• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From what I've seen so far....

Started by amehr36, August 31, 2015, 09:25:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

amehr36

Smackover shouldn't be nearly as hard for JC to beat this year if they are anything like they are playing tonight. My concern level has dropped from 15% to like 2.

beach bum

Keep thinking that.... I've said it since the beginning of the summer. Warren will be one of the final 4 teams playing come early December in 4A even after losing the amount of players they did. Smackover isn't playing Drew Central. They are playing Warren.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2015, 09:31:28 pm
Keep thinking that.... I've said it since the beginning of the summer. Warren will be one of the final 4 teams playing come early December in 4A even after losing the amount of players they did. Smackover isn't playing Drew Central. They are playing Warren.

If Jones starts this game at QB, I think it's a different story. The other kid looked worse than a deer in the headlights....

amehr36

And saturday they will be playing Junction City. Glad we cleared all this up.

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 31, 2015, 09:35:30 pm

If Jones starts this game at QB, I think it's a different story. The other kid looked worse than a deer in the headlights....

It really is amazing the QB position. Even at the high school level it takes a certain mentality to get it done.

beach bum

Quote from: amehr36 on August 31, 2015, 09:36:02 pm

Cleared up that you are dumb enough to say that Smackover went from a 15% chance to win to a 2% chance against JC?

WPWells

If Smackover wins will you leave FF? You're giving good JC fans a bad name

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 31, 2015, 10:10:53 pm

I know. I rarely actually post on 2A but almost all the JC posters handle the success way better than other people would handle success like that.

amehr36

After tonight showing I feel 100% comfortable saying I'll leave if Smackover beats us.

amehr36

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2015, 10:08:55 pm

Cleared up that you are dumb enough to say that Smackover went from a 15% chance to win to a 2% chance against JC?

Now its down to more like .02.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 31, 2015, 10:12:20 pm

I know. I rarely actually post on 2A but almost all the JC posters handle the success way better than other people would handle success like that.

You haven't discussed football with Tha_Truth yet have you?

WPWells

amehr36

Proud Buckaroo

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 31, 2015, 10:39:38 pm
Where is TT anyways?

Hey PB. Seriously do you think the kids will be more hyped now or does the schedule hurt them this week?

Proud Buckaroo

I think we will do just fine. This game showed us what we have to work on. By no means should anyone team count us out.

AirWarren

I wish you punks would have played Warren. Show you big mouth folks that real football teams don't go through cutter morning star to state title games.

amehr36

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 10:54:05 pm

I wish you punks would have played Warren. Show you big mouth folks that real football teams don't go through cutter morning star to state title games.

We, sir, are not Smackover. Not saying wed have won but I promise you it wouldn't be easy IF you guys did win.

AirWarren

You're a fume. Keep being big dogs down there with Hermitage.

RiverEagle079

they move to 3A next year so talk with the coaches get the game together and we will see

amehr36

Does no one realize that no big schools actually want to play JC? If you win you're "suppose" to and if you lose (which a lot of you would) then you'd never hear the end of it.

AirWarren

Quote from: amehr36 on August 31, 2015, 11:02:28 pm
Does no one realize that no big schools actually want to play JC? If you win you're "suppose" to and if you lose (which a lot of you would) then you'd never hear the end of it.

Goodnight little feller. Have fun with Cutter morning star, Hermitage, and all of the other pip squeaks this year.

Proud Buckaroo

Come on, amher. There is no way you guys would have beaten them either.

amehr36

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 11:04:27 pm

Goodnight little feller. Have fun with Cutter morning star, Hermitage, and all of the other pip squeaks this year.

Before you go you wanna tell us which Smackover fella you'll be sleeping with tonight. You're nose isn't the only thing that'll be brown in the morning...

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 31, 2015, 11:05:51 pm
Come on, amher. There is no way you guys would have beaten them either.

I didn't say we would but if I think we beat you guys by 14-21 and I know they wouldn't score 60 on us it would be a much closer game.

AirWarren

Quote from: amehr36 on August 31, 2015, 11:06:51 pm

Before you go you wanna tell us which Smackover fella you'll be sleeping with tonight. You're nose isn't the only thing that'll be brown in the morning...

My hot wife isn't from Smackover.

Goodnight little feller.

amehr36

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 11:08:30 pm

Goodnight little feller.

Your "hot wife" certainly doesn't call me little feller.

RiverEagle079

You are going to have to excuse Amehr. He is like that little Chihuahua dog that keeps barking at you till you just want to punt him away

amehr36

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 31, 2015, 11:10:17 pm
You are going to have to excuse Amehr. He is like that little Chihuahua dog that keeps barking at you till you just want to punt him away

I always talk trash leading up to a game. But ask anyone... if you want to shut me up, stop the JC train. Haynesville is the only team I see potentially doing that at this point.

AirWarren

Quote from: amehr36 on August 31, 2015, 11:09:19 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 11:08:30 pm

Goodnight little feller.

Your "hot wife" certainly doesn't call me little feller.

Jr high talk. Awesome.

AirWarren

Wouldn't expect anything more from little men from the armpit of Arkansas.

amehr36

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 11:17:56 pm
Wouldn't expect anything more from little men from the armpit of Arkansas.

I think its funny that you claim to have a hot wife but you'd rather stick around and respond to "Jr high talk". Is she more of a cover for you? Not ready to come out yet?

mtindian42

Smackover took one on the chin tonight by the better football team... But, they will be ready for jc come saturday...it will be a more even ball game.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2015, 10:58:11 pm
You're a fume. Keep being big dogs down there with Hermitage.
what do you got against hermitage dude? You always bringing hermitage up?

Proud Buckaroo

I just find it so funny. That Smackover got beat by 4A defending state champ, and we are going to lose against junction in a blowout. Or the fact that we're not going to the state championship again. Keep thinking that.

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 01, 2015, 01:30:32 am
I just find it so funny. That Smackover got beat by 4A defending state champ, and we are going to lose against junction in a blowout. Or the fact that we're not going to the state championship again. Keep thinking that.

If both of our teams aren't  as good as last year's and we beat you by 14 last year (I think it was 14) then how is my prediction a blowout? You guys just took quite a beating and have to be up for another huge game less than a week later against a team that is at least comparable to the best of 3A and some really good 4A. So please explain to me how it's not within reason to believe we will win by 14-21.

Dragon I

dragondad

How does a team recover from the physical burnout I saw last night, plus get conditioned so it won't happen again in four or five days, plus take the time to correct the mistakes that were evident and relocate players to where they're most beneficial to the team as a whole?

That's a lot to overcome in a short week, I'm fairly confident about Saturdays game, and I don't care if it's a win by 1 or 101.

ISU7

Exactly Im a 3A fan I dont know why people are going by how teams are doing in practice games SMH...

amehr36

Quote from: ISU7 on September 01, 2015, 11:39:22 am
Exactly Im a 3A fan I dont know why people are going by how teams are doing in practice games SMH...

Ohhh but if somehow Smack pulled it off they'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread and we wouldn't even hear the words "practice game". If we play Hermitage or somehow we final get El Do or Southside or anyone we never view it as a "practice game". You know where "practice games" happen? In practice. Maybe that's what all these other teams are missing. They think real games are "practice games".

dragondad

If you think those young men on the field were think practice game at kickoff, your kidding yourself. There wasn't a coach or player on the field that didn't want to win that game. Once Halftime arrived, I think Smackover coaches just resolved to do what they could to get out as healthy as possible. I understand non-conference games don't count but you can bet that if it's on a schedule, they all want that win.

WPWells

Smackover didn't call it a practice game. The guy who said that is from Rivercrest

LJ06

Quote from: dragondad on September 01, 2015, 12:30:00 pm
If you think those young men on the field were think practice game at kickoff, your kidding yourself. There wasn't a coach or player on the field that didn't want to win that game. Once Halftime arrived, I think Smackover coaches just resolved to do what they could to get out as healthy as possible. I understand non-conference games don't count but you can bet that if it's on a schedule, they all want that win.

Exactly. Smackover wanted that win over Warren. Would have been huge for their program.

amehr36

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 01, 2015, 12:32:52 pm
Smackover didn't call it a practice game. The guy who said that is from Rivercrest

Even PB keeps saying how it was "just a game to see what we needed to work on" or something like that...

LJ06

Quote from: amehr36 on September 01, 2015, 12:40:02 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 01, 2015, 12:32:52 pm

Even PB keeps saying how it was "just a game to see what we needed to work on" or something like that...

If the outcome would have been different they would be ecstatic.

dragondad

You can bet JC coaches aren't looking at Sat as a practice game, and I know for a fact our young men aren't looking at it as a practice game.   They want to win and excel every time they hit the field and are satisfied with nothing less.

Rida4Life

Warren HAS to be proud of it's football program.... there is nothing else in Warren worth bragging about....
if you call Union County the armpit... then Warren must be.... well...... somewhere below the armpit region.
;D

dragondad

But hey, they got all them tomatoes!

THA TRUTH

after watching smackover last night jc has a very good chance to come out the winner especially with smack cramping again just like last year and Jordan jones being afraid of contact also after seeing what I saw jc has a great advantage in the trenches which is what smack got whooped in lastnight

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 01, 2015, 01:27:21 pm
after watching smackover last night jc has a very good chance to come out the winner especially with smack cramping again just like last year and Jordan jones being afraid of contact also after seeing what I saw jc has a great advantage in the trenches which is what smack got whooped in lastnight
I agree with Truth JC should walk away with a win. One thing for sure they'll be in shape... ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas