• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A Week 1

Started by beach bum, August 17, 2015, 07:51:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

August 17, 2015, 07:51:38 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:55:45 pm by beach bum
Hector 49 Marshall 14 (Hector starts a great season with an easy W)

Greenland 49 JC Westside 0 (JC Westside outmatched in this one)

Cedarville 50 Mountainburg 14 (Mountainburg unable to give rival challenge this year)

Mount Ida 42 Magazine 14 (Mount Ida has plently of potential and shows it)

Brinkley 49 Western Yell 7 (Brinkley rushes for as many yards as it wants in this one)

Berryville 42 Decatur 7 (Berryville may be way down but I have no idea why they are even playing Decatur)

Two Rivers 36 Hackett 35 [OT] (Two Rivers wins an evenly matched affair)

Lavaca 42 Union Christian 7 (Lavaca wishes they could be in the 4-2A already)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2015, 07:51:38 pm
Hector 49 Marshall 14
Greenland 49 JC Westside 0
Cedarville 50 Mountainburg 14
Mount Ida 42 Magazine 14
Brinkley 49 Western Yell 7
Berryville 42 Decatur 7
Two Rivers 36 Hackett 35 (OT)
Lavaca 42 Union Christian 7

Looks about right...wouldn't be surprised to see union christian put up a bit of a fight, depth is an issue for them though

beach bum

I am doing my usual of rooting for Hector in 2A just so the 4-2A has a rep doing something... when they move to the 5-2A I will probably have to root for Lavaca then out of the 4-2A.

Outlaw55

The key factor in the Hackett Two Rivers game will be Two Rivers size and experience up front on both lines.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2015, 08:07:51 pm
I am doing my usual of rooting for Hector in 2A just so the 4-2A has a rep doing something... when they move to the 5-2A I will probably have to root for Lavaca then out of the 4-2A.

If you choose to root for Danville, I'll start a petition to get you banned haha

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Outlaw55 on August 17, 2015, 11:15:10 pm
The key factor in the Hackett Two Rivers game will be Two Rivers size and experience up front on both lines.

Think Hackett will handle them just like we did last year. They had a QB who could run and without him they couldn't do anything.

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2015, 06:24:56 am
Quote from: beach bum on August 17, 2015, 08:07:51 pm

If you choose to root for Danville, I'll start a petition to get you banned haha
I will sign that petition

Longfellow

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 18, 2015, 07:03:47 am

Think Hackett will handle them just like we did last year. They had a QB who could run and without him they couldn't do anything.
Wouldn't really call last years game handling them. Two Rivers has the same QB and some skill players who have developed nicely since the new coach came in. In their new offense, with guys who are committed to the system, and some experience up front, I think TR takes it in a close one.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Longfellow on August 18, 2015, 08:07:08 am

Wouldn't really call last years game handling them. Two Rivers has the same QB and some skill players who have developed nicely since the new coach came in. In their new offense, with guys who are committed to the system, and some experience up front, I think TR takes it in a close one.

I believe they handled them just fine. Sure, Two Rivers kept it close for some of the game but the end of the game was a simple run the clock out for the Hornets. Who knows Two Rivers may come out like a freight train and run the Hornets out of town. I do know that we have a couple of kids that will not be at the game for baseball stuff out of state. One of them being a huge playmaker for us.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 18, 2015, 09:54:23 pm

I believe they handled them just fine. Sure, Two Rivers kept it close for some of the game but the end of the game was a simple run the clock out for the Hornets. Who knows Two Rivers may come out like a freight train and run the Hornets out of town. I do know that we have a couple of kids that will not be at the game for baseball stuff out of state. One of them being a huge playmaker for us.

Hey, I like pre loaded excuses haha! Biggest thing for two rivers this year it's the change in scheme and new coach...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 19, 2015, 06:35:18 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 18, 2015, 09:54:23 pm

Hey, I like pre loaded excuses haha! Biggest thing for two rivers this year it's the change in scheme and new coach...

Having a legitimate excuse is always nice. I still think we win the ball game, but not having them there will definitely not help us. Lasko is one of our number one playmakers.

Hornet4ever

I will know a lot more and have a better view on if I think we can really stand up to Hector after the scrimmage Monday. It will be our first live game style action we've had with the news boys and our new add ins at the start of the school year. Should get a pretty good perspective off of that, Cedarvile usually brings all they have to the table.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 21, 2015, 09:12:33 pm
I will know a lot more and have a better view on if I think we can really stand up to Hector after the scrimmage Monday. It will be our first live game style action we've had with the news boys and our new add ins at the start of the school year. Should get a pretty good perspective off of that, Cedarvile usually brings all they have to the table.

Man....Its gonna be a long week next week knowing that the next week the season starts!  I'm gonna try and watch hectors scrimmage on Tuesday...Danville should be pretty stout.

In other news, heard today that decatur has 20 out this year....is that better than last year

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 21, 2015, 09:21:34 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 21, 2015, 09:12:33 pm

Man....Its gonna be a long week next week knowing that the next week the season starts!  I'm gonna try and watch hectors scrimmage on Tuesday...Danville should be pretty stout.

In other news, heard today that decatur has 20 out this year....is that better than last year

I wasn't able to make the Decatur game last year. But the year before I think they had 17-18 players out. Danville will be pretty stout, should give you guys a chance to know what to iron out before regular season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas