• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove vs Parkers Chapel

Started by Bagheera, August 26, 2015, 12:16:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagheera

Can't wait till next Friday!  Ready to see what the Panthers come out looking like.  I hope they come out ready to take the 5-2A crown back.  I think last year was a reality check and hopefully reminded this years seniors of the level they need to play at.  Opening against Parkers Chapel will be a good test to start with.  Magnet needs to limit the big plays and they'll be alright.  They'll be facing one of the best backs they will see this year so it'll be exciting to see how they handle that.  Thoughts?

Proud Buckaroo

If you focus on just Dez. You're going to hurt yourself. Look for Logan(#7) to make some big plays. Their QB is pretty shifty as well. I think parkers chapel takes this one.

JC Guy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 01:28:57 pm
If you focus on just Dez. You're going to hurt yourself. Look for Logan(#7) to make some big plays. Their QB is pretty shifty as well. I think parkers chapel takes this one.
Told you they had more than just Jackson PB.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: JC Guy on August 26, 2015, 06:29:34 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 01:28:57 pm
Told you they had more than just Jackson PB.

I haven't seen them in a while. All I knew; going off knowledge, they only has Dez.

Bagheera

Do they have a line to protect the playmakers?  Haven't seen them this year but I know last year they weren't able to handle MC's defense.

Wilson

Not real sure what this means or either Parkers Chapel or Lafayette county. . but i read that PC scored 9 touchdowns against LC in their scrimmage . . .that's a lot.  even in a scrimmage

Proud Buckaroo

I don't want to say anything negative. But LC's line is very questionable.

Wilson

If they really scored 9 td's. . thats still a lot. . even against air . .lol. . .i thought people were saying LC would compete for their district championship this year. . or did i dream that?

Proud Buckaroo

It's very possible that LC could contend for the conference title. Burks looked pretty good. He really didn't touch the ball that much. They have a few other talented kids that they need to get the ball into their hands. The QB kind of collapsed when the pressure was coming. Their line does need work. They seemed lazy at times, but they are REALLY big. Just need some work to do in non-conference. I don't particularly like the way their coach was talking to them. I'm not calling anyone out, or elaborating either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on August 28, 2015, 05:22:04 pm
If they really scored 9 td's. . thats still a lot. . even against air . .lol. . .i thought people were saying LC would compete for their district championship this year. . or did i dream that?

You didn't dream it

Wilson

So either PC has made a big leap. .  LC isn't as good as advertised. . or the 7 is gonna be down this year. . .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on August 28, 2015, 06:10:59 pm
So either PC has made a big leap. .  LC isn't as good as advertised. . or the 7 is gonna be down this year. . .

A little of the 3 I think

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Wilson on August 28, 2015, 06:10:59 pm

I believe it's a little of all these answers.

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on August 28, 2015, 04:51:07 pm
Not real sure what this means or either Parkers Chapel or Lafayette county. . but i read that PC scored 9 touchdowns against LC in their scrimmage . . .that's a lot.  even in a scrimmage

CLICK HERE

PC fan

Will be a fun year for Parkers Chapel football fans this year.. have a lot of skill postion players ..same group that beat everybody in conference but Rison three years ago in jr high.. I know it doesn't always correlate to sr high ball but gives u an idea ... I will say if they finish 3rd I wont be surprised.. tied Smackover 7-7 after 15 plays apiece..that says something scrimmage or not and it wont be just the Dez Jackson show I promise you...with no injuries could be best team they've ever had.. time will tell..just saying Magnet game will be a good test for both to see where they stand opening up the season.. cant wait , I'm picking Pc by 10 plus...should be a good one to watch.

eldofan

How nice are the facilities at Magnet Cove? Do they compare to Pc?. I will be near there Friday night and may catch this game.

magnetcove60

Longfellow

I think I'll pick Parker's Chapel in this one. My dad graduated from there so I'll pick in the family

eldofan

Cheek

Quote from: eldofan on August 29, 2015, 06:51:36 pm
How nice are the facilities at Magnet Cove? Do they compare to Pc?. I will be near there Friday night and may catch this game.

They are much nicer than PC.   There home side is the best in 2A. 

bigworm

Quote from: Cheek on August 29, 2015, 09:22:36 pm
Quote from: eldofan on August 29, 2015, 06:51:36 pm

They are much nicer than PC.   There home side is the best in 2A. 

the home side is really nice but the announcer will drive ya crazy. Every pass thrown is "almost intercepted"  haha.

bleudog

Wasn't that where PC played one year and only one end zone had goal posts?

Proud Buckaroo

Cheek

Quote from: bleudog on August 29, 2015, 09:57:01 pm
Wasn't that where PC played one year and only one end zone had goal posts?

I am from England, but MC had two goal post when we played.  MC is a rival in our conference, and I am not a fan.  MC has nice facilities,  but I really like their home side.  The home bleachers sit on a hill, and the press box, consession stand and bathrooms are at the top of the bleachers. 

BigLion10

Cheek

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 29, 2015, 10:36:17 pm
There track is very good as well

Not as good as ours.  Their track is getting bad in places.

BigLion10

Ours is really nice they did a great job on it this summer

BigLion10

August 29, 2015, 10:44:55 pm #27 Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:48:26 pm by BigLion10
I hadn't been on their track in a couple of years but it used to be really good

Rida4Life

I think that PC scored 5 times vs LC and 9 vs Foreman.  I could be wrong but I think that's what I was told. 

People that key on Dez this year are likely to get burned by soph Amonte Harris.  This kid can fly!  Don't forget about Harbor and Morgan either.  Plenty of skill to go around this year, even with Gill out with an injury.

Bagheera

Magnet's bleachers and press box are fairly new I'd say about 4 years old.  They did play several games with one goal post one year.  They thought they had time to get them both back up but only had time to finish one. 

Magnet may have several key players out with injuries Friday night.  The past few weeks haven't been good to the Panthers. Our depth will be tested early.

SR30

Good luck going in Panthers.. keep your heads up and play like I know you can. A win would be great but getting all your players well for conference is the most important

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 05:30:12 pm

You didn't dream it

For Bearden, the problem with starting 9 sophs., on defense is that they are going to give up some big plays, and last night they did. But LC's Burks & their QB had problems with all night with the improved speed from the Bears D. Numerous times LC tried to break Burks out, but the Bears kept him to a minimum. Bearden gets two key defensive players back friday V. Harmony Grove and HG will face a much faster Bearden D ( than last year).     

THA TRUTH

bearden might get lucky and make the playoffs as a 5 seed

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 01, 2015, 07:59:04 am

You didn't dream it

For Bearden, the problem with starting 9 sophs., on defense is that they are going to give up some big plays, and last night they did. But LC's Burks & their QB had problems with all night with the improved speed from the Bears D. Numerous times LC tried to break Burks out, but the Bears kept him to a minimum. Bearden gets two key defensive players back friday V. Harmony Grove and HG will face a much faster Bearden D ( than last year).     

LC had two TDs called back. If they hadn't been called back. Bearden would have lost.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 01, 2015, 02:20:57 pm

You didn't dream it

How many gifts did

LC had two TDs called back. If they hadn't been called back. Bearden would have lost.

How many gifts did Bearden give LC last night Einstein. The Bears left at least 21 points on the table from Soph., mistakes. I was talking about their Defense when you changed topic again. You should worry about your undersized line and the problems that will come from that this year which just started last night. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 01, 2015, 04:27:47 pm

You didn't dream it

How many gifts did

How many gifts did Bearden give LC last night Einstein. The Bears left at least 21 points on the table from Soph., mistakes. I was talking about their Defense when you changed topic again. You should worry about your undersized line and the problems that will come from that this year which just started last night.

How many gifts did Lafayette county give Bearden?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 01, 2015, 04:34:37 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 01, 2015, 04:27:47 pm

You didn't dream it

How many gifts did

How many gifts did Lafayette county give Bearden?
LC had two chop block calls that stalled their drives and should have been called for more. They were cheating to get the W PB! You know that. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It really doesn't matter L.C. plays in the 7, we all know the teams from that conference  become a non factor once the playoffs start.  ;D

Bagheera

I know last year LC really only had #14 when we played them in the first round.  We limited his big plays and got the win.  Wait a minute..... why are we talking about LC and Bearden? lol Where are the Parkers Chapel fans?  MC fans?  No smack talk 2 days before gameday?  I need something to keep me entertained on a Wednesday morning.

THA TRUTH

PC wins this one just because of Jackson

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 02, 2015, 08:32:26 am
PC wins this one just because of Jackson

They have more than just Jackson this year.

THA TRUTH

Just like they did last year but he still was there whole offense so as Jackson goes PC goes

Bagheera

Well its finally here!  Time to let the kids do the talking on the field.  Good luck to both teams.  Hope that everyone stays safe to and from the game and injury free on the field.  Go Panthers!

Proud Buckaroo

Go Parkers chapel! Make Union county proud.

THA TRUTH

Yea cause smackover sure failed us earlier this week

bleudog

Is PC streaming its away games this year?

bleudog

JC Guy

HarryCaray

14-6 Chapel after 1. Flags and turnovers everywhere

bleudog

PC   14
MC    6

end of first

Quarter was full of penalties and turnovers.

One of PC TDs was Jackson going 50+.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas