• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon

Started by JohnBarleycorn, May 28, 2015, 06:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 16, 2015, 11:22:40 am
Im not being sensitive. Just stating the facts. Also, district also means elementary school as well. We've definitely lost kids there. Thats where the majority of the losses come from. Alot end up in mccrory for some reason. Mostly white kids. I guess it's some kinda connection there or something.

Yes, a connection or something
like that. 

big E

Funny how those connections work.

MomaLion

I'm leaning more toward the "something like that" lol.

big E

jbtiger73

That's gotta be hard on an elementary kid. Getting up that early to go to school that far every day

big E

Thats the beauty of freedom of choice.

big E

And there's some reason they want to leave .

jbtiger73

You have alot of teachers that are set in their ways there. But there is alot of follow the leader parents there as well.

big E

Hire young good looking teachers and kids will flock to you  like ants to syrup.That's our secret.

Lions84

Good times down here in Texas as my Daughter starts her Sr YEAR as Varisty Cheer Captain and ranked 19th out of 130 with a 3.75 gpa.

jbtiger73

MomaLion

JB, you know y'all lose kids for the same reason we lose them...it's unfortunate but it's also reality.  I believe you should go to your school that you are zoned for unless there is a problem that is preventing a child from being successful but that's just my opinion.

jbtiger73

Alot of them attend church together. So that's why I was saying it was more like a follow the leader type deal. But there's no way in heck that I would do that to my 7, 8, or 9 year old every day. That's just too far for school. Even for a high schooler. But big e and momma, ive seen a heck of alot worse.

big E

Man just go 8 miles East of  Palestine and you can see worse  of course they cover it up but you still hear the war stories.

Lions84

The Delta looks a little more haggard every time I come home. Colt  Ar is growing as a bed room community of Forrest City. Every one else except for DA , Hazen and Carlisle are not growing.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on August 17, 2015, 12:38:40 pm
Hire young good looking teachers and kids will flock to you  like ants to syrup.That's our secret.

hold on. Farmer was there wasn't he? Complete opposite end of the spectrum, ole pal.  ;D

big E

Yeah worm but ask him about the librarian there's a reason why we have good literacy scores.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on August 19, 2015, 05:30:45 pm
Yeah worm but ask him about the librarian there's a reason why we have good literacy scores.

dirty old man!! I wanna read too!!!

MomaLion

We had our Lion Kickoff tonight and i'm very impressed with our numbers this year.  About 30 on Sr high and more bulk than we've had the last few years...Jr high had 30 as well...lots of new faces this year.  Plus we have more coaches than I can remember having...we lost 3 and gained 5 new coaches.

Jacketman65

Quote from: MomaLion on August 20, 2015, 11:41:42 pm
We had our Lion Kickoff tonight and i'm very impressed with our numbers this year.  About 30 on Sr high and more bulk than we've had the last few years...Jr high had 30 as well...lots of new faces this year.  Plus we have more coaches than I can remember having...we lost 3 and gained 5 new coaches.
Maybe the new coach will work out for you after all.  All he has to do now is win!

MomaLion

I can't remember the last time we've had that many on Sr high.

Lions84

We had 32 my Jr year and 28 my Sr year.

MomaLion

And that was how many years ago??? Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on August 22, 2015, 10:11:57 pm

I hear leather helmets were optional in 84's day

MomaLion

Lol he graduated with my much older sister ;)

big E

Ooh now y'all talking about old people.

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on August 22, 2015, 10:11:57 pm
1982-84 I still have one of the Schedule Posters they used to give out to businesses and folks .  My Jr Year we had 38.

Ventman

Looks like the red Lions may have some ground game this year.

MomaLion

I was pleased with the scrimmages...of course it could have been better lol but there's potential and all teams seemed to be good sports.

BrianfromCarlisle

How did everyone look?

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on August 25, 2015, 09:57:50 pm
I was pleased with the scrimmages...of course it could have been better lol but there's potential and all teams seemed to be good sports.

I have not seen Clarendon play the past few years, but they had some good looking players.  It is tough to judge them against the teams they played.  Clarendon held their own at times,  and should compete in the 6AA this year. 

BigLion10

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on August 25, 2015, 10:06:37 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on August 25, 2015, 09:57:50 pm

I have not seen Clarendon play the past few years, but they had some good looking players.  It is tough to judge them against the teams they played.  Clarendon held their own at times,  and should compete in the 6AA this year.
Thanks Cheek...I thought they all looked good.  I was pleased with Clarendon's potential...we have a lot more size this year if they can learn to maximize it.  I think we will be better than expected. 
It looked like everyone was getting along and being good sports so that was very enjoyable  :)

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 25, 2015, 10:27:03 pm
How'd we do cheek
England looked good...I tried to watch the whole field but it was impossible at times lol...like a 3 ring circus, you never know what to look at first  ;D

big E

I seen on the 3a board where dewitt was pounding Barton.

MomaLion

big E

Now I don't have any  idea of  how good Barton is but they are usually pretty decent.

MomaLion

AAA shows that their Jr high is coming to Clarendon along with Dewitt, Stuttgart, Vilonia and England tomorrow...won't know how good Dewitt Sr is until the 4th I guess.

Lions84

Go Big RED! and Have a great Season.

Lions84

Mom told me they are between 15 -24 kids living in Clarendons district going to Hazen under school choice.  Also many down around St Charles are either going to Marvell Academy or Dewitt rather than ride the bus to Clarendon.

jbtiger73

Same story, different place 84. They've been doing it in Brinkley for years.

BigLion10

Moma how did the Jr high scrimmage go last week?

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 31, 2015, 12:01:31 pm
Same story, different place 84. They've been doing it in Brinkley for years.

Thanks JBTiger73

jbtiger73

Stuttgart pretty much destroyed everyone i heard. My son had 12 total tackles during the scrimmage.

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 31, 2015, 03:24:25 pm
England gave Stuttgart a run, Vilonia wasn't there, Dewitt had a huge fan turnout and performed pretty well, Barton struggled and Clarendon only scored on Dewitt.

Lions84

StrongDawg

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 31, 2015, 07:27:32 pm
Stuttgart pretty much destroyed everyone i heard. My son had 12 total tackles during the scrimmage.
Stuttgart and DeWitt tied 8-8 in Junior High Scrimmage.

Wonderdog

Quote from: MomaLion on September 01, 2015, 12:14:58 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on August 31, 2015, 03:24:25 pm
England gave Stuttgart a run, Vilonia wasn't there, Dewitt had a huge fan turnout and performed pretty well, Barton struggled and Clarendon only scored on Dewitt.
Clarendon also punched one in on Stuttgart.

MomaLion

You are correct, I forgot that one...Clarendon's games were:
Clarendon 6 Barton 16
Clarendon 8 Dewitt 14
Clarendon 6 Stuttgart 16

I don't know what I was thinking lol.

jbtiger73

But why are yall acting like it was an entire game though. It was 1 qtr of action against each team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas