• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett @ Hector wk 2

Started by Hornet4ever, August 05, 2015, 11:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

I know each teams still have a week 1 game to worry about but the buzz around town here is who's gonna win the shootout with Hector. I personally feel Hector will win. Very impressive team last year especially against Rison and their tenacity taking on Bearden. Hackett busted Hector in the mouth last year in the early stage of the game with a quick 3 and out and took the ball and scored. Had a chance to score again and failed to do so which handed Hector the momentum and they never looked back! Hackett is a bigger team then usual this year. With about 12 added players from Hartford and the usual 2-3 Greenwood players who chose not to stick with the Bulldogs of Greenwood, I feel we are a different team. Skill positions look unchanged with the exception of last years senior QB. Bigger boys moved in and our line is bigger. More depth for our defense also adds that extra but that Hackett has been poisoned with the last 3-4 years. All in all I feel Hector wins this, as much as I wish it was the other way around I feel Hector is too strong AND we're playing at Hector. Oh well, time will tell and I'm excited.

My prediction
35-28 Hector in a close one.

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 05, 2015, 11:41:55 pm
I know each teams still have a week 1 game to worry about but the buzz around town here is who's gonna win the shootout with Hector. I personally feel Hector will win. Very impressive team last year especially against Rison and their tenacity taking on Bearden. Hackett busted Hector in the mouth last year in the early stage of the game with a quick 3 and out and took the ball and scored. Had a chance to score again and failed to do so which handed Hector the momentum and they never looked back! Hackett is a bigger team then usual this year. With about 12 added players from Hartford and the usual 2-3 Greenwood players who chose not to stick with the Bulldogs of Greenwood, I feel we are a different team. Skill positions look unchanged with the exception of last years senior QB. Bigger boys moved in and our line is bigger. More depth for our defense also adds that extra but that Hackett has been poisoned with the last 3-4 years. All in all I feel Hector wins this, as much as I wish it was the other way around I feel Hector is too strong AND we're playing at Hector. Oh well, time will tell and I'm excited.

My prediction

Your probably pretty close...hackett has been the only conference school to give us a game the last two years....if the game was at Hackett this year, I'd give the hornets the nod.

Are you gonna make the drive over for this one....or the two rivers game for that matter?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 09:14:23 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 05, 2015, 11:41:55 pm

My prediction

Your probably pretty close...hackett has been the only conference school to give us a game the last two years....if the game was at Hackett this year, I'd give the hornets the nod.

Are you gonna make the drive over for this one....or the two rivers game for that matter?

I'll be there. As long as work permits! I should be able too I have family that plays so I usually make every game. Only missed a few in the last 4-5 years!

beach bum

Hector 42 Hackett 28...... Its just a scrimmage but I will hear about Hackett/Waldron/Cedarville even before week 1. I believe that scrimmage is coming up quick just 3.5 weeks away on Monday, August 24th.

Hornet4ever

Hackett will be better this year simply because they didn't lose much from last year AND these new players filled in spots we lacked last year. I'm excited to see how we fair. Going to be a pleasant feeling knowing we have boys on the offensive and defensive line over 230 pounds and a minimum of 6'2. Something Hackett has only had a couple times in the last 5-6 years.

Proud Buckaroo

You're going to see a big difference with the added players. The depth definitely helps!! Especially when you got a few talented kids from those added numbers. Norphlet definitely added some talented kids to an already good group in Smackover. I still think Hector wins this one.

wps_201511

Tanner Gaines is the difference maker in this one... It doesn't matter about added depth, Hector has more experience in big time games.
Hector 30 Hackett 7

Proud Buckaroo

It does matter about depth. When you have a team who has only enough players to keep on the field. Playing some both ways. Four full quarters. Then you have the other team who has quality players who can give your star players some rest here and there. It does make a difference.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: wps_201511 on August 06, 2015, 12:33:23 pm
Tanner Gaines is the difference maker in this one... It doesn't matter about added depth, Hector has more experience in big time games.
Hector 30 Hackett 7

Lay off the peyote. Apparently you don't know anything about Hector or Hackett. Hector is a good ball club but not that good. Smh

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 06, 2015, 01:21:55 pm
Hector 30 Hackett 7

Lay off the peyote. Apparently you don't know anything about Hector or Hackett. Hector is a good ball club but not that good. Smh

He could be posting about himself... Lol.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 01:44:21 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 06, 2015, 01:21:55 pm
Hector 30 Hackett 7

He could be posting about himself... Lol.

If I remember right I think he trolls forum boards. Seen some other goofy stuff on other boards with other classifications. Oh well, always going to have those few.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 12:40:47 pm
It does matter about depth. When you have a team who has only enough players to keep on the field. Playing some both ways. Four full quarters. Then you have the other team who has quality players who can give your star players some rest here and there. It does make a difference.

I'm figuring hector will be fine on depth....not many 2a schools dress out 30+

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 02:03:03 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 12:40:47 pm

I'm figuring hector will be fine on depth....not many 2a schools dress out 30+

I remembered you telling me how many kids they dressed out. I wasn't really saying that Hector has depth issues persay. Just speaking in general.

HorseFeathers

Since I'm going to smackover for week 1...your coming to hector for week 2 right? Haha

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to Pine Bluff week 1, and going to Smackover week 1. Week 2. I will be working. No more vacation.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 06, 2015, 03:17:24 pm
I'm going to Pine Bluff week 1, and going to Smackover week 1. Week 2. I will be working. No more vacation.

Should of saved it haha

Hornet4ever

Saw the official roster count yesterday for Hackett and as of this week we have 33 players. No telling if any will be added come first day of classes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 06, 2015, 05:13:28 pm
Saw the official roster count yesterday for Hackett and as of this week we have 33 players. No telling if any will be added come first day of classes.

So tell me...is it true that 6-9 players came from the annexation of hartford?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 05:49:27 pm

Yes I don't know the exact number but around 6-9 players. Mostly boys who were really interested in playing football. No matter what school, a lot of the kids just dropped it completely. Plus the usual 3-4 from Greenwood who move over every year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 06, 2015, 06:00:35 pm

Yes I don't know the exact number but around 6-9 players. Mostly boys who were really interested in playing football. No matter what school, a lot of the kids just dropped it completely. Plus the usual 3-4 from Greenwood who move over every year.

I heard one off the GW kids was gonna be pretty good...projected to be a qb, I think

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 06, 2015, 06:06:59 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 06, 2015, 06:00:35 pm

I heard one off the GW kids was gonna be pretty good...projected to be a qb, I think

He is very good. One of the best Hackett has seen in a LONG time. 😊

Outlaw55

Proud Buckaroo

That's pretty accurate...

This is what CALPREPS says.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2015] Hector (AR) 31, [2015] Hackett (AR) 14

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 12, 2015, 03:29:45 am

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Maybe, I just don't think there will be that much of a spread. Guess we'll see.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 12, 2015, 06:48:15 am

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

T his is one game that I won't be surprised about how it goes

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 12, 2015, 06:58:36 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on August 12, 2015, 06:48:15 am

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

T his is one game that I won't be surprised about how it goes

I agree, if we got beat by 30 I wouldn't be surprised, and if we held it close I wouldn't be surprised. It's weird, I know it could go either way. Like I said, guess we'll see!

Outlaw55

Hackett does have increase numbers and size up front but I think the difference will be Hector's QB and their receivers

mtindian42

Hector has the best qb in 2a.if he is on hector blows them out.jmo

Outlaw55

wiseguy

Quote from: Outlaw55 on August 12, 2015, 11:31:13 pm
And think he's just a junior
Yea he's a junior, He's a slippery,slimy,juker,jiver! He will make you look silly if your not careful :-\  READY 4 SOME FOOTBALL!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on August 13, 2015, 10:13:51 pm
Quote from: Outlaw55 on August 12, 2015, 11:31:13 pm
And think he's just a junior
Yea he's a junior, He's a slippery,slimy,juker,jiver! He will make you look silly if your not careful :-\  READY 4 SOME FOOTBALL!!

Ask rison....I don't think I've ever seen a quarter back reverse a field as many times a Gaines did that night....

Big Cat Daddy

If Hackett can control Tanner Gaines and keep #20 out of the backfield they will be alright :) :) :) :) :) :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on August 30, 2015, 04:49:57 pm
If Hackett can control Tanner Gaines and keep #20 out of the backfield they will be alright :) :) :) :) :) :)

If our receivers actually catch the ball that night, then good luck controlling Gaines

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on August 30, 2015, 05:19:46 pm
Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on August 30, 2015, 04:49:57 pm

If our receivers actually catch the ball that night, then good luck controlling Gaines

If Hackett can't keep Gaines under control we will get blown out. If we contain him, we can make it a game.

Big Cat Daddy

Bearden and Rison couldn't stop him. Only person who can stop him is his self just saying ::)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on August 30, 2015, 08:28:24 pm
Bearden and Rison couldn't stop him. Only person who can stop him is his self just saying ::)

Turnovers killed us in both of those games....Gaines made rison look silly a few times...

Big Cat Daddy

He sure did HF. The young man is very talented. I may be wrong but I don't see any one in 4 2a stopping him not saying Hector wont loose a game. Gaines is best player in conference :) Hector may have best two players in conference along with Colton Garrison at OLB kid is a stud who makes lots of tackles behind the line.

mastiff

We will go as far as our defense will let us. Hector will be ok and I expect EVERY fan to come out and support EVERY week.

GO WILDCATS!!!!

wiseguy

Just ready to hear that whistle on Fri-nite! Let's get it on! GO HECTOR 8)

HorseFeathers

Hornet forever are you going to make the drive to ola tomorrow night?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on September 03, 2015, 09:11:48 am
Hornet forever are you going to make the drive to ola tomorrow night?

Not sure if I will be off of work in time. I'm sure I will be though. If anything may be a few minutes late.

Hornet4ever

Going to need a week to relax after the barn burner tonight in Ola. But we are all excited about going to Hector next Friday. Hope it's a good game!!

Big Cat Daddy

It will be a good game I believe. Both teams will be up for this one for sure! Didn't learn much more from Hector last night than we are ready new :)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on September 05, 2015, 09:34:01 am
It will be a good game I believe. Both teams will be up for this one for sure! Didn't learn much more from Hector last night than we are ready new :)

I haven't heard much about your guys game last night? I know Marshall isn't the greatest team in the world but how did Hector do? Did Gaines look solid as usual?

bulldog

Hector over Marshall 48-19.

Hector up 34-0 with 7:59 left in the 2nd quarter.  Began to sub shortly after.

Yes, Gaines looked pretty primed.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bulldog on September 05, 2015, 10:47:32 am
Hector over Marshall 48-19.

Hector up 34-0 with 7:59 left in the 2nd quarter.  Began to sub shortly after.

Yes, Gaines looked pretty primed.

Sounds about right.

Big Cat Daddy

Tanner Gaines looked Great. Receivers done great job catching ball and picking up yards after the catch. Our defense against the run impressed me though. Marshall or not they have a running back named Kendrick Campbell that is very physical we shut him down point blank. Also just received a phone call that Hector just picked up a 6 '4' receiver that is a pretty good athlete :) Don't no if he will play against Hackett or not but im exited  about this it will be a BIG HELP come playoff time :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on September 05, 2015, 12:01:36 pm
Tanner Gaines looked Great. Receivers done great job catching ball and picking up yards after the catch. Our defense against the run impressed me though. Marshall or not they have a running back named Kendrick Campbell that is very physical we shut him down point blank. Also just received a phone call that Hector just picked up a 6 '4' receiver that is a pretty good athlete :) Don't no if he will play against Hackett or not but im exited  about this it will be a BIG HELP come playoff time :)

As in picked up some talent from the hallways?

Big Cat Daddy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas