• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle @ England "Battle of the Beast"

Started by Bigditchlion, August 22, 2015, 06:59:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

Time to start the talk. Carlisle comes to England for what looks like the last time to compete for the battle of the beast trophy. Who do Ya have? What are carlisle fans thinking??
I have the Lions in the opener.

RiverEagle079

Ill stick bye what I said England wins by 2 scores but if it where at the end of the season Carlisle would take the win

BrianfromCarlisle

I think this game may be closer than expected.  Carlisle seems to really be taking to the new offense. I think at the end of the day, England's QB may prove a little much.  England by 8.

Ventman

Worse than last year for the Bison. Sorry the Lions just will have to many weapons.

BigLion10

Bigditchlion

Since this is the last time they play does England go the spurrier way of thinking instead of pumping the breaks like last year?

BrianfromCarlisle

If the opportunity presents itself, absolutely.  Make a statement against your nemesis to start a season in which you expect to be good???  That could put England over the hump. At least, I would if I could. Lol. I don't think it will happen though. Carlisle may surprise.

bigworm

The bison will be the bison. They will fight to the bitter end. Now being that i am an england lion i will say the lions take it by a couple scores. Coach Farmer will adjust defensively and i cant imagine that the first year of a new offense will be very smooth for the bizen after running that wing since their conception. I cant wait for the game. I pray for health a safety for all the young men involved. And obviously a lion win.  ;D Coach Farmer wont run up the score even if he can. To be honest this game means nothing to him other than how his team plays. Win or lose dont mean jack crap. He wants to win it because he understands its a rival game but i can assure you hes more focused on week 4 through 10.

BrianfromCarlisle

Ventman

I'm a huge believer in karma. Running scores up will come back to bite you in the butt. I still say England will be to much for the Bison to handle.

bigworm

What time the scrimmage start monday? Lonoke or carlisle?

big E

Farmer won't run the score up but he won't quit playing football either the seconds will go full throttle and you'll have to stop them. That being said Lions roll 52-12.

Bigditchlion

I'm  interested to see this new offense of carlisle. It will seem weird not seeing them in their classic offense. In the past you know it's a run, just have to stop it and when you don't its a chew the clock up marathon for the bison. Much respect for the bison! Hope they come back on the schedule in the future though. Not gonna be the same without playing them.

Cheek

EtownLions300

BrianfromCarlisle

Scrimmage starts at 6 at Lonoke.  They are running the Harding offense

bigworm

Quote from: EtownLions300 on August 23, 2015, 07:53:42 am
What new offense are they running ??

welcome to fearless. Check your personal messages.

Ric Flair

When does England scrimmage at Stuttgart?? Carlisle is running the flexbone, it is more option oriented. Defense will be the key for Carlisle. You have to stop people to be competitive. Flexbone is good when executed but can have turnovers until you have experience running it. Carlisle can not afford turnovers against anyone, especially England.

bigworm

England scrimmages at stuttgart tuesday night. I think its us, stuttgart, clarendon, amd fordyce. Pretty sure it starts at 6.

BigLion10

echo5whiskey

How many Seniors does Carlisle have playing this year? I know when this senior class were sophmores, only 4 or 5 were on the team.

BigLion10

bigworm

Carlisle looked a little rough around the edges with the new offense. Put together a nice drive against lonoke. Several practices left till game time so im confident they will be a little more sharp come sep 4th. Defense held its own against lonokes matching flex bone. Didnt fair so well against maumelles spread.

BrianfromCarlisle

Spot on.  Don't have enough athletes to cover spread yet. They will be ok once they get a better feel for the offense.

Bigditchlion

Couldn't make the scrimmage. How did England look?

Ventman

9 more days and we get to watch some football.

big E

From what the PW coaches told me this morning England looked very sharp and very fast.

Ventman

They are fast and the offense looks very nice!

bigworm

Ventman

I'm ready, I just hope those ole Bison can keep it interesting. See you'll Friday night big.

Bigditchlion

I'm ready too! Always fun to watch this rivalry game!

littleman

I'm going with the England Lions by as many as  They want to put up. Farmer won't run the score up though, it's a Yankee thang. Good luck guys and stay healthy.

lionfan59

England takes this game hands down. The speed along with the experience returning will be seen. Only thing I'm waiting to see is who steps up to be a power player like Toney was last year. 

M.I Time

England by 14. There QB will come alive in this game . Look god a big season out of England

bigworm

I think this game could be a close one. I believe england will score plenty. Im just curious to see how disciplined our defense will play. If we get sloppy, the bizen will keep it close and then who knows.

Bigditchlion

Defense and the line play will be the key imo. If England's line plays well and keeps the qb clean then the bison will be in for a long night. Defense needs to be very disciplined with its secondary. Let the bison gain momentum and we all know what can happen, seen it too many times.  Expect a huge crowd with this being the first game of the year and last meeting between the 2. Still can't believe we aren't gonna see them next yr. Carlisle has been kicking our teeth in for years. Time for some payback men. Keep the trophy here!

Ventman

England will win by at least threes scores. The Bison are young and have a new system in place. This will be a learning game for them, I just hope they learn fast cause the 6 is gonna be tough this year!

Lions84

The Scourge of the Grand Prairie are going to get CRUNKED!

Lionbro20

I take the lions by 20 unless Carlisle is a lot sharper than they were at lonoke, glad football season is among us

big E

bigworm

Quote from: Lions84 on August 31, 2015, 09:34:55 am
The Scourge of the Grand Prairie are going to get CRUNKED!

dang auto correct. you meant CRUSHED, right?  ;D

big E

What is crunked I'm 42 and I speak English.

Ventman

I think that means the Bison are gonna get whipped!😂

bigworm

im just talkin a little smack. I honestly believe that it will be more competitive than most think. if our boys look back and think last years game will repeat itself we may go away with our tale between our legs.

echo5whiskey

Where did the Harris kid end up? Is he playing college ball any where?

Bigditchlion

Bigditchlion

Just a few days men! All the hard work gets showcased on the grid iron. Go Lions!!

BigLion10

Lions84

CRUNKED is a old slang team used by Bison fans a few years ago.  I believe England will lay it on them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas