• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmage Dates and Opponents

Started by feedmemore, August 12, 2015, 02:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 18, 2015, 07:17:53 pm
Talked to my son's coach today and he said the jr high teams that are supposed to be in Clarendon are, Stuttgart, England, Barton, and Vilonia. Sounds like its gonna be a great and very competitive scrimmage at Harding field in Clarendon.
The website now has Barton and Dewitt listed with the other 4.

MomaLion

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 25, 2015, 11:17:54 pm
How are the scrimmages going?
It was hard for me to keep up since they were playing 2 games at the same time but I know Clarendon lost all 4 but showed some promise with a TD and interception against England.  Fordyce and Stuttgart looked like a good competitive matchup and England hung in with both of them.  Overall there was good sportsmanship all around and an enjoyable evening  :)

Wonderdog

Quote from: MomaLion on August 25, 2015, 11:25:06 pm
It was hard for me to keep up since they were playing 2 games at the same time but I know Clarendon lost all 4 but showed some promise with a TD and interception against England.  Fordyce and Stuttgart looked like a good competitive matchup and England hung in with both of them.  Overall there was good sportsmanship all around and an enjoyable evening  :)
Each team played 3 games. Stuttgart and Fordyce looked the best, but I believe that was what everyone expected. Fordyce looked particularly physical on both sides of the ball.

MomaLion

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on August 25, 2015, 11:26:57 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on August 25, 2015, 11:25:06 pm
Each team played 3 games. Stuttgart and Fordyce looked the best, but I believe that was what everyone expected. Fordyce looked particularly physical on both sides of the ball.
Agreed.

Cheek

The scores for England

England  14-8 over Fordyce
England. 22-21 over Stuttgart
England. 23-6 over Clarendon

I would still say Stuttgart was the top team if they played a complete game. England would be second followed by Fordyce and Clarendon.

MomaLion

I really wish the announcer would have given the scores after the games...I couldn't keep up with both sides lol.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on August 26, 2015, 02:00:47 am
I really wish the announcer would have given the scores after the games...I couldn't keep up with both sides lol.

Neither could I,  I was just keeping up ith England.

HorseFeathers

Hector was up and down last night against danville....I'd day the Wildcats have the potential to have their best season since Taylor took over though...that's if everything comes together...

Backwoods Bart

August 26, 2015, 07:00:22 am #59 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:25:19 am by Backwoods Bart
(first team) Bearden v. ECS  14/14

Outlaw55

My biggest question mark coming out of the Hector scrimmage was the offensive line. At times they executed perfectly but at others complete breakdown of assignments. But that's the problems you face when you have a young line but Taylor should get it lined out.

Donnie Jamon

EPC played well against Augusta.  I believe it was like 36-7.  Took us a little while to adjust to the kind of speed that Augusta has.  Augusta is a lot improved and has athletes all over the field.  Coach Floyd has done a nice job with them in a year.  They have some fast rb's and a nice 6-4,6-5 receiver.  Defensively not there yet.  They just have to get better at tackling. 

MomaLion

Big Cat Daddy

Hectors O Line is no doubt going to have to improve if they want the streak to continue. ???

WonderWartHawg

AirWarren

August 28, 2015, 02:26:47 pm #65 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:42:43 pm by AirWarren
Drew central beats Hermitage 30-24.

I heard that the senior high team had 10 players in offseason. Had to pull kids from the jr high AND cancel the jr high season. Just to field a team for senior high.

At what point does the state consolidate the two schools? That is a shame in my opinion for the kids of hermitage.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on August 28, 2015, 02:26:47 pm

I heard that the senior high team had 10 players in offseason. Had to pull kids from the jr high AND cancel the jr high season. Just to field a team for senior high.

At what point does the state consolidate the two schools? That is a shame in my opinion for the kids of hermitage.

What? That they don't want to play football?

beach bum

August 28, 2015, 05:26:07 pm #67 Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:28:14 pm by beach bum
Every school that has at least 100 kids 10th-12th grade should be able to field a football team. Its sad what is happening. If you have 50 boys in those 3 grades then 17 or 18 should want to come out and play. That's going low too on the 50 boys in three grades even for 2A. Its a little more than that even besides a handful maybe.

Proud Buckaroo

A school isn't going to be consolidated based off of football numbers. You are required to have a minimum of 350 kids. If a school has that number, the state will not close the school. UNLESS you are in academic distress.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2015, 05:26:07 pm
Every school that has 100 kids 10th-12th grade should be able to field a football team. Its sad what is happening. If you have 50 boys in those 3 grades then 17 or 18 should want to come out and play. That's going low too on the 50 boys in three grades even for 2A. Its a little more than that even besides a handful maybe.

A lot of the times. As outsiders we do not know exactly what goes on at the school/practices that make kids not want to play. They have a losing record most of the time. Some kids just don't want to lose.

HorseFeathers

Every school that has 100 kids 10th-12th grade should be able to field a football team. Its sad what is happening. If you have 50 boys in those 3 grades then 17 or 18 should want to come out and play. That's going low too on the 50 boys in three grades even for 2A. Its a little more than that even besides a handful maybe.

Why Should they want to? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 05:26:34 pm

A school isn't going to be consolidated based off of football numbers. You are required to have a minimum of 350 kids. If a school has that number, the state will not close the school. UNLESS you are in academic distress.

Not anymore...if I understood it correctly, 350 isn't a hard line for consolidation anymore

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 05:29:41 pm

Not anymore...if I understood it correctly, 350 isn't a hard line for consolidation anymore

Norphlet dropped below 350, and was going to be forced to consolidate. They consolidated themselves before the state made them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 05:31:35 pm
Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 05:29:41 pm

Norphlet dropped below 350, and was going to be forced to consolidate. They consolidated themselves before the state made them.

Law went into effect this summer I believe

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 05:27:51 pm

A lot of the times. As outsiders we do not know exactly what goes on at the school/practices that make kids not want to play. They have a losing record most of the time. Some kids just don't want to lose.

Oh yea, I definitely get your point on that. I know a lot of kids grow up in Little League, Pee Wee, etc. and are used to losing so by the end the just say screw it. If you don't have the coaches and help from the community it won't work either. I know growing up my group of aged kids were amazing in baseball and football. Basketball, we were awful as awful gets in pee wee. However, by my senior year we were 23-9 in basketball and pathetic in baseball by the time things ended. If kids wouldn't stop playing they might see some different results as they progress and other kids may not.

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 05:28:43 pm

Why Should they want to?

I would have went stir crazy not having a hobby in high school. Are these kids at least involved in other extra curricular activities?..... probably not but if so that's great too. It's terrible parenting IMO to not have your kids involved in activities outside of school. They turn to drugs and alcohol if they don't most of the time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2015, 05:35:16 pm

Oh yea, I definitely get your point on that. I know a lot of kids grow up in Little League, Pee Wee, etc. and are used to losing so by the end the just say screw it. If you don't have the coaches and help from the community it won't work either. I know growing up my group of aged kids were amazing in baseball and football. Basketball, we were awful as awful gets in pee wee. However, by my senior year we were 23-9 in basketball and pathetic in baseball by the time things ended. If kids wouldn't stop playing they might see some different results as they progress and other kids may not.

Or prefer bud light and spot lighting deer

beach bum

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 05:38:45 pm
Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2015, 05:35:16 pm

Or prefer bud light and spot lighting deer

Lol

WPWells

I agree. When I'm a parent I'll let my kids choose what they want to do. If that's sports, great. If it's band, great. If it's something else, great. But they will absolutely be involved in something.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 28, 2015, 05:43:55 pm
I agree. When I'm a parent I'll let my kids choose what they want to do. If that's sports, great. If it's band, great. If it's something else, great. But they will absolutely be involved in something.

So...you are gonna force them to be a part of something?

RiverEagle079

Well if you don't care what they get in to lets hope they don't decide to get on the wrong side of experimenting with horticulture.   ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 28, 2015, 06:16:27 pm
Well if you don't care what they get in to lets hope they don't decide to get on the wrong side of experimenting with horticulture.   ;D

The few kids I knew that got into horticulture, as you put it, had parents that a.) Were into it themselves andb) parents that thought their little 3 sport all star angel hung the moon.....so that goes both ways....

RiverEagle079

WPWells

They will be a part of whatever they want and I will fully support that. I just believe idle hands are the devil's playthings

Proud Buckaroo

I don't really know that you could really force them to be in something. That will lead to resentment..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 06:38:07 pm
I don't really know that you could really force them to be in something. That will lead to resentment..

And with some we re back to horticulture

playmaker04

Cross co. 28 Quitman 6 final 3 quarters

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

Maybe I could take lessons from.... Oh, wait. They have been banned. lol.

playmaker04

Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 09:39:33 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 28, 2015, 09:31:40 pm
Quote from: HF on August 28, 2015, 09:28:25 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on August 28, 2015, 09:27:33 pm
Cross co. 28 Quitman 6 final 3 quarters

Any details?

Yeah. Cross County won.

Young grasshopper, work on trolling skills you must..
d-line and secondary a little shaky. Offense no problem.plenty of options at running back

playmaker04

Quitman ran the spread with the read option. We gave up a couple big plays on a run by QB and a couple passes where the db never looked back for the ball.

MomaLion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas