• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Rison really matter?

Started by amehr36, August 31, 2015, 03:10:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

amehr36

I know Rison is gonna be pretty good but does anyone not from Rison believe they will actually beat JC? And not only beat them once but twice because I'm pretty certain they have a good chance to meet again in the playoffs either way... Honestly I think we tag them by around 30 next week.

tacklethis...

Quote from: amehr36 on August 31, 2015, 03:10:20 pm
I know Rison is gonna be pretty good but does anyone not from Rison believe they will actually beat JC? And not only beat them once but twice because I'm pretty certain they have a good chance to meet again in the playoffs either way... Honestly I think we tag them by around 30 next week.

Honestly not sure if anyone outside of Rison or JC cares....

dragondad

Quote from: tacklethis... on August 31, 2015, 03:59:03 pm

Yet you instantly replied.....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on August 31, 2015, 04:07:04 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on August 31, 2015, 03:59:03 pm

Yet you instantly replied.....

And posts on a statewide message board....

amehr36

I'll go out on a limb and say other than JC and maybe a couple other teams almost all 2A teams should be concerned.

Ventman

We haven't heard much about Rison, I just have a gut feeling they will play JC well this year. I don't think they will beat Rison by 30.

thabeast428

I'm from JC and idk if it will be that bad of a game. Should be a good game and we're not gonna be blowing out as many teams this year imo... But we shall see

JC Guy

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 31, 2015, 06:30:04 pm
I'm from JC and idk if it will be that bad of a game. Should be a good game and we're not gonna be blowing out as many teams this year imo... But we shall see
I am with you on not mercy ruling a bunch of teams but I bet we are very good before playoff time.

thabeast428

Oh yea I believe we will too if we have the leadership

JC Guy

Quote from: thabeast428 on August 31, 2015, 06:43:27 pm
Oh yea I believe we will too if we have the leadership
We have leaders but we have so many young guys starting it may take time to get up to game speed against the eleite teams. I will say we looked much better in the scrimmage than we did in the purple and gold. If we gain that much again before next Saturday we should be ok.

dragonpride27

Remember we did mercy rule the same team they have coming back from last yr...we arent that much worse n they cant be that much better...since its there we provably only win by 20 or so imo.

thabeast428

We lost some really good kids even though we still have some good ones they r still young. Totty will have his team ready just like carpenter, so I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch

dragonpride27

We beat them by 40..theyre not 40 better than last yr and we r not 40 worse...we should be talking about smackover or h ville cuz we actually have a chance to lose those

Wonderdog

Rison keeps it within two possessions. Maybe they win, maybe they don't, but I bet it will be quite different from last season. Whoever mentioned Rison having to beat JC twice, that would be a very tall order. I could see Rison taking one of those games though. Leadership and experience goes a long way in high school athletics. Rison is among the top of the 8-2A in that this season. JC lost quite a few key players that were freakishly exceptional athletes. They will reload of course, but will it be a JC blowout win? I don't see it, but I have been wrong before.

Ventman

Where is this game going to be played?

cuz

Ventman

Rison should put up a good fight this year, especially at home.

MR#1

Interesting point. I've often wondered if Barton (1990) or Shiloh (2000) pondered the same question, "Does Rison really matter?" Of course it's only the second game of the season and not the state finals. Anyway, ... I hope it's a good game.

amehr36

Quote from: MR#1 on August 31, 2015, 11:43:56 pm

Interesting point. I've often wondered if Barton (1990) or Shiloh (2000) pondered the same question, "Does Rison really matter?" Of course it's only the second game of the season and not the state finals. Anyway, ... I hope it's a good game.

You've a good point.

WonderWartHawg

Rison always believes they can win any game.  And most of the time they do.
How long has it been since Rison beat JC?  4 years maybe?

Backwoods Bart

Not only does JC have to play Rison, they will also have to play the Refs as well. Coach Totty is a master at working the refs at home. 

mtindian42

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 02, 2015, 08:44:06 pm

Not only does JC have to play Rison, they will also have to play the Refs as well. Coach Totty is a master at working the refs at home.

He is an expert of that everywhere. I saw him at jc get a flag and he told the ref he better have a dang good reason to throw another on him or he would have problems. Needless to say totty could do whatever he wanted the rest of the night.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 03, 2015, 09:07:58 am

He is an expert of that everywhere. I saw him at jc get a flag and he told the ref he better have a dang good reason to throw another on him or he would have problems. Needless to say totty could do whatever he wanted the rest of the night.

Sounds like a crybaby excuse.

THA TRUTH

Yea I guess u and the buckaroos would know all about those

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 03, 2015, 09:24:52 am

Are you of all people talking about someone else coming up with excuses?? I'm even more shocked by this than the fact you still somehow think yall can win Saturday.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: amehr36 on September 03, 2015, 12:56:44 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 03, 2015, 09:24:52 am

Are you of all people talking about someone else coming up with excuses?? I'm even more shocked by this than the fact you still somehow think yall can win Saturday.

Because I support my team regardless. You guys may win, but I don't believe it's going to be a blowout either.

amehr36

Depends on if you think 21 is a blowout.

THA TRUTH

From what smack was supposed to be is have to say 21 is amehr

Proud Buckaroo

Considering Calpreps was 2 points from being on the money of the score last year.

[2015] Smackover (AR) 35, [2015] Junction City (AR) 31

amehr36

Well I leave the board if Smack wins so I guess some folks have that hope. My prediction was year was 34 to 12 I think so I WA off by one score as well..  and we actually screwed ourselves several times since apparently we are bringing up excuses.... I think I'll go same score this year... 34-12

THA TRUTH

No one cares about cal preps prediction what's urs proud??

Proud Buckaroo

Considering they do every single high school in the US. Their pick percentage was 87% for Arkansas last year for the whole year. What was hooten's pick percentage? All they do is Arkansas high school. Anyways. I think it's going to be a one score game.

Lions84

Rison will greet them with both chin straps on tight.

THA TRUTH

Lions84

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 03, 2015, 01:51:25 pm
They wear two chin straps??

I don't know I was throwing out an old Houston Dale Nutt saying with a twist.

Rison is a historically tough program and I expect them to have a solid season this fall.

THA TRUTH

Oh I agree they are def in the mix for finals appearance

dragondad

September 04, 2015, 11:54:28 am #37 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:45:07 pm by dragondad
USA Today:

'14 Smack 14 - '14 JC 35

'15 Smack 20 - '15 JC 37

My prediction for Sat: Smack 21 - JC 42

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 03, 2015, 01:14:37 pm
Considering Calpreps was 2 points from being on the money of the score last year.

[2015] Smackover (AR) 35, [2015] Junction City (AR) 31

Crossing my fingers.  :)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 04, 2015, 11:54:28 am
USA Today:

'14 Smack 14 - '14 JC 35

'15 Smack 20 - '15 JC 37

My prediction for Sat: Smack 21 - JC 42

What exactly is Their pick percentage for last year? I haven't seen any databases for their score predictor and I don't know how they come upon their picks. Just curious. All last year. I mostly checked calpreps. They had an 87% pick percentage for every single team in ARKANSAS.

amehr36

My pick percentage last year was 100% if that helps any...

amehr36

Guess Rison won't be as tough as some thought.

Proud Buckaroo

September 05, 2015, 07:51:01 am #42 Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:14:18 am by Proud Buckaroo
No. Fordyce is better than what people thought. Rison had the lead at halftime. And fordyce came back. It was ony a 3 point loss. The game came down to the wire. They are both good teams.

THA TRUTH

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2015, 07:51:01 am
No. Fordyce is better than what people thought. Rison had the lead at halftime. And fordyce came back. It was ony a 3 point loss. The game came down to the wire. They are both good teams.

I feel like you would defend any team Junction has to play at this point.

Proud Buckaroo

Do you play fordyce? No. I'm not defending any team. I am stating my opinion on what I think about the teams. I wasn't aware we couldn't do that.

amehr36

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2015, 09:28:06 am
Do you play fordyce? No. I'm not defending any team. I am stating my opinion on what I think about the teams. I wasn't aware we couldn't do that.

You clearly don't make your predictions based on football though... you do it by what you want to happen. Just cause two teams played a good game against each other doesn't make them good. They could be the two worst teams in the state and still play a good game...

THA TRUTH

Now that's an expert opinion there

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: amehr36 on September 05, 2015, 10:12:56 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 05, 2015, 09:28:06 am

You clearly don't make your predictions based on football though... you do it by what you want to happen. Just cause two teams played a good game against each other doesn't make them good. They could be the two worst teams in the state and still play a good game...

I clearly make predictions on what I see from teams. Did I say junction would lose to Rison? No. I didn't. So don't get your panties in a wad. I said Rison is a good team. You are reading too much in my opinion.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 05, 2015, 10:50:41 am
Now that's an expert opinion there

An "expert" opinion from someone that hasn't seen either team play this year. Because I totally said Rison would be junction. Geez. ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas