• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC's stadium construction

Started by Backwoods Bart, August 07, 2015, 07:31:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

I came through JC yesterday and saw heavy equipment @ Dragon stadium. Looks like they had just demolished the concession stand. Three weeks before season? What the heck! Bet it will be nice when finished!

Lions84

bleudog

August 07, 2015, 12:26:46 pm #2 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:37:28 pm by bleudog
Replacing a 60 year old gym and making a number of other much needed improvements.

This football season will be played under a "pardon the progress" sign.  The entrance will be temporarily moved further north. Temporary concession stand and temporary restrooms north of the field. Next season there will be a new ticket booth, new concession stand, new restrooms and a new gym.  The new visitors stands, new pressbox and new lights should be good to go this season.  Thanks again to the taxpayers.

Proud Buckaroo

Thank goodness you guys are getting all new facilities. Especially new visitor stands!!

dragondad

Were not getting rid of the old ones, we'll save those for 3A conference game visitors.

JC Guy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 07, 2015, 12:31:57 pm
Thank goodness you guys are getting all new facilities. Especially new visitor stands!!
Hey you have gone to a fair or amusement park and paid good money for that same type of feeling we gave you for free.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on August 07, 2015, 02:32:35 pm
Were not getting rid of the old ones, we'll save those for 3A conference game visitors.

Pull them out when you play people other than smackover. lol.

Dayton Kitchens

Is there any chance the new visitor stands will be within sight of the football field?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on August 07, 2015, 04:49:18 pm
Is there any chance the new visitor stands will be within sight of the football field?

I heard they will actually be in louisiana

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on August 07, 2015, 05:12:16 pm

You know HF you can hear anything. We would never have them in La so people could see the stable of studs we keep in waiting on that side.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 07, 2015, 05:15:42 pm

You know HF you can hear anything. We would never have them in La so people could see the stable of studs we keep in waiting on that side.

So it's a eugenics program?

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on August 07, 2015, 05:16:25 pm

Well that's pretty much what I have seen posted on this site a number of times. You know across the state line is our Area 51

Dayton Kitchens

Big deal.   That's two blocks away.

bleudog

The south end of the gym won't be in Louisiana, but you could probably see LA from the roof.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 07, 2015, 06:15:11 pm

Well that's pretty much what I have seen posted on this site a number of times. You know across the state line is our Area 51

I knew that Martians were the secret ingredient

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on August 07, 2015, 07:31:35 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on August 07, 2015, 06:15:11 pm

I knew that Martians were the secret ingredient
That's who delivers the milk. Remember the milk?

Wilson

I love how that picture shows the important streets. . along with important landmarks like. . Junction City Schools.   Junction City High School.   . aaaaannnd the Dollar General Store ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on August 08, 2015, 02:38:39 pm
I love how that picture shows the important streets. . along with important landmarks like. . Junction City Schools.   Junction City High School.   . aaaaannnd the Dollar General Store ;)

Dollar GenerAl is a sign you've finally made it...haha

bleudog

Quote from: HF on August 08, 2015, 04:49:31 pm
Quote from: Wilson on August 08, 2015, 02:38:39 pm

Dollar GenerAl is a sign you've finally made it...haha

Backwoods Bart

That group of what looks to be chicken houses on the border look suspicious. Modern housing maybe?

dragondad

Bleu!!! You were supposed to crop out the athletic dorms!! At least you didn't get the airport and helipad.

bleudog

August 09, 2015, 09:17:13 pm #21 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:18:35 am by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on August 09, 2015, 08:40:41 pm
Bleu!!! You were supposed to crop out the athletic dorms!! At least you didn't get the airport and helipad.

Not dorms, those are the next phase in Dragonation Domination:  the bowling training facility.... :-X

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Temporary restrooms for this season? Whats new with that? Anytime I went to a JC game, I used the temp restrooms already in place....underneath the stands.

bleudog

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 10, 2015, 02:50:51 pm
Temporary restrooms for this season? Whats new with that? Anytime I went to a JC game, I used the temp restrooms already in place....underneath the stands.

Dang, can't take you El Doradeaux folks anywhere.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 10, 2015, 02:50:51 pm

Now that's funny. Lolllllllllll.

Lions84

bleudog

August 11, 2015, 09:24:39 pm #26 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:30:43 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Lions84 on August 11, 2015, 02:37:03 pm
Post some pics when you can.

First two are from the southwest corner of the field where the old concession stand/restroom building was.  The third is from the dirt road behind where the visitors stands were.  The new visitors stands will be constructed on a concrete pad rather than piers.

But if you meant you wanted pictures of 6ASPC doing his thing, you gonna need to find somebody else to take those pictures. :o

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bleudog on August 11, 2015, 09:24:39 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on August 11, 2015, 02:37:03 pm
Post some pics when you can.

First two are from the southwest corner of the field where the old concession stand/restroom building was.  The third is from the dirt road behind where the visitors stands were.  The new visitors stands will be constructed on a concrete pad rather than piers.

But if you meant you wanted pictures of 6ASPC doing his thing, you gonna need to find somebody else to take those pictures. :o

Thanks for the picts Blue !

Proud Buckaroo

I can't believe my eyes... The visitor stands are gone. You guys are going to make everyone stand!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Can they actually put a proper slope on the field while doing this? In some spots you can stand on one sideline and not be able to see the players on the other sideline.

Wilson

That'd a perpetual problem with the field . . Its been recrowned several times in the last 10 years. . i think its just somethilng to do with where the field happens to be . . only thing i know for sure that would cure it would be the installation of turf. .and i don't see that in the cards in the next decade

dragondad

Looks like the tailgate squatters will be happy this season, nothing to block their view.

JC Guy

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on August 11, 2015, 11:23:49 pm
Can they actually put a proper slope on the field while doing this? In some spots you can stand on one sideline and not be able to see the players on the other sideline.
Ain't going to happen.

JC Guy

Quote from: dragondad on August 12, 2015, 12:02:39 am
Looks like the tailgate squatters will be happy this season, nothing to block their view.
Word is the fence will be up. I don't know any details on that but you know how it works in JC ( if you want to see the play you got to pay ).

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Wilson on August 11, 2015, 11:59:59 pm
That'd a perpetual problem with the field . . Its been recrowned several times in the last 10 years. . i think its just somethilng to do with where the field happens to be . . only thing i know for sure that would cure it would be the installation of turf. .and i don't see that in the cards in the next decade

Doesn't the athletic fund have enough Louisiana money to install turf?  ;D ;D

Wilson

That's the one thing that doesn't come from Louisiana . . in this business plan. . kids are recruited from all over Louisiana . . mostly south Louisiana . . the Dragon athletic slush fund all goes to the Gulfstream for finding and transporting these kids ;)

Backwoods Bart

have the water closets been installed yet, that's all I need to know.

dragondad

Yep, two of them. They're nice and cozy and get pumped out once a week.

bleudog

August 30, 2015, 03:40:24 pm #38 Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:45:23 pm by bleudog
Sorry BB, I forgot about your thread and posted these in another thread.  I don't have a pic of the "temporary facilities," but here are few of the temporary concession stand (which I understand may end up over at the baseball field), the new visitor stands and the new lights.

Quote from: bleudog on August 22, 2015, 11:52:29 pm
Pardon the lens issues, but here are some more pictures of the construction progress.

Looking down the home field sidewalk.  New lights and temporary concession stand.

View of the new visitors' stands and new lights from the home side.

South end view of the new visitors' stands.

View of the new visitors' stands from the road behind the field house.

Quote from: bleudog on August 27, 2015, 10:34:44 pm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas