• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce/ Rison

Started by mack truck, August 13, 2015, 03:10:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack truck

BigLion10

WonderWartHawg

It's AT Fordyce.
It seldom seems to matter which team is supposed to be up or down in a given year.
Fordyce has a few good athletes, had a receiver or two that almost brought them back last year once they figured out they could throw on us a little.
Going to be tough, but going with Rison by 3.

Proud Buckaroo

The best player on fordyce's team is #3. Gates kid is a hard working kid. He never left the field when Smackover played them.

big E

Best rivalry in the state in my opinion.

mack truck

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 13, 2015, 06:37:49 pm
The best player on fordyce's team is #3. Gates kid is a hard working kid. He never left the field when Smackover played them.
I think Gates will be their workhorse again this year.Alone with a more motivated and powerful line. Gates should be able to relax a little. Im not sure if the Bugs will be able to replace the wide reciever from last year. I do they have a better team this year.Im going with the Bugs by 14.Just curious to know, What changes does Rison have? How to set eyes on?

Proud Buckaroo

I'm 99.4% sure Rison has 18 seniors this year.

BigLion10

That's alot of experience on both sides of the ball with 18 seniors, they could go a long way this year

MR#1

Quote from: big E on August 13, 2015, 06:50:56 pm

^^^ Yep. It's hard to find a better one in 3A or 2A. My favorite year was 1991. Both teams won state championships in 1990, then played an opening game tie (21-21, I think) in 1991. Each team then won their remaining games, repeating as state champions. Those were amazing years.

mack truck

Never seem two teams so eager to match up.I wonder will it be a ground game with all the speed from both teams?

BrianfromCarlisle

bjp

Quote from: MR#1 on August 16, 2015, 12:29:40 am

^^^ Yep. It's hard to find a better one in 3A or 2A. My favorite year was 1991. Both teams won state championships in 1990, then played an opening game tie (21-21, I think) in 1991. Each team then won their remaining games, repeating as state champions. Those were amazing years.

It was a good game, and great year for both teams.  Hard to believe it has almost been 25 years ago.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: MR#1 on August 16, 2015, 12:29:40 am

Not only were Rison and Fordyce their respective classification state champions in '90, so were Pine Bluff High and Dollarway.  Four state champions within about a 50 mile stretch of highway.

bigworm

i dont know about that. Great rivalry but i would say its no better than carlisle hazen.  Maybe just as good but better is tuff to say. Only  8 miles seperate them. Its standing room only no matter the records of the teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas