• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite football

Started by beaverfan007, June 07, 2018, 09:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

How good will they be in 2018?

Mulerider4Life

Slightly better than last year. Still a tough division. Harmony Grove will be right there with them. Basically the 2nd string of Benton goes to Harmony Grove and 2nd string of Bryant or 3rd String goes to Bauxite.

Jimbo Morphis

Great coaching makes them better than last year is my guess.

x14113

I've seen where Calpreps expects Bauxite to be a Top-10 team in 4A this season, yet the 7 is so strong that they see the Miners in 4th place.

Lofty expectations for a program that hasn't played in Week 11 since last decade.

AirWarren

From things I've heard....

School choice will help them out some this year.

Top 10? Dominating the 7? Time will tell.

beaverfan007

It's time for them to dominate

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on June 09, 2018, 10:46:47 am
It's time for them to dominate
You should stick to bad predictions on the 3a board.

Digger#23

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on June 08, 2018, 03:48:48 pm
Slightly better than last year. Still a tough division. Harmony Grove will be right there with them. Basically the 2nd string of Benton goes to Harmony Grove and 2nd string of Bryant or 3rd String goes to Bauxite.

Sounds like you might know something g about HG but it's obvious you don't follow Miner football.  School of choice has done very little to impact this team.  90% of the seniors have been at this school since kindergarten.  Btw, these seniors were undefeated as ninth graders.  I expect nothing less than 7-3 and a trip to the playoffs. Could be much better.  HG is in no way going to be this good or as competitive in the 4A-7.

Lumberjackfan1978

Good coaching keeps them improving this year

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 08, 2018, 11:25:54 am

Sounds like you might know something g about HG but it's obvious you don't follow Miner football.  School of choice has done very little to impact this team.  90% of the seniors have been at this school since kindergarten.  Btw, these seniors were undefeated as ninth graders.  I expect nothing less than 7-3 and a trip to the playoffs. Could be much better.  HG is in no way going to be this good or as competitive in the 4A-7.

You may be right about Harmony Grove, but you should check your team again. How are they going to win against Robinson? Nasvhille? Arkadephia? Glen Rose is a maybe. Conway Christian is a maybe. Fountain Lake is a maybe. You may can win in the first round of playoffs, but don't see much past that.

Digger#23

That's your opinion and everybody has one.  I don't think Conwsy Christian is a maybe or Glen Rose.  I think those are all w's.  We have Robinson, Ashdown and Nashville at home.  I think that Bauxite beats Ashdown and Nashville this year.  However, I do think that Arky is likely an L.  We were tight with Ashdown at their house last year.  We had the chance to go ahead of Nashville late in the 3rd quarter last year when Dabbs went out with a game injury.  Still he carried for 30 and over 180 and two scores.  We had little depth last year.  Depth is better and this is a special Senior class.  I'm confident in my 7-3 prediction.  I understand the naysayers.  What have you done lately? Won't be the case this year.  This is a much improved team with grit and heart and it is not void of talent.  I for one am glad to see Bauxite reemerge as a competitive team that you just can't pencil a w next to on the upcoming schedule.

Digger#23

FL is not a maybe.  At our house.  W for us.  Should have been a W last year. Up 21-6 at half and lose 27-28. Went for two and the win...didn't succeed.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 08, 2018, 11:25:54 am

those undefeated 9th graders have won a total of 4 games in 2 years.

OrangeCrush.

Bauxite is still penciled in as a W

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 16, 2018, 02:06:29 pm
those undefeated 9th graders have won a total of 4 games in 2 years.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

scrapman

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 09, 2018, 05:52:48 pm
That's your opinion and everybody has one.  I don't think Conwsy Christian is a maybe or Glen Rose.  I think those are all w's.  We have Robinson, Ashdown and Nashville at home.  I think that Bauxite beats Ashdown and Nashville this year.  However, I do think that Arky is likely an L.  We were tight with Ashdown at their house last year.  We had the chance to go ahead of Nashville late in the 3rd quarter last year when Dabbs went out with a game injury.  Still he carried for 30 and over 180 and two scores.  We had little depth last year.  Depth is better and this is a special Senior class.  I'm confident in my 7-3 prediction.  I understand the naysayers.  What have you done lately? Won't be the case this year.  This is a much improved team with grit and heart and it is not void of talent.  I for one am glad to see Bauxite reemerge as a competitive team that you just can't pencil a w next to on the upcoming schedule.
They are yet to be competitive. They may be better this year, we will see. Don't make that Scrapper game closer than it was. Bauxite only scored in the 2nd quarter and still lost by over 30. It was week 10 and Nashville played lots of young players.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: scrapman on July 22, 2018, 08:07:31 pm
They are yet to be competitive. They may be better this year, we will see. Don't make that Scrapper game closer than it was. Bauxite only scored in the 2nd quarter and still lost by over 30. It was week 10 and Nashville played lots of young players.

This is spot on.

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 09, 2018, 05:52:48 pm
Lol.... So you think Bauxite beats Nashville this year, huh? All because there are more players dressing out. You may have more numbers this year but do ya'll have quality depth? Miners are 0-9 against the Scrappers in recent history. Has Bauxite ever even beaten Nashville? You better be thankful that ya'll play Nashville the last game of year because they play alot of youth before gearing up for the playoffs. Scrappers gonna stroke Bauxite again this year.
Heck, those Mighty Beavers from GR are gonna thump ya'll as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BM22 on July 23, 2018, 01:21:22 pm
Lol.... So you think Bauxite beats Nashville this year, huh? All because there are more players dressing out. You may have more numbers this year but do ya’ll have quality depth? Miners are 0-9 against the Scrappers in recent history. Has Bauxite ever even beaten Nashville? You better be thankful that ya’ll play Nashville the last game of year because they play alot of youth before gearing up for the playoffs. Scrappers gonna stroke Bauxite again this year.
Heck, those Mighty Beavers from GR are gonna thump ya’ll as well.
Aren't you a Bauxite guy?

Digger#23

He's not a Bauxite guy.  He's just a troll.  A nobody guy really.  Lonely lil fella with a cat and a phone. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 24, 2018, 11:27:52 am
He's not a Bauxite guy.  He's just a troll.  A nobody guy really.  Lonely lil fella with a cat and a phone. 
Pretty sure he is one of yours. Check his post history.

beaverfan007

Bauxite has a chance to be really good It just depends on if they get rattled with injuries if they stay healthy they could beat anybody on any Friday night including Nashville

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 24, 2018, 11:27:52 am

Got your letterman jacket ready for Friday nights?

He is actually a Bauxite guy. Way before you showed up.

BM22

Quote from: Oldman on July 23, 2018, 01:48:44 pm
Aren't you a Bauxite guy?
I have rooted for Bauxite in the past because I have had about 3 family members play ball and graduate from there. I did not graduate from there, however, so, no I am not a Bauxite guy per say.

Maynard G Krebs

Per se, you mean................Oh wait, that's another Bauxite thread.............. ;)

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on July 25, 2018, 08:03:12 am
Per se, you mean................Oh wait, that's another Bauxite thread.............. ;)

That's another Bauxite Thread you mean?

Digger#23

Bauxite probably wouldn't like it if I wore my LR Central letter jacket from 1985-86. My son plays on the Bauxite team.  #23. He's a Senior this year.  He's at the TCU camp today.  Ran a 4.41 forty at the Memphis camp in June.  Looking to build on that. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 27, 2018, 09:45:32 am
Bauxite probably wouldn't like it if I wore my LR Central letter jacket from 1985-86. My son plays on the Bauxite team.  #23. He's a Senior this year.  He's at the TCU camp today.  Ran a 4.41 forty at the Memphis camp in June.  Looking to build on that. 

Be proud of the LR CENTRAL TIGER jacket.

Come around more often. And loosen up a bit. We are fun group to jab at and bicker with each other. 4a thread is full of good folks.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 27, 2018, 09:48:42 am
Be proud of the LR CENTRAL TIGER jacket.

Come around more often. And loosen up a bit. We are fun group to jab at and bicker with each other. 4a thread is full of good folks.
Pretty sure it's losen.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 27, 2018, 09:52:39 am
Pretty sure it's losen.

Losin if your wanten too be teknical.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 27, 2018, 10:23:02 am
Don't ever loose your sense of humor, lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 27, 2018, 10:36:11 am

Done't loose you're cents of humar, you meen?

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on July 27, 2018, 10:45:15 am
Done't loose you're cents of humar, you meen?
Quote from: Oldman on July 27, 2018, 10:36:11 am
Quote from: AirWarren on July 27, 2018, 10:23:02 am
Quote from: Oldman on July 27, 2018, 09:52:39 am
Pretty sure it's losen.

Sad part is, there are a lot of posters reading this and thinking, "I don't get it?"

Digger#23

Takes a special person to be like you fellas.  Kinda like a dork community. Sweet!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 01, 2018, 01:12:41 am
Takes a special person to be like you fellas.  Kinda like a dork community. Sweet!!

Man, you sure are dialed in to dominate. 

SUGARTOWN

That's true, but only a select few of us dorks can wear a letter jacket from '85-'86.

Digger#23

That would be funny if it was true.  But since it's not, you do a fine job of proving my point.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 01, 2018, 12:38:57 pm
That would be funny if it was true.  But since it's not, you do a fine job of proving my point.

You're right, mine's from '87-'89.  :D

Jimbo Morphis

Dude if you can't handle arguing with your own people you don't want to come here.

AirWarren

August 01, 2018, 02:17:53 pm #39 Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:19:38 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Digger#23 on August 01, 2018, 12:38:57 pm

So what do you call a person that is calling someone a dork....that is posting on the same website that a bunch of dorks are posting on?

What exactly is a dork? I need to spruce up on my Bayside High School lingo, apparently.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on August 01, 2018, 02:17:53 pm
So what do you call a person that is calling someone a dork....that is posting on the same website that a bunch of dorks are posting on?

What exactly is a dork? I need to spruce up on my Bayside High School lingo, apparently.

maybe call them "HIGH SCHOOL"; clutch that letter jacket tightly  :D

HeberFan

Quote from: Overdahill on August 01, 2018, 05:17:33 pm
maybe call them "HIGH SCHOOL"; clutch that letter jacket tightly  :D

I think you just ignore them...

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on August 02, 2018, 01:40:25 pm
I think you just ignore them...

Man, you can't ignore 96' in Bauxite......

Digger#23

I'm excited for this season to start.  Special class in the seniors and great coaching! Go Miners!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 02, 2018, 04:58:23 pm
I'm excited for this season to start.  Special class in the seniors and great coaching! Go Miners!!
One of your coaches is an old friend. I'm pulling for you.

Digger#23

Thanks old man. Appreciate that. 

bearfan

Ccs Ian going to hand bauxite their first L of the season week 1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearfan on August 11, 2018, 01:52:10 am
Ccs Ian going to hand bauxite their first L of the season week 1
I bet you any amount you want that doesn't happen.

Neckred

I keep reading about better coaching this year.  Isn't it the same coach?  They have any good new sophmores?

AirWarren

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2018, 11:42:12 am
I keep reading about better coaching this year.  Isn't it the same coach?  They have any good new sophmores?

Same staff with the acquisition of Calley. DP is a good coach, one of the best in the business. But Bauxite has always been built on tough and grit with their winning seasons....but not in the 4A. He started out with 20 something players and has gotten over 80 on the squad now. Whether they are hype or legit is still determined, but gaining 60 more bodies is a huge improvement any way you slice it. Now it is about installing a winning attitude in a school that has been the doormat for about 6 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas