• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 How are 2adays going.

Started by Pit Bull, August 05, 2015, 06:40:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Who will be the Dark Horse to challenge Cross County for the Crown?

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Pit Bull

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 05, 2015, 09:22:28 pm
Do teams still do 2adays?

They better be doing them if they want to be Crispy Joe....

birddawg1986

I hope if they are doing two-days its in 1 1/2 sessions ???? I think AAA states 1 practice maximum  3 hours ???

mcnewfamily

mccrory don't run 2 a days anymore. first week is one long practice in the morning and the 2nd week they go in the afternoon. just don't seem right not having 2 adays but  you have too put the kids safety first.

Donnie Jamon

I agree. That is why I was stating who does 2adays anymore. Heck at epc we were lucky to have all there for one practice, 2 wasn't even a question.  Jr high went in the mornings and sr high in the evenings.

Pit Bull

Millenniums 2adays, practice the few early risers in the AM, second practice get those that wake up after Noon... No wind sprints for either.... Aha

Greyhound#1

Salem is gonna be way better then people think. 

RiverEagle079

playmaker04

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on August 08, 2015, 09:16:04 pm
dalem has a chance for the 4 or 5 seed

mtindian42

We will probably be around those 2 seeds as well

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 10, 2015, 12:06:07 am
Quote from: Greyhound#1 on August 08, 2015, 09:16:04 pm
dalem has a chance for the 4 or 5 seed

I would probably put them as a 5th seed. MAYBE.

1. Cross County.
2. Earle.
3. EPC.
4. Marked Tree.
5. Walnut Ridge./Possibly Salem. But I doubt it.

playmaker04

I believe nutridge gets the 4. MT and Witchtown for the 5

bdubyab60

1. CC
2. Earle
3, 4, and 5 will be a toss up. EPC is very young this year. Depends on how fast they come along. MT new coach gotta see how the kids respond to him. WR and Salem should both be improved both had lost a lot to graduation the past couple of years.

Should be some pretty good games this year in the conference.

Butch_Cassidy

Earle beat cross county  50+ to 6.... and there defense will be better ... just keep sleeping on the bulldogs.... a state semi finals team ranked number 14 in the state.  No respect no respect at all.... these dogs will be contenders for a state title... 14 ??? ??? And there returning the best qb in 2a and he's only a sophomore. ...

Pit Bull

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on August 11, 2015, 09:56:04 pm
Earle beat cross county  50+ to 6.... and there defense will be better ... just keep sleeping on the bulldogs.... a state semi finals team ranked number 14 in the state.  No respect no respect at all.... these dogs will be contenders for a state title... 14 ??? ??? And there returning the best qb in 2a and he's only a sophomore. ...

The Dogs will be Salty..... Speed to burn....

ISU7

playmaker04

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 11, 2015, 10:49:15 pm
Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on August 11, 2015, 09:56:04 pm

The Dogs will be Salty..... Speed to burn....
CC walked into an ambush last year in Earle. They were beat before they kicked the ball off. Earle was clicking on all cylinders that night and would have gave JC a run for their money that night. But you can't go by last years game to guage this year's game. Both those teams were very good 2a caliber teams and will be again this year. Earle has a great back in Merritt and their QB is a freak for his age. I'm not quite sure that your defense will be better after losing all everything Markus lane. But I'm sure it will be fine. Cross County is returning 16 seniors. That's very rare for a 2a team. They have the best back in 2a arguably. Linebacker Holden Byassee is a super team selection and a freakish athlete. But we lost the 3-2a lineman of the year Kendrick walker to graduation. That's no easy replacement. Both of these teams will be a force to reckon with come playoff time. I don't think anyone is "sleeping" on Earle. But the cc-earle game is at CC this year.

bdubyab60

I dont think Bohannon is the best QB in 2A. He beats you with his legs more than his arm. Superior athete at that position though. Earle lost quite a bit to graduation and they will go as far as Bohannon and Merritt carry them. I think the winner of the CC/Earle game is going to be the conference champ. That game just happens to be in Cherry Valley this year against the team with the most experience returning out of the entire conference. Thats why I picked CC to win the conference. And I dont think anyone is sleeping on Earle, just saying they arent the clear favorite but fully capable of winning the conference.

JC Guy

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 12, 2015, 04:21:22 pm
I dont think Bohannon is the best QB in 2A. He beats you with his legs more than his arm. Superior athete at that position though. Earle lost quite a bit to graduation and they will go as far as Bohannon and Merritt carry them. I think the winner of the CC/Earle game is going to be the conference champ. That game just happens to be in Cherry Valley this year against the team with the most experience returning out of the entire conference. Thats why I picked CC to win the conference. And I dont think anyone is sleeping on Earle, just saying they arent the clear favorite but fully capable of winning the conference.
In the semis last year he looked to throw first. He really didn't look to run. He didn't do much down the field but he hit some crossing routes and under the backers. If he is improved from last year he should be a pretty good passer. He was under a good bit of pressure also.

mtindian42

Butch_Cassidy

That is a great assessment of both teams but as far as bohanon goes he's spent alot of time at QB camps this summer and I must say he's a quick study.. He was offered by ASU and Memphis.... and was the QB Mvp at Auburn Qb camp for the class of 2018 out of 45 kids..... This will be an interesting year for the bulldogs and the T birds.... If Merritt would work as hard as his teammates he could very well be the best back in 2a.... not taking anything away from Davis I've seen him run in and out of pads he can Fly

Pit Bull

I did hear about that Auburn thing, if things come together it might be a really good season at the pound...

bdubyab60

Quote from: JC Guy on August 12, 2015, 07:27:18 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 12, 2015, 04:21:22 pm
In the semis last year he looked to throw first. He really didn't look to run. He didn't do much down the field but he hit some crossing routes and under the backers. If he is improved from last year he should be a pretty good passer. He was under a good bit of pressure also.
I have no doubt he will improve. Was just a freshman last year. He probably averaged over 10 yards a carry against us last year.

playmaker04

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on August 12, 2015, 07:55:17 pm
That is a great assessment of both teams but as far as bohanon goes he's spent alot of time at QB camps this summer and I must say he's a quick study.. He was offered by ASU and Memphis.... and was the QB Mvp at Auburn Qb camp for the class of 2018 out of 45 kids..... This will be an interesting year for the bulldogs and the T birds.... If Merritt would work as hard as his teammates he could very well be the best back in 2a.... not taking anything away from Davis I've seen him run in and out of pads he can Fly
I'm not seeing any offers from asu or Memphis for Bohannon for their classes of 2018. Where did you get that info?

Proud Buckaroo

Some times people confuse "interest" with being offered.

Pit Bull

The Auburn info is accurate, he did very good at his visits to the University of Memphis and ASU

Proud Buckaroo

So. He doesn't really have offers. He just visited the schools, and they show interest.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 14, 2015, 02:58:34 pm
So. He doesn't really have offers. He just visited the schools, and they show interest.

Correct, just voted MVP at the Auburn QB Camp out of his class...

Butch_Cassidy

Sometimes when a coach says son we are offering you a full ride to our school it means they have offered you a full ride to that school....
An example you won't to sell your 68 mustang.... John is talking to you and interested in buying it... that Mustang is still yours has has put a price on it.... Max comes in and says I'm offering to buy your car for $15,000 ... now its your chance to take the offer and sale or refuse the offer....
Websters definition

Proud Buckaroo

If it was a legit offer. It would have been announced. No major websites are listening any offers for this kid.

Proud Buckaroo

I am not discrediteding this kid at all. Just trying to get to a point.

Pit Bull

No official offers, he just have interest from a excellent camp is what I was told....  I mean the kid is a 10 grader, give him some time to grow into it.... Smh

mtindian42

Mvp of and auburn camp? Lol enough said...kids the real deal...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 14, 2015, 10:36:10 pm
No official offers, he just have interest from a excellent camp is what I was told....  I mean the kid is a 10 grader, give him some time to grow into it.... Smh

Like I said. I am not taking anything away from the kid.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 15, 2015, 03:35:36 am

Like I said. I am not taking anything away from the kid.

Buck, you'll just have to see this kid for yourself to understand....

Proud Buckaroo

I just watched the kids HUDL earlier. That kid is huge for a sophmore. Lol. He is definitely good. Those interest will absolutely turn into offers.

For those interested:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4588505/gerry-bohanon

Proud Buckaroo

What is Autry Allen doing these days?

Pit Bull

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 15, 2015, 08:55:15 am
What is Autry Allen doing these days?

Last I heard he was attempting to walk on at ASU, don't know how that is working out tho....

Butch_Cassidy

If you have any questions or concerns about if the kid has an offer or if ASU IS just interested  contact Walt Bell Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks
(870) 680-8438.  AFTER ALL HE IS THE COACH WHO CAME BY THE SCHOOL and talked to the head coach there and at the one day camp He maybe able to clarify it better

JC Guy

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on August 15, 2015, 08:59:12 pm
If you have any questions or concerns about if the kid has an offer or if ASU IS just interested  contact Walt Bell Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks
(870) 680-8438.  AFTER ALL HE IS THE COACH WHO CAME BY THE SCHOOL and talked to the head coach there and at the one day camp He maybe able to clarify it better
[/quote
No need to call if he had an offer it would be posted. However I think he will be able to pick from many schools as long as he keeps his act together. He has the size and talent to go far. Like Pit Bull said let the kid grow up. He is on the radar for many teams I am sure and by the start of next season he will have some stars beside his name.

Butch_Cassidy

Well however you experts see it.  The truth is the truth and yes he will only get better.  All offers must be posted in the experts books... when I was in school an offer wasn't posted... when my cousin who was offered here recently it wasn't on scout and varsity... but hey YOU GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS

JC Guy

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on August 15, 2015, 11:15:49 pm
Well however you experts see it.  The truth is the truth and yes he will only get better.  All offers must be posted in the experts books... when I was in school an offer wasn't posted... when my cousin who was offered here recently it wasn't on scout and varsity... but hey YOU GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS
Never said it would be on either site you mentioned however I do know how to find it. Didn't say I was an expert. I also gave the kid his props so I really don't understand why you had to get all up in caps. >:(

Pit Bull

August 21, 2015, 09:02:37 pm #45 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:23:25 am by Pit Bull
Sounds like tradition will return to MT.... What kind of coach doesn't have a weight program  going these days? Amazing...

mtindian42

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 21, 2015, 09:02:37 pm
Sounds like tradition will return to MT.... What kind of coach doesn't have a weight program  going these days? Amazing...
dang good question. It's one of the reasons I've been calling for his head the last 3 years!

Proud Buckaroo

Honestly... For the kids to not have a weight program. That puts them in danger of getting hurt worse.. In my opinion.

ISU7

Exactly, like you said he's only a tenth grader, who knows how many offers he has when 2018 gets here. SMH.. Good Luck too the Doggs this season Pit. 'll see you at the pound sept 11th.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas