• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Des Arc

Started by theshow, November 30, 2013, 01:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

Would probably be a good idea to play it Thursday cause you are taking a big chance by playing Friday . But we are talking about the AAA.

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 06:07:08 pm
I was told by a d.a. player parent, that the game is still on for friday night and will only be moved if the AAA makes them.
Wow  :o ,  that's real nice of them to consider the Bearden fans out on icy slick roads ... I see where their priorities are  :(

Classof91

Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 07:47:44 pm
I was told by a d.a. player parent, that the game is still on for friday night and will only be moved if the AAA makes them.
Wow  :o ,  that's real nice of them to consider the Bearden fans out on icy slick roads ... I see where their priorities are  :(

I was going to type the same thing, but deleted my comment.  You helped change my mind.  If that is true, what does that say about the decision makers in des arc?  football over 100's of people's safety.....

CMhawgtracks

It's not DA's decision to make...

Classof91

Maybe not, but if that is their attitude then it's just as bad.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 03, 2013, 07:57:06 pm #155 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:00:49 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 07:52:06 pm
Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 07:47:44 pm

I was going to type the same thing, but deleted my comment.  You helped change my mind.  If that is true, what does that say about the decision makers in des arc?  football over 100's of people's safety.....

From what i was told, bearden wanted to move it to monday, with no guarantee that the title game would be moved as well. So i dont really blame des arc. Bearden didnt want to do it thursday, so if safety is such a concern,  thursday would be the better day, seeing how more weather is expected sunday night. With temps not expected to warm much, ice could still be here monday. It come down to bearden not wanting to play in the rain. Not your safety.

Bearden couldnt get their way so they both just agreed to do what the AAA decides.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 07:56:40 pm

Get the whole story before you pass judge meant. Its not just des arc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 03, 2013, 08:08:01 pm #157 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:12:03 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Not to mention, des arc will have fans coming in from distance too. So im sure everybodys safety is a concern. 

And you can bet, if we play friday, and something changed and the weather became bad. Im sure our local churches would open up to offer everyone a safe place for the night.

the game

I think I believe your first story more  ;D  now caught , it's Bearden not wanting to move the game to Thursday , I just hope the AAA takes everything into consideration and makes y'all  :P

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 03, 2013, 08:14:02 pm #159 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:17:18 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 08:11:14 pm
   I think I believe your first story more  ;D  now caught , it's Bearden not wanting to move the game to Thursday , I just hope the AAA takes everything into consideration and makes y'all  :P

Its all one story, not 2. I promise you our school would not put anyone in danger.  :)

But unlike you bearden posters, i wasnt going to put your school on blast for trying to change the game to a day that might benefit them. 

Classof91

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:02:17 pm

Maybe Bearden's team and fans can spend the night in Des Arc's gym.  How many air mattresses ya'll got?  Des Arc probably has some JD's available to pull the busses back to Bearden.  Des Arc should be the better team and volunteer to just come on down to Bearden Friday and they can drive back that night.  We got some skidders that we can pull ya'll back up yonder.  We would even wrap the gazebo up and put a propane heater in there for those who wanted to stay over.  Trains are loud that close to the tracks though.  I'm sure it will all work out for the best.

the game

It's not just about 2A ... we  have 3A -4A semi's and 5-6-7 State Champ games Friday and Saturday ... the State Champ games if cancelled would then move for 5-6-7A to the 13-14th and the 2A-3A-4A games would then move to 20-21st .

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 08:16:04 pm

Maybe Bearden's team and fans can spend the night in Des Arc's gym.  How many air mattresses ya'll got?  Des Arc probably has some JD's available to pull the busses back to Bearden.  Des Arc should be the better team and volunteer to just come on down to Bearden Friday and they can drive back that night.  We got some skidders that we can pull ya'll back up yonder.  We would even wrap the gazebo up and put a propane heater in there for those who wanted to stay over.  Trains are loud that close to the tracks though.  I'm sure it will all work out for the best.

Yall would prolly just try to move it somewhere with turf to try to take advantage of yalls speed more. You know, like j.c. did carlisle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 08:20:01 pm
   It's not just about 2A ... we  have 3A -4A semi's and 5-6-7 State Champ games Friday and Saturday ... the State Champ games if cancelled would then move for 5-6-7A to the 13-14th and the 2A-3A-4A games would then move to 20-21st .

Yes it could be a horrible weekend for the AAA powers that be.

Classof91

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:08:01 pm
Not to mention, des arc will have fans coming in from distance too. So im sure everybodys safety is a concern. 

And you can bet, if we play friday, and something changed and the weather became bad. Im sure our local churches would open up to offer everyone a safe place for the night.

That would be a good way for a revival to break out!  Let's do it!   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 08:21:50 pm

Ken Freeman was in town tonight. Maybe he could hangout till friday. ;)

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:14:02 pm
Quote from: the game on December 03, 2013, 08:11:14 pm

Its all one story, not 2. I promise you our school would not put anyone in danger.  :)

But unlike you bearden posters, i wasnt going to put your school on blast for trying to change the game to a day that might benefit them.
I can assure you Bearden will be ready to play , rain ,sleet , ice or snow , whether it be Thursday , Friday , Saturday, Sunday , or Monday ... Heck call in the next 15 minutes and we will be there Tomorrow night   ;D

Classof91

December 03, 2013, 08:27:32 pm #167 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:29:34 pm by Classof91
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:23:52 pm

Never heard of him.  I will have go listen to some of his sermons.  Why is JC / Carlisle game being moved but ours has to be status quo in the sleet / ice?  Hope they come up with a equally fair decision. 

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:20:24 pm
Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 08:16:04 pm

Yall would prolly just try to move it somewhere with turf to try to take advantage of yalls speed more. You know, like j.c. did carlisle.
Hey , I have an idea ... let's have a double header 2A Semifinals at El Dorado Saturday  :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 08:27:32 pm

Never heard of him.  I will have go listen to some of his sermons.  Why is JC / Carlisle game being moved but ours has to be status quo in the sleet / ice?  Hope they come up with a equally fair decision. 

Ken is good.

The j.c. - carlisle game is still scheduled for friday, just moved to el do cause of j.c. "field condition"

Dragon I

Boom!  Best idea on this board since they banned the Gurdon people. AAA would bank because I would pay to see both.  Who else would?

Classof91

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 08:34:01 pm

Ken is good.

The j.c. - carlisle game is still scheduled for friday, just moved to el do cause of j.c. "field condition"

Wow!  Advantage JC!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 03, 2013, 08:36:32 pm
Boom!  Best idea on this board since they banned the Gurdon people. AAA would bank because I would pay to see both.  Who else would?

Heck we can just all play on des arcs field. Its held up pretty good all year.  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on December 03, 2013, 08:39:45 pm

Ken is good.

Wow!  Advantage JC!

I feel the same way.

Donnie Jamon

That field should be muddy to after jonesboro and eldo just played on it and with the rain coming in Thurs n Friday. I don't see it favoring JC at all.

Donnie Jamon

Oh didn't know they had turf. Makes since now

Classof91

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 03, 2013, 08:58:43 pm
Oh didn't know they had turf. Makes since now
It's all part of JC's plan of world domination.  I think they have a seat at the U.N.; world powers are taking notice.  Only thing that explains the move to el do TURF!  Did Carlisle not realize what that would mean for them?!  Awesomeness!

Donnie Jamon

So the Carlisle coach would have to agree to this right?

SLINGSHOT

I bet Coach Prescott won't be moving to an " artificial surface"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Eagles

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: SLINGSHOT on December 03, 2013, 09:15:01 pm
I bet Coach Prescott won't be moving to an " artificial surface"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Eagles

Nope we will play in "THE NEST".  We have a good field keeper, he keeps our field nice year round.

Classof91

Ken is good.

I will admit they have a low end zone that when heavy rains come, it completely floods.  Last year our game there was the worst conditions ever.  I think like 8" rain fell and the south end zone was 2 ft under water.  Lightning was booming, but JC didn't call game cause we were ahead (announcer actually said they couldn't call the game til they were ahead).  A lady got knocked down from one bolt and they sent ambulance guy over to help.  She's ok.

the game

December 03, 2013, 09:31:00 pm #181 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:38:06 pm by the game
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 03, 2013, 09:05:47 pm
So the Carlisle coach would have to agree to this right?
Apparently not ...

Fence Jockey

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 09:17:55 pm
Quote from: SLINGSHOT on December 03, 2013, 09:15:01 pm

Go Eagles

Nope we will play in "THE NEST".  We have a good field keeper, he keeps our field nice year round.

Don't think Carlisle really has anything to say about it! JC is the Home Team and they can say where home is at! And if the truth be told, I bet JC also has a good field keeper that is not in as bad a shape as let on. Last time I was down at JC, to be honest, the condition of the field was one of the things I was impressed with. Looked well taken care of, and as a matter of fact, it had one of the highest crowns of any field I have even seen. Even commented on the crown to a member of the JC chain gang  I was talking to before the game I went to watch, and his very comment was, "It works well, we NEVER, EVER, have a problem with the field staying in shape!" Funny, they have never been concerned about field conditions through out the past and we have had some real nasty conditions in the years past.

dragondad#1

Jc always the bad guy......the field usually holds up well but we got alot of rain plus back to back home games the field just hasnt had time to get right...But i promise you this team needs no advantages they are good.....trust we want you in the lair...but safety is most important

cuz

December 03, 2013, 09:56:07 pm #184 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:13:42 pm by cuz
Even good fields can deteriorate. It rained the Thur. before the Gurdon game and during the game. It rained Wensday before  the Hector game and its calling for a 80% chance Thurs. and 90% Friday. Now why wouldn't you want to move to a step turf. Besides the winner would have a advantage at WMS....... ???

Fence Jockey

Hey Pick being it is the year of musical field game, wonder how Bearden would react it DA was to move the game to field that would benefit their power and neutralize the Bear's speed. How about lets give Marvell a call & see if we can use their field Friday night. Grass should be about a foot & half tall, all dead and matted up by now. If it rains like they say, the water should average about 3 to 4 inch's deep in the shallow spots.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Fence Jockey on December 03, 2013, 10:16:24 pm
Hey Pick being it is the year of musical field game, wonder how Bearden would react it DA was to move the game to field that would benefit their power and neutralize the Bear's speed. How about lets give Marvell a call & see if we can use their field Friday night. Grass should be about a foot & half tall, all dead and matted up by now. If it rains like they say, the water should average about 3 to 4 inch's deep in the shallow spots.

We been running the sprinklers since the strong game.   ;D

the game

I'm reading on other forums on here , that a decision may be made by the AAA either tomorrow or by noon Thursday on whether to move all games scheduled this weekend to the next weekend ... and those games scheduled for that weekend would move to the next weekend ...

big E

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 03, 2013, 10:40:54 pm
Quote from: Fence Jockey on December 03, 2013, 10:16:24 pm

We been running the sprinklers since the strong game.   ;D

Now thats a great idea by friday you can put your scates on and play hockey lol

CMhawgtracks

What's moving the JC/Carlisle game to El Dorado have to do with this game?

big E

Nothing just gives us something to argue about.

Bearden_Bear72

Well they might cancel both games so all travelers are in same spot of just waiting.  AAA board already said they wont allow travels if weather is bad enough.  Not exact words but get the drift

pj72501

December 04, 2013, 10:46:48 am #192 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:50:58 am by pj72501
The AAA needs to look into speeding up the playoffs so we don't have this mess.  Missouri is done with playoffs Thanksgiving weekend.

Dragon I

I don't know.  I like how Texas goes almost to Christmas.

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Wow the ADG pre game write up almost sounds like des arc is not even playing. The way the talk des arc should just be lucky to be on the field with the mighty bears.

We relish the role of the underdog spot.

Rabhog

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on December 04, 2013, 10:00:38 am
Well they might cancel both games so all travelers are in same spot of just waiting.  AAA board already said they wont allow travels if weather is bad enough.  Not exact words but get the drift
Lance Taylor with the AAA will be on the Buzz 103.7 at 2:06pm today(Wednesday)

bigsoftballdaddy

Momma sez foosball is tha devil

cuz

Revised Schedule
Class 7A Final – Friday, December 13, 7:00 p.m. Class 6A Final – Saturday, December 14, 6:30 p.m. Class 5A Final – Saturday, December 14, 12:00 noon
Semifinal Rounds
Friday, December 13, 2013 All Games Start at 7:00 p.m. Class 4A
Valley View at Warren Booneville at Dollarway
Class 3A
Earle at Charleston
Smackover vs. Glen Rose (moved to Benton Harmony Grove)
Class 2A
Bearden at Des Arc
Carlisle vs. Junction City (moved to El Dorado's Memorial Stadium)

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles

theshow

Its official, the games have been moved back until next Friday! Thank the Lord!! I did not want to travel in this mess

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas