• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett/Cedarville/Waldron scrimmage

Started by Hornet4ever, August 24, 2015, 08:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Well Hackett impressed tonight. Hacketts first string had no problems scoring on Waldron or Cedarville. Defense impressed as well, our QB sit out our second rotation on offense to avoid injury but we still performed well. If we can keep it together and lower our mistakes Hector will receive a good game from us for sure.

nastynice

PrivateLesson

wiseguy

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 24, 2015, 08:31:41 pm
Well Hackett impressed tonight. Hacketts first string had no problems scoring on Waldron or Cedarville. Defense impressed as well, our QB sit out our second rotation on offense to avoid injury but we still performed well. If we can keep it together and lower our mistakes Hector will receive a good game from us for sure.
Hector is looking for a good game with Hackett :)  But Hector has a secret weapon this year ;) We'll be scrimmaging Danville on Tuesday-nite.

Hornet4ever

I wasn't able to attend the Cedarville scrimmage last year, but I was told they did look better this year then last. Waldron looked A LOT better then the Waldron that hasn't won in 4 years. Hackett was very sound on offense. On the live 10 plays they scored 3 times on both teams. Our backup QB picked up the slack and played alright. He just hasn't seen much of playing time this summer so it was tougher then with our 1st string QB. I guess we will see at Two Rivers, we are going to have to go without a couple of our playmakers against Two Rivers due to out of state baseball so if we lose it, oh well. But hopefully even without some of our guys we can still take care of business and get a win before heading to Hector. Time will tell folks.

PrivateLesson

Glad to hear Waldron was improved.   I heard they won both scrimmages.  #GoDogs! 

Baby steps. 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 25, 2015, 07:32:27 am
Glad to hear Waldron was improved.   I heard they won both scrimmages.  #GoDogs! 

Baby steps.

They scored on our second string D but neither teams scored on our first team D.

Proud Buckaroo

I have said it before. Scrimmages are just that. A scrimmage. They do not really mean much of anything at all.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 25, 2015, 09:19:05 am
I have said it before. Scrimmages are just that. A scrimmage. They do not really mean much of anything at all.

I agree. But it is a nice sight seeing our offenses and defenses performing at their best against two schools that are bigger then us. Even though Waldron hasn't won the last 4 years and Cedarville has struggled these last couple years they are still bigger. So it's a nice sight to see us perform early in the season on all cylinders.

Proud Buckaroo

I agree with those points as well. It's nice to be able to see your teams perfom against, or hit other teams. Other than hitting/playing each other.

beach bum

If Hackett gets by Two Rivers expect 9 wins in the regular season. If they do that a double digit win season is really a possibility. If they don't beat Two Rivers 10 will be nearly impossible.

Proud Buckaroo

Two rivers is newly improved though. I don't think a Hackett loss could judge your regular season.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2015, 10:28:08 am
If Hackett gets by Two Rivers expect 9 wins in the regular season. If they do that a double digit win season is really a possibility. If they don't beat Two Rivers 10 will be nearly impossible.

Man, I hope we can take them out. I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't worried hence the fact a couple of our starters will be gone but we can't depend on a few players we just have to play as a team. I'm sure Two Rivers will be out for blood since they still haven't gotten a win over us since we started playing them. I just think a 1-0 start will be good going into Hector. Because Hector will be everything we ask for.

Fatfullback

Are these two starters missing the Two Rivers game out due to playing traveling ball in a baseball tournament?

beach bum

Quote from: Fatfullback on August 25, 2015, 03:32:57 pm
Are these two starters missing the Two Rivers game out due to playing traveling ball in a baseball tournament?

That's what I am thinking? Why in the world would a kid miss a football game for baseball in the fall? Unless the 2 kids are like big time D1 prospects why would you miss football for baseball in the fall.....

Fatfullback

I know in the past that the American Legion teams would have State Tournaments late in the summer, but it usually conflicted with practice and not the beginning of the season.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on August 25, 2015, 03:46:17 pm
Quote from: Fatfullback on August 25, 2015, 03:32:57 pm

That's what I am thinking? Why in the world would a kid miss a football game for baseball in the fall? Unless the 2 kids are like big time D1 prospects why would you miss football for baseball in the fall.....

Yes, it's travelling baseball. The two boys who are missing are excellent baseball players. They will be missing the Two Rivers game and another conference game, not sure which one though. Don't remember.

Fatfullback

Wow I bet Coach Hester is not too thrilled about that. The good news is some other players get thrown into the mix and he gets to develop some experience and hopefully some depth for the future.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Fatfullback on August 26, 2015, 02:40:38 pm
Wow I bet Coach Hester is not too thrilled about that. The good news is some other players get thrown into the mix and he gets to develop some experience and hopefully some depth for the future.

Yeah, we will probably have to mix it up some. Shouldn't be too big of a deal. We have other players who are more then ready to step up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas