• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lafayette County week 1

Started by Eddie Goodson, August 16, 2015, 09:04:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Does the LC Varsity team play Bearden or Hermitage in week one?  Is the other game a JV game?

BigLion10

No they play Bearden Monday night at uapb and hermitage friday night both senior high games

Eddie Goodson

How is that possible? Do they have a bye week later in the year?

BigLion10

Eddie Goodson

HorseFeathers

Looks like hector started a trend 2 years ago when they played hartford and two rivers in the opening week...

Last year Episcopal done it...Now Smackover, Lafayette County, and Bearden are doing it this season.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: HF on August 16, 2015, 09:14:17 pm
Looks like hector started a trend 2 years ago when they played hartford and two rivers in the opening week...

Last year Episcopal done it...Now Smackover, Lafayette County, and Bearden are doing it this season.
If it is to fill a bye week, I can see it. A missed gate is big money missed.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 16, 2015, 09:16:56 pm
Quote from: HF on August 16, 2015, 09:14:17 pm

If it is to fill a bye week, I can see it. A missed gate is big money missed.

We(Hector) did it, because(The story I was given, anyway) we jumped the gun on a team dropping for the season, and had already filled the opening with a restarted program(Marshall). So, had to scramble and shuffle around part of the season schedule to get all the conference games in.

Smackover will make up the gate from the missed week, on saturday of week 1. When Junction City comes to town....Myself, I'm driving a couple hours to see that one...

Proud Buckaroo

Believe me. Smackover will not be missing the gate money for the bye week. With smackover playing junction city on a Saturday. There is going to be so many people there. All the surrounding Union county. People from out of town are showing up for this game. There's going to be barely be standing room. Game starts at 7:30p. Better get there at 5:30p if you want a decent seat.

Backwoods Bart

Can anyone give us a scouting report on LC? Everyone is aware of the good RB there, but can someone breakdown by position their top athletes?

Hollerboy79

Is Burks back this year? Rumor I heard was that he possibly was gone somewhere else?

Proud Buckaroo

Bigpoppie

They have some more backs that run at the slot position.  They werent near as dangerous as Burks kid tho.  Stopping him is a tough task.  They have alot back on both sides of the ball.  What about Bearden?  What weapons do they have?  I heard their sophomores are pretty good.

BigLion10

Any college looks for Burks yet

Proud Buckaroo

LadyCougar

Burks has full offers from Missouri State and Harding and others taking really close looks

Backwoods Bart

August 20, 2015, 07:55:16 am #17 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:35:09 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: Bigpoppie on August 19, 2015, 12:31:31 pm
They have some more backs that run at the slot position.  They werent near as dangerous as Burks kid tho.  Stopping him is a tough task.  They have alot back on both sides of the ball.  What about Bearden?  What weapons do they have?  I heard their sophomores are pretty good.

Bearden's O/L averages around 250#, even with one of their sr. guards being side lined with a broken bone in his hand. 
I was able to catch a couple of spring practices and I will say, these 10th graders were hitting so hard that I was afraid that they were going to take each other out & put their depth in a precarious situation.

Wonderdog

Quote from: LadyCougar on August 19, 2015, 11:35:56 pm
Burks has full offers from Missouri State and Harding and others taking really close looks
I didn't realize D2's offered full rides. Thought the scholarships were so limited that they almost had no choice but to break them up. (Referring to Harding)

El Jefe

Lafayette finally has a coach that wants to be there. LC is on the rise imo

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: El Jefe on August 21, 2015, 11:33:29 am
What's the new coach name?

El Jefe

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 21, 2015, 11:42:28 am
Quote from: El Jefe on August 21, 2015, 11:33:29 am
What's the new coach name?
idk...he was there last year as an assistant.

Rida4Life

Question about that..... where did coach Phillips go?  What happened?  I didn't know they had a new coach until Monday night.....

Proud Buckaroo

Not impressed with bearden at all...

natedogg713

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 31, 2015, 05:57:55 pm
Yea Bearden does not have the athletes they have had in the past. Although the running back is a decent back and the qb is good for a sophmore.

RiverEagle079

What is the score if it has started already

RiverEagle079

nevermind seen the score thread

Proud Buckaroo

Backwoods Bart

How does the sound of 0-2 Saturday evening sound to you PB!

Don't bash other teams when you have the weakest line in 3-A.  Loser!

Proud Buckaroo

I wasn't basing your team.. I wasn't impressed with how they were playing. In case you cannot read time. When did I post it? Literally 15 minutes into the game..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 01, 2015, 08:53:19 pm

How does the sound of 0-2 Saturday evening sound to you PB!

Don't bash other teams when you have the weakest line in 3-A.  Loser!

Wait what? A fan of another team cant criticize our state their opinion if their team has a bad game? You must be a liberal with that mindset

Bigpoppie

I guess LC will never get any credit.  Because Bearden won on the last play and played LC close they are down and dont have the athletes they have has in the past.  True they do have 9 soph and are young, but give LC some credit they gave them all they wanted and should have won.  Penalties hurt.  Shoulda  is different than winning I know that.  So if this means anything a preseason three from the 7-2a stood went toe-toe with a preseason three from the 8-2a. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas