• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A

Started by RiverEagle079, June 26, 2015, 08:30:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

LOL.  I was wondering how Big E knew how big I was!  Then I remember I brought him a sammich!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 27, 2015, 12:31:01 pm
Quote from: Ventman on July 23, 2015, 08:09:07 pm
I think most teams now days don't get into shape until about week 4. I thought after last season the Jags would be the team to beat in the 6 this year.

I promise, des arc will be in shape in week one. If McCrory thinks they will just breeze through their week 2 game (HF they play des arc) they will be in trouble. Yall sleep on des arc and see what happens to your team.  No team in the 6 has a winning record vs des arc and I don't expect that to change this year.

Pick as much as I've picked at you guys I have mccroy, hazen, and des arc in the top 7....I'm not sleeping on any of those three....

BrianfromCarlisle

The winner of the 6 will have definitely earned it this year.  The playoff teams should be very very tough to beat come playoff time

Cheek

Quote from: big E on July 27, 2015, 01:06:31 pm
You tell em Pick. And Cheek you got called a crybaby by someone worms size that's  funny lol

I know Big E.   He is a keyboard warrior .  This is a message board and when you state fact, he resorts to name calling.  Reading his post, I guess I am now the Notorious BIG  from E-town.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Cheek on July 27, 2015, 03:41:53 pm
Quote from: big E on July 27, 2015, 01:06:31 pm
You tell em Pick. And Cheek you got called a crybaby by someone worms size that's  funny lol

I know Big E.   He is a keyboard warrior .  This is a message board and when you state fact, he resorts to name calling.  Reading his post, I guess I am now the Notorious BIG  from E-town.

lol funny.  I'm no keyboard warrior.    And I didn't call you a crybaby.  I told you to stop your crying.  And I would tell you that in person if that's what you need.  You called someone a liar that you have no clue about.  They only relayed information.  If you want to be upset that Carlisle and England aren't playing the next 2 years, then fine.  I don't like it either.  But don't call people liars when they are far from it. 

RiverEagle079

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2015, 03:14:44 pm
LOL.  I was wondering how Big E knew how big I was!  Then I remember I brought him a sammich!!!

Hey me too and I will be making that again this year Big E a sammich from craigs per win

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on July 27, 2015, 03:32:17 pm
I think most teams now days don't get into shape until about week 4. I thought after last season the Jags would be the team to beat in the 6 this year.

I promise, des arc will be in shape in week one. If McCrory thinks they will just breeze through their week 2 game (HF they play des arc) they will be in trouble. Yall sleep on des arc and see what happens to your team.  No team in the 6 has a winning record vs des arc and I don't expect that to change this year.

Pick as much as I've picked at you guys I have mccroy, hazen, and des arc in the top 7....I'm not sleeping on any of those three....

I know you are not HF.

All I got to say is we will have a good year this year, then may be down a year or two (still make the playoffs) but after that, we will be back.

If you take j.c. out of 2A, the state titles will go through the 6.

HorseFeathers

You mean the most snake bit conference in 2a?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on July 27, 2015, 05:33:55 pm

If you mean snake bit as in having to play j.c. in the title game, than yea, I guess so.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 27, 2015, 05:42:11 pm

If you mean snake bit as in having to play j.c. in the title game, than yea, I guess so.

Magazine knocked out conference best Carlisle 3 years in a row didn't they? If you guys could just incorporate the forward pass, a bit more, then I think Carlisle wins state in 2013, hazen might have put up a better fight last year....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on July 27, 2015, 05:45:04 pm

Magazine knocked out conference best Carlisle 3 years in a row didn't they? If you guys could just incorporate the forward pass, a bit more, then I think Carlisle wins state in 2013, hazen might have put up a better fight last year....

Not sure about magazine and carlisle,  but that may be correct.

I thought hazen put up a valiant effort last year.

But 2nd to the 8 (thanks to j.c.) the 6 probably has the most appearances out of the rest,  or if you wanted to look it up, I bet it is really close with semi finalist teams.

JC Guy

That's the second time I have seen that said. I didn't reply the first time but go back and see what happened when they put the ball in the air. Pick six! They used the best scheme they could have used to give our D the most trouble. Our secondary would have been hard to deal with in the air but they wanted no part of the Ricks kid by half. Now if you said if they could have gotten our backers blocked on that last drive they could have won you would have been on to something. Hard to pass in the type of weather we played in that night.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 27, 2015, 05:04:09 pm

I know you are not HF.

All I got to say is we will have a good year this year, then may be down a year or two (still make the playoffs) but after that, we will be back.

Guess we will see next year when they move up to 3A. I truly believe that the England Lions will have an awesome shot at winning state next year.

HorseFeathers

J.cguy... check your inbox

Ventman

Quote from: JC Guy on July 27, 2015, 07:33:14 pm

That's the second time I have seen that said. I didn't reply the first time but go back and see what happened when they put the ball in the air. Pick six! They used the best scheme they could have used to give our D the most trouble. Our secondary would have been hard to deal with in the air but they wanted no part of the Ricks kid by half. Now if you said if they could have gotten our backers blocked on that last drive they could have won you would have been on to something. Hard to pass in the type of weather we played in that night.
It was a horrible night for passing the ball and we were playing with our second string QB. I still believe that if Ricks hadn't blown his knee out the the Bison would have won that game. You just can't be so one dimensional on offense. You have to be able to pass and run.

big E

Must be getting close to football season the smack talk is heating up.

BrianfromCarlisle

Amen!  Boy I'm ready!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on July 27, 2015, 07:35:10 pm

I know you are not HF.

Guess we will see next year when they move up to 3A. I truly believe that the England Lions will have an awesome shot at winning state next year.

Not unless they get a better coach. They have had more talent on their team than most teams in the state and he underachieves every year.

Ventman

Time will tell Pick. The 6 would for sure be the best football conference if it wasn't for the 8 over the past few years. Maybe next year that will change LOL

Ventman

Quote from: big E on July 27, 2015, 08:44:49 pm
Must be getting close to football season the smack talk is heating up.
i was thinking the same thing! If will get a little cool spell the boards will really get heated!

JC Guy

Quote from: Ventman on July 27, 2015, 08:16:42 pm
Quote from: JC Guy on July 27, 2015, 07:33:14 pm

It was a horrible night for passing the ball and we were playing with our second string QB. I still believe that if Ricks hadn't blown his knee out the the Bison would have won that game. You just can't be so one dimensional on offense. You have to be able to pass and run.
I don't think Carlise would have won because they would have run out of time. Carlise took the ball on the one with just under three minutes remaining. They had moved the ball out to around the 27 with forty seconds remaining when Ricks injured his knee. Not taking any thing from Carlise but I think they run out of time before they can score. JMO

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 27, 2015, 08:52:45 pm

I know you are not HF.

Not unless they get a better coach. They have had more talent on their team than most teams in the state and he underachieves every year.

Was farmer the coach at p/w when they were really good?

Cheek

Quote from: HF on July 27, 2015, 10:05:40 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 27, 2015, 08:52:45 pm

I know you are not HF.

Was farmer the coach at p/w when they were really good?

Yes

big E

Ahh the good old days.

mcnewfamily

does any one have any camps going on?

jbtiger73

Quote from: mcnewfamily on July 28, 2015, 10:56:21 am
does any one have any camps going on?
The Cedric Houston football camp in Clarendon is going on this Saturday. Arkansasrivals.com will be there as well. Registration starts at 9 a.m. and camp begins at 10. Its $10.00 per camper and lunch and a t-shirt will be provided. Please bring cleats. Can't stress that enough.

BrianfromCarlisle

Ventman

Quote from: jbtiger73 on July 22, 2015, 02:27:18 pm
4th?  Ha ha ha. We'll see
Dont get me wrong JB I think Brinkley could easily be the #2 seed. I just  think the Jags are probably the best team this year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on July 28, 2015, 04:18:07 pm
Quote from: jbtiger73 on July 22, 2015, 02:27:18 pm
4th?  Ha ha ha. We'll see
Dont get me wrong JB I think Brinkley could easily be the #2 seed. I just  think the Jags are probably the best team this year.

Based on what? Isn't this the sane thing that's said every year about McCrory?  Never seems to pan out till baseball season.

BrianfromCarlisle

Based on the finish the had last year.  Plus they have, IMO, the best running back, I see them battling Hazen for the title.

BrianfromCarlisle

Sorry for the butt in.  My bad

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 28, 2015, 07:20:40 pm

Dang Pick, did you send him a nasty PM.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 28, 2015, 07:10:14 pm
Based on the finish the had last year.  Plus they have, IMO, the best running back, I see them battling Hazen for the title.

How many starters do they return? Didnt they have the same running back last year?  Wasnt the same statements made when they had Best as a running back? Like i said, same story, different year.

Looks like they lost every game they played against a quality opponent last year, hazen  (twice), des arc and e.p.c.

Yall just need to get Carlisle back up to par. 😂

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on July 28, 2015, 07:34:53 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 28, 2015, 07:20:40 pm

Dang Pick, did you send him a nasty PM.

Nope, no idea why he said that.

BrianfromCarlisle

Wasnt trying to interrupt pick and vents conversation. But, pick, McCrory made semis and have Rogo back.  He got better in the latter part of the season.  That's why I have them up there. I think the top 4 out of the 6 will be tough to put out come playoffs. 

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 28, 2015, 07:10:14 pm
x2 and sound like to me they have some huge offensive lineman to make holes for Rogo. Time will tell. Opinions are like rears we all got them.

MomaLion

big E

I know McCrory lost Rhett Martin off the O and D lines but they return a boat load of kids with experience not to mention Gamble and Rogo.

Cheek

Big E,  what will PW do this year.  I know they had a great Jr. High team last year, but will any of them move up and contribute this year.   They should make the playoffs this year.

jbtiger73

Seems like PW has a great jr high every year. But doesn't seem to translate to sr high. I think it has alot to do with the coach not getting them used to the transition of skill and speed from one level to the next.

mcnewfamily

mccrory has 38 kids playing ball this year. we only lost 3 srs. last year. we have plaenty of depth on oline this year several that missed has come back out to play. loaded with big nasties and more skilled players than the past few years.  best numbers we have had in a very long time.

Ventman

Quote from: mcnewfamily on July 29, 2015, 10:53:45 am
mccrory has 38 kids playing ball this year. we only lost 3 srs. last year. we have plaenty of depth on oline this year several that missed has come back out to play. loaded with big nasties and more skilled players than the past few years.  best numbers we have had in a very long time.
Sounds like the Jags are loaded and ready to make a run at the 6A title.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on July 29, 2015, 11:55:34 am

Ummmmm....6a? They the junction city of the north yet?

Ventman

Quote from: HF on July 29, 2015, 12:04:59 pm

? The 6-2A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on July 29, 2015, 04:04:04 pm
Quote from: HF on July 29, 2015, 12:04:59 pm

? The 6-2A

My post sounded better in my head....hmmm

Ventman

I guess I'm confused, what I meant was I think the Jags will win the 6-2A this year. Oh and I believe JC wins another state title this year.

big E

Cheek I have no idea they said we should have between 25 and 30 one of the Baker boys broke his leg in baseball so he's out at this point I would say 4-4 or 3-7 and JB we'll see how y'all developed talent after this year bud.lol

jbtiger73

Aww, we develop our guys very well compared to about 4 or 5 years ago

Old Scrapper

I've been off here awhile but picking right back up on things from last year, I believe McCrory will stand alone at the top (hope I'm wrong and it is Hazen tho) and Hazen, DA, Brinkley all be in it for the 2,3 and 4 spot in no particular order.

Lions84

I hope that Clarendon will get back to winning again this been a tough last 10 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas