• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 hermitage @ LC

Started by heavyhittaz_7, August 14, 2015, 12:34:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

Hermits hit the road to take on the Cougars in a non conference match up. Everybody know of burks and everyone knows of Thomas. The Cougars won last year 15-12 in nasty conditions the bottom fell out 20 mintues before the game and it slowed both teams down. I plan on makeing the trip over there but haven't been to there field in a while think in was stamps last time I been that way. What's yall out take on this week 1 match up?

mtindian42

HorseFeathers

I thought Lafayette county opened with Bearden on the 31st

Proud Buckaroo

They do. Bearden, and LC play two games like Smackover.

BigLion10

mhfcharlesi

LC by as much as they want long as they come out of Bearden game healthy and good conditions!!

JC Guy

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 15, 2015, 05:53:24 pm
LC by as much as they want long as they come out of Bearden game healthy and good conditions!!
LC must be pretty good if this is the case. Hermitage will not be anyone's door mat this year. Just like PC sleep on them and you will get got.

Backwoods Bart

Healthy and good conditions? What the heck does that mean?

LadyCougar

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 06:30:29 pm
LC must be pretty good if this is the case. Hermitage will not be anyone's door mat this year. Just like PC sleep on them and you will get got.

Sleep on LC and the Hermits could possibly get got.

JC Guy

Quote from: LadyCougar on August 15, 2015, 07:22:17 pm

Do you really think the Hermits sleep on anybody? They are hungry for some respect so you will get what ever they have. I really don't have a dog in the fight as you can see by my handle. I am just saying that they can play a little and have one of the best if not the best player in 2A. So who ever gets got don't really matter to me. If LC is good enough to win by as much as they want then they will not be sleeping on them. Just remember the Bears that he was worried about beating LC up had all they want and then some with the Hermits last year. Good luck!

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 07:43:18 pm

Do you really think the Hermits sleep on anybody? They are hungry for some respect so you will get what ever they have. I really don't have a dog in the fight as you can see by my handle. I am just saying that they can play a little and have one of the best if not the best player in 2A. So who ever gets got don't really matter to me. If LC is good enough to win by as much as they want then they will not be sleeping on them. [Just remember the Bears that he was worried about beating LC up had all they want and then some with the Hermits last year]. Good luck!

huh?

JC Guy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 15, 2015, 08:20:41 pm

Do you really think the Hermits sleep on anybody? They are hungry for some respect so you will get what ever they have. I really don't have a dog in the fight as you can see by my handle. I am just saying that they can play a little and have one of the best if not the best player in 2A. So who ever gets got don't really matter to me. If LC is good enough to win by as much as they want then they will not be sleeping on them. [Just remember the Bears that he was worried about beating LC up had all they want and then some with the Hermits last year]. Good luck!

huh?
54 - 40 was that final score correct?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 08:41:55 pm

huh?
Of what game? V. Woodlawn or Bearden?

JC Guy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 15, 2015, 08:43:27 pm

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 08:49:25 pm

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage
yea that's correct 54-40

JC Guy

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage
Just went back and looked and only three teams hung more than 40 on the Bears last year ( JC, Rison and Hermatage ) JC only hung 39 on them first meeting and had over 40 in the playoffs.

Backwoods Bart

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage

Hermitage did play a good game last year.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 15, 2015, 09:06:51 pm

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage

This year, the hermit's will face a much quicker D (in Bearden) than last. IMO, Bearden's linebacker corp is much quicker and physical. The Hermit's will have no answer for Bearden's "O". But you do make a good case!

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 15, 2015, 09:31:43 pm

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage

This year, the hermit's will face a much quicker D (in Bearden) than last. IMO, Bearden's linebacker corp is much quicker and physical. The Hermit's will have no answer for Bearden's "O". But you do make a good case!
It should be a good game to watch no doubt and can go either way. Want be no blow out for either team. Hermits gone come to play every Friday night u can believe that!

JC Guy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 15, 2015, 09:31:43 pm

huh?
Beardon Vs Hermatage

Bart I was never questioning the Bears. I was making a point to the two LC fans that Hermatage will not be the old Hermatage so if they make statements about how they are going to hang as many on them as they want or Hermatage better not sleep on them ( LC ). Monty will be dangerous by himself and my understanding is he has a little help again this year. The moral to the story is don't feed the crow so much that you can't eat him if you have to.

heavyhittaz_7

Do anybody know what kind of offense LC will run? I know they got a new coach and all and was wondering if he changed it up or sticking with the double wing.

mhfcharlesi

Bart to clear it up..good weather conditions since you need it broken down!! I hope it is a game but I know that if it hadn't been for that weather last year and first game in the new offense then it would've been worse..mind you they brought back all 11 on offense and 9 on Defense..the numbers hooten got are wrong they didn't lose anything but head coach but I would like to wish both teams good luck this season

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 15, 2015, 11:21:23 pm
Bart to clear it up..good weather conditions since you need it broken down!! I hope it is a game but I know that if it hadn't been for that weather last year and first game in the new offense then it would've been worse..mind you they brought back all 11 on offense and 9 on Defense..the numbers hooten got are wrong they didn't lose anything but head coach but I would like to wish both teams good luck this season
I doubt it would have been worser.

mhfcharlesi

I'm done with it..but you'll see what I mean and you guys are coming to Keith Field.. Well good day heavyhitta like I said good luck to your squad

heavyhittaz_7

Indeed. Good luck to yall also buddy.

LadyCougar

Is this post in reference to LC vs. Bearden or LC vs. Hermitage? You know it really doesn't even matter. No doubt Thomas is a phenomenal athlete...no arguments there at all...but as I recall he played last year when LC went to Hermits town and WON!! So as for eating crow one of us will be doing that regardless since it will only be ONE winner but have no doubt that as much confidence as anyone have with their team that's how much I will have for LC, win or lose. As for Hootie's Classic against Bearden, LC will be ready to give it their best and they're ready to play.

JC Guy

Quote from: LadyCougar on August 16, 2015, 03:31:16 pm
Is this post in reference to LC vs. Bearden or LC vs. Hermitage? You know it really doesn't even matter. No doubt Thomas is a phenomenal athlete...no arguments there at all...but as I recall he played last year when LC went to Hermits town and WON!! So as for eating crow one of us will be doing that regardless since it will only be ONE winner but have no doubt that as much confidence as anyone have with their team that's how much I will have for LC, win or lose. As for Hootie's Classic against Bearden, LC will be ready to give it their best and they're ready to play.
LadyCougar I had replied to mhfcharlesi about his post of LC coming out of the Bearden game healthy and LC hanging as many points on Hermatage as they want. I was just reminding him that they can play a little. Thus they eating crow ( only one side is eating crow if they don't win because the poster from LC is making the bold prediction ). Now how we started chasing rabbits all around from that point is beyond me. Like I said early in this thread I don't really have a dog in the fight. Good luck to both teams and GO DRAGONS.

LadyCougar

No  worries JC guy...and good luck to us team as well

mtindian42

USA today score. Lc 35 hermits 32

LJ06

Hermitage had to borrow from Junior High ranks to field a team from what I hear. No depth at all.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2015, 08:24:02 pm
Hermitage had to borrow from Junior High ranks to field a team from what I hear. No depth at all.

How long till Thomas is wearing orange?

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: HF on August 25, 2015, 08:45:45 pm

he want be wearing orange unless hermitage change school colors or its the color of a college he goes to lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 25, 2015, 08:56:12 pm

he want be wearing orange unless hermitage change school colors or its the color of a college he goes to lol.

Wonder what it does to his recruiting if the hermits drop half way through the season

heavyhittaz_7

no they didnt have to they had a couple more come out when school started. it was talk of moveing 9th graders up but they didnt.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: HF on August 25, 2015, 09:01:49 pm
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 25, 2015, 08:56:12 pm

Wonder what it does to his recruiting if the hermits drop half way through the season
they want drop. got 17 kids out now they'll move 9th graders up before that happen. but it is a lack of depth for sure.

LJ06

He won't be wearing orange for the Lumberjacks.

AirWarren

It's easy to be the star on a weak team rather than share stardom on a team with other great athletes. I don't think he will ever wear Lumberjack Orange.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on August 28, 2015, 02:43:21 pm

what has happened to warren's recruiting budget?

AirWarren

Obamacare and planned parenthood.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on August 28, 2015, 03:42:54 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on August 28, 2015, 02:43:21 pm

what has happened to warren's recruiting budget?

If we have to start poaching Hermitage players to make it will be in sad shape.

heavyhittaz_7

He is better than anybody on that warren team he's faster then anybody on that team he's getting looked at by 5 D1 school's right now anybody on that team doing that? Don't think so. Monta can go to any school in Arkansas and start on a team. stay on the 4a board with that none sense.

Proud Buckaroo

Which schools have offered him?

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 10:50:38 pm
he haven't got offered yet but ole miss DC done been to hermitage to talk to him Memphis has been down miss st, Lonny (ark) has been down several times and georiga. Ole Miss invited him to the southern elite camp in Oxford next summer then just a couple days ago he got invited to the all american camp in san Antonio.

Proud Buckaroo

That's good that the kid is getting so many looks.

heavyhittaz_7

Yea it is. Just tired of people acting like he can't play for other teams. Its not his fault his mom want let him go to another school. But at one time I did hear she was gone move to jc. Just goes to show if you good no matter what school you go to colleges will find you

heavyhittaz_7

He had a heck of a game last night against drew central I mean I know it don't mean much because it was a scrimmage but he ran for two TDs at rb broke a 85 yard run on a qb keeper and caught a TD pass and threw for a TD.

Wonderdog

Monta Thomas could play somewhere on the field just about anywhere in Arkansas. Even if that means as a kick or punt returner. He has that kind of potential. He does seem like a headcase though.

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 28, 2015, 11:09:19 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 10:50:38 pm
he haven't got offered yet but ole miss DC done been to hermitage to talk to him Memphis has been down miss st, Lonny (ark) has been down several times and georiga. Ole Miss invited him to the southern elite camp in Oxford next summer then just a couple days ago he got invited to the all american camp in san Antonio.
headcase? Lol

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he said that because he chooses to stay at Hermitage rather than go to Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on August 28, 2015, 10:48:42 pm
He is better than anybody on that warren team he's faster then anybody on that team he's getting looked at by 5 D1 school's right now anybody on that team doing that? Don't think so. Monta can go to any school in Arkansas and start on a team. stay on the 4a board with that none sense.

He is not better than ANYONE on the warren team. I assure you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas