDs, CAC 0.

And for the record, the CAC boys were in fine shape on Tuesday morning so the hits weren't nearly as bad as another poster declared.

AirWarren

Quote from: Ladyfan on August 22, 2018, 11:34:18 am
Score wasn't kept officially but Bauxite scored at least 4 TDs, CAC 0.

And for the record, the CAC boys were in fine shape on Tuesday morning so the hits weren't nearly as bad as another poster declared.

The poster oldman has a name for those type of posters you're referring to.

Coltfan2005

Why is a 4A school playing two 2A schools in non-conf? This isn't doing anything for your team, especially if you are looking to improve from a dismal 10 year run.

bearfan

There are plenty of 2a schools that would be able to compete in the 4a

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bearfan on August 22, 2018, 11:46:44 am

No there aren't.

AirWarren

I don't want to be that guy that belittles lower classifications.....but no there is not. The ring leader "big dog" of 2A scurried its way up to 3A and left titleless and with its tail tucked between their legs back to 2A.

Neckred

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 22, 2018, 11:41:54 am
Why is a 4A school playing two 2A schools in non-conf? This isn't doing anything for your team, especially if you are looking to improve from a dismal 10 year run.
Well first of all have you seen Bauxite's schedule?  No reason to schedule great teams in the non conference with that schedule.  That would be just dumb

bearfan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 22, 2018, 11:57:49 am
I don't want to be that guy that belittles lower classifications.....but no there is not. The ring leader "big dog" of 2A scurried its way up to 3A and left titleless and with its tail tucked between their legs back to 2A.
I didn't say win a championship, i said there are teams who could compete

AirWarren

Quote from: bearfan on August 22, 2018, 12:31:34 pm

Lol. Ok.

SUGARTOWN

August 22, 2018, 12:40:37 pm #110 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:43:21 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: bearfan on August 22, 2018, 12:31:34 pm

No there aren't. They couldn't compete with any decent team in 4A. Maybe a couple could've competed with the absolute worst teams in 4A, but that's about it.

bearfan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 22, 2018, 12:40:05 pm
Lol. Ok.
If you're telling me top teams in 2a can't beat teams like CAC then that is sad

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bearfan on August 22, 2018, 12:41:34 pm
If you're telling me top teams in 2a can't beat teams like CAC then that is sad

CAC couldn't even compete in 4A themsleves last year. But I think they would've done quite well in 2A.  :)

Overdahill

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 22, 2018, 12:45:27 pm
CAC couldn't even compete in 4A themsleves last year. But I think they would've done quite well in 2A.  :)

Geeze Louise, the same CAC that had DJ Williams and Joe Adams? ??? ???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Overdahill on August 22, 2018, 12:52:26 pm
Geeze Louise, the same CAC that had DJ Williams and Joe Adams? ??? ???

They didn't have them last year. They were 1-9.

bearfan

Last my son's team scrimaged CAC and his team was a lot bigger and faster

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearfan on August 22, 2018, 12:57:14 pm
Last my son's team scrimaged CAC and his team was a lot bigger and faster
Huh? Your son is named Last?

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 22, 2018, 12:54:24 pm
They didn't have them last year. They were 1-9.

Razorbacks didn't have a team the last two years....

Neckred

HeberFan

Digger#23

You guys do understand that some of our players view this thread.  A few of you have actually argued and said some pretty ridiculous things to a teenager. Shame on you.  Embarrassed for you.  I'd hope that the goal here isn't to run your head at a teenage ball player.  Pitiful and pathetic.  You wanna jump on me go right ahead.  I'm not a kid. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 02:55:30 pm
You guys do understand that some of our players view this thread.  A few of you have actually argued and said some pretty ridiculous things to a teenager. Shame on you.  Embarrassed for you.  I'd hope that the goal here isn't to run your head at a teenage ball player.  Pitiful and pathetic.  You wanna jump on me go right ahead.  I'm not a kid. 
We had it blocked at our school.

Big Fan

In regard to 4A vs 2A debate....

I don't recall many matchups in the past with 4A/2A (probably has a lot to do with geography).  However one can look at Earle's history and see very good Earle teams losing to mid to lower level 4A teams in Highland and West Helena in recent years. 

Then there is the 2016 anomaly known as England/Hamburg.

Digger#23

Muley,
I put it on page 17.  Sad I can't upload the video for AW. 

Digger#23

I guess Sprindale is just stupid for playing Robinson.  I mean what were they thinking, 7A vs 4A.  Crazy!

Benton should be ashamed of themselves for scheduling Arkadelphia.  6A vs 4A, nuts.

Anyway, who gives a dang? Oh that's right a couple of you old head goons.  Probably hate the Razorbacks too.  Go back to Texas where you can be a Longhorns fan in the open.

SUGARTOWN

"Can't wait to watch Robinson get their head kicked in at the Pit."

"I called all of you a vag not a wus.  Bunch of sit at home know nothing band playing wanna be ballers.  I laugh out loud thinking how ugly your wives are, that is if you're not *."

"As to your JV statement, do I need to call your mommy and tell her that her little boy is out running around without his padded head protector and is in grave danger of hurting his brain again?"

Are you sure you're not a kid? Not many adults on here post sophomoric stuff like you did in the quotes above.

Big Fan

You wanna jump on me go right ahead.  I'm not a kid. 

This brings back memories...

HeberFan

How about we all be big enough to stop the silliness ?

AirWarren

August 22, 2018, 03:31:32 pm #128 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:36:16 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 22, 2018, 03:08:42 pm
"Can't wait to watch Robinson get their head kicked in at the Pit."

"I called all of you a vag not a wus.  Bunch of sit at home know nothing band playing wanna be ballers.  I laugh out loud thinking how ugly your wives are, that is if you're not *."

"As to your JV statement, do I need to call your mommy and tell her that her little boy is out running around without his padded head protector and is in grave danger of hurting his brain again?"

Are you sure you're not a kid? Not many adults on here post sophomoric stuff like you did in the quotes above.

His time here will be short lived. He does crack me up though. I like the guy....he is just that poster that we see every year that is full of outrageousness. Waiting to take a shot at the band, ugly wives, and everything else under the sun.

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 02:58:23 pm
Muley,
I put it on page 17.  Sad I can't upload the video for AW. 

What video?

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on August 22, 2018, 03:09:12 pm
This brings back memories...

That's pretty good. For an ole goat lol

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on August 22, 2018, 03:29:13 pm
How about we all be big enough to stop the silliness ?

Did I miss some stuff. I was too busy working I guess haha.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 22, 2018, 03:33:25 pm
Did I miss some stuff. I was too busy working I guess haha.

A few people talking somewhat personal smack, instead of game smack.

Digger#23

Sure you do sugar.  But, do agree with you.  I should not have posted that for the same reasons.  Shame on me.  Now, the padded head gear, not taking that one back.  That one was deserved.  I'm here for the long hall AW.  I enjoy it too much.  I've been on for two years now and will be until I grow tired of it I guess.  After last years moronic takeover of the Bauxite Football thread, I decided heck no.  I did what I could to stop it to no avail.  Just wanted to talk football, a sport I love dearly.  I have got a son that plays for the Miners and I Know these players and quite a few of their parents.  Though being on a forum is somewhat new to me, I felt it was my time to speak up as I felt our honor was needing to be defended.  Sugar, I know a lot of previous Senators and I had the honor of playing with them back in the old community football league of the 70's.  Played against them when I was in junior high.  Against former teammates.  My rivalry with them goes way back and it's not about hate.  Bauxite is gonna make a lot of noise this year.  You can wait and see but you'll believe at the end of the season.  You heard it here first.  Nobody run and hide when conference is over and the playoffs begin.  I'll still be here supporting my Miners.

Mulerider4Life

I'm still not sure what the Bauxite scrimmage score was?

Digger#23

Video from the scrimmage AW.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 03:57:57 pm
Sure you do sugar.  But, do agree with you.  I should not have posted that for the same reasons.  Shame on me.  Now, the padded head gear, not taking that one back.  That one was deserved.  I'm here for the long hall AW.  I enjoy it too much.  I've been on for two years now and will be until I grow tired of it I guess.  After last years moronic takeover of the Bauxite Football thread, I decided heck no.  I did what I could to stop it to no avail.  Just wanted to talk football, a sport I love dearly.  I have got a son that plays for the Miners and I Know these players and quite a few of their parents.  Though being on a forum is somewhat new to me, I felt it was my time to speak up as I felt our honor was needing to be defended.  Sugar, I know a lot of previous Senators and I had the honor of playing with them back in the old community football league of the 70's.  Played against them when I was in junior high.  Against former teammates.  My rivalry with them goes way back and it's not about hate.  Bauxite is gonna make a lot of noise this year.  You can wait and see but you'll believe at the end of the season.  You heard it here first.  Nobody run and hide when conference is over and the playoffs begin.  I'll still be here supporting my Miners.

Believe me, I'm not going to live and die depending on what Bauxite does. Go 0-10 or 10-0 I'm not going to lose any sleep over it at all.

I'm just a old high school football fan who enjoys broadcasting his alma mater on Friday nights.  :)

Digger#23

Me too sugar.  Consider it a truce then.

Digger#23

Btw, what's your team Sugar?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 04:23:08 pm
Btw, what's your team Sugar?

You can't tell by my avatar? Lol

Stuttgart

Digger#23

I was there yesterday.  So how are they looking? I know yall play DeWitt first game.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone's avatar.  I had a touch enough time just finding  how to register on this site.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 04:49:05 pm
I was there yesterday.  So how are they looking? I know yall play DeWitt first game.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone's avatar.  I had a touch enough time just finding  how to register on this site.

It's a talented senior group. They could pretty good by the end of the year, at least we hope so.

Digger#23

Good luck this season. Maybe we see yall in the playoffs.

Lumberjackfan1978

no way

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 03:57:57 pm

You're a supposed adult? With kids? And you post that cheap crap and then jump on someone else for far less? If it bothers you that I said Bauxite should schedule some non-conf games that will actually help the team, tough. Too many teams in the 4A and 3A are scheduling soft teams to inflate their record and the kids suffer for it. I could not care less if a 7A team schedules a 5A team, it has nothing to do with 4A football. Perhaps you should count to 10 before posting, might save you the embarrassment of being caught in your own brand of hypocrisy.

scrapman

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 03:07:52 pm
I guess Sprindale is just stupid for playing Robinson.  I mean what were they thinking, 7A vs 4A.  Crazy!

Benton should be ashamed of themselves for scheduling Arkadelphia.  6A vs 4A, nuts.

Anyway, who gives a dang? Oh that's right a couple of you old head goons.  Probably hate the Razorbacks too.  Go back to Texas where you can be a Longhorns fan in the open.
Robinson has rolled out more D1 guys than Springdale over the last couple years. I get your point but it is apples to oranges. Bauxite is trying to get a W so it looks like the program is turning around....and it may be. Can't say that if they get 0 or 1 wins in the preseason then another 1 or 2 in regular season. 3 or 4 wins on a season is not turning a program around from 0-10, it is doing a little better

Neckred

Quote from: Oldman on August 22, 2018, 02:57:14 pm
We had it blocked at our school.
lol what good would that do?  You heard of cell phones?

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 22, 2018, 06:00:45 pm
Good luck this season. Maybe we see yall in the playoffs.
Lol..... so you are putting Bauxite in the playoffs before ya'll even play a down in your first game? WOW!! Focus more on Conway Christian and less on making a playoff run...  lol

Digger#23

I think it's the same for Benton and Springdale.  They believe they are getting a W.  Very likely the same principle.  Those of us in 4A-7 know they are very good with a good bit of college talent.  Still though.  They likely think it's a good test but not an L.  At least that's what I think. 

Neckred

What are the strengths and weaknesses of Bauxite?  I'm guessing speed is the main weakness?  I'm hearing they are much improved overall?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas